PDA

View Full Version : Omg a theory.

Lozzoling
23-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Ok, we all know that habbo was at its peak when callie was around, eg; 14,000 visitors a day.

But we also know that habbo can fake its visitor figures, because .de was saying that it had 22,000 visitors and when found out, quickly dropped to its usual amount.

I think Callie faked the amount of people online in an attempt to make out that her prescence was helping the hotel keep popular and therefore make sulake think she was doing ok.

Since she left the hotel only gets around 7,000 players max, i highly doubt 50% of habbo's came on just for the benefit of callie. I think the hotel has only ever had 10,000 max, and that callie faked the figures.

Shawnstra
23-07-2007, 10:32 AM
I am very doubtful of this. The hotel, has gotten more commercialized after Callie left, and it was no doubt better during the times of Callie. Just my opinion though.

poll
23-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Nice Theory +Rep to it but tbh. after callie left the hotel was slowly declineing in visitors along with me and i gradually was seeing friends leave also so it doesnt surprise me to much as i feel alot of older teens 16+ have left and imo.. alot of younger teens are still playing and its quiet noticeable

ShaneIsMe
23-07-2007, 10:47 AM
question, how did she fake it? did she change it back the day before she left?

p.s first question is easy answered i know but how can she fake it and nobody notice?

HOSKO02
23-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Nah she would have been caught out, ater 2004, alot of the veterain Habbo's starte to leave, becoming too old or growing out of the game.

Earthquake
23-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Their was never 14000 visitors? The max was 13000 because a mod/callie/staff sent a announcement about their achievement, And it wasn't faked. What most people don't remember they wasn't actully genuine members, Most were actully clones. But now that option cannot be done, theirs less & less visitors. And on a lighter note on why their isn't many visitors nowadays is the fact lost_witness does rubbish events, He's prizes now stink, And you no longer win anything in ROOM OF THE WEEK, Stuff like that. But we all do have to remember, Callie has never actully open gone into the public randomly, Shes always around for events. But for lost_witness, He will go touring the public rooms, In a celebrity visit once, someone asked him to come to he's room and what happend... HE WENT THEIR! Now I've seen lost_witness about 40 times, And the fact he accepts f/r (I have him on mine) Makes him a publicity loser after some attention, And he also invites he's list to go to he's room for a photo without just doing an alteration. But I do have to say when callie was around nearly everyday their was an event.

The Professor
23-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Look through the articles on habbox.com and click on Habbo: A ticking timebomb. Im not going to type my reasoning out again ;)

Interesting theory though.

Blissa
23-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Well, I don't think this would make sense... Sulake would be monitoring everything she does and they would know if she had changed the configuration of the amount of users that were online at a certain peak. However, I do agree with everyone that it's an interesting theory. Just read what Earthquake says, it more or less makes sense.

Decode
24-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Ok, we all know that habbo was at its peak when callie was around, eg; 14,000 visitors a day.

But we also know that habbo can fake its visitor figures, because .de was saying that it had 22,000 visitors and when found out, quickly dropped to its usual amount.

I think Callie faked the amount of people online in an attempt to make out that her prescence was helping the hotel keep popular and therefore make sulake think she was doing ok.

Since she left the hotel only gets around 7,000 players max, i highly doubt 50% of habbo's came on just for the benefit of callie. I think the hotel has only ever had 10,000 max, and that callie faked the figures.
I aggree with you, appart from callie was fired.

I am very doubtful of this. The hotel, has gotten more commercialized after Callie left, and it was no doubt better during the times of Callie. Just my opinion though.
There were about 16k people on when callie was arround, now thers about

TopManTim
24-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Their was never 14000 visitors? The max was 13000 because a mod/callie/staff sent a announcement about their achievement, And it wasn't faked. What most people don't remember they wasn't actully genuine members, Most were actully clones. But now that option cannot be done, theirs less & less visitors.

You can still clone

And on a lighter note on why their isn't many visitors nowadays is the fact lost_witness does rubbish events, He's prizes now stink, And you no longer win anything in ROOM OF THE WEEK, Stuff like that. But we all do have to remember, Callie has never actully open gone into the public randomly, Shes always around for events. But for lost_witness, He will go touring the public rooms, In a celebrity visit once, someone asked him to come to he's room and what happend... HE WENT THEIR! Now I've seen lost_witness about 40 times, And the fact he accepts f/r (I have him on mine) Makes him a publicity loser after some attention, And he also invites he's list to go to he's room for a photo without just doing an alteration. But I do have to say when callie was around nearly everyday their was an event.

1. Callie did just go into rooms publicly. She used to go into random rooms and just talk.
2. So what if L_W accepts f/rs? I don't see how that changes anything. It's not like your their best friend cos your on their list :rolleyes:
3. So what if he asks his list to go to his room for a screenie. I'd say that's better than just an alt, it makes people feel special to be on the habbo homepage.

People didn't come online just cos of callie it was the fact that there were always events and competitions to do so you never got bored.

The Stapler
24-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Reasons for Habbos decline in numbers:

- Scripting has become pratically non-existent
- All english speaking countries now have their own hotels (.com .ca .com.au not to mention there are 29 different hotels)
- Too many super rares have been released along with countless new furni.
- Habbo advertising things like 'Bratz' has brought a new generation of kids.
- Habbo is now in its 7th year.

Purple
25-07-2007, 07:45 AM
The absolute biggest hurt to .co.uk was and will always be the move from the .com name to the .co.uk. It has LITTLE to do with the switch from Callie to Lost, or from cloning (which doesn't make sense sorry).

It is now nearly 4am my time, EST, meaning that across the country it's midnight. And yet, .com still maintains numbers well over 2,500! Imagine if they were on .co.uk! Our measly 300 would turn to nearly 3,000!

If you pooled all of the English speaking hotels, you'd peak at 15,000+ each day, and never fall below 2,000.

But since the hotels became divided... There's no way of putting the pieces back together.

I think I'll move to .com soon :)

2hd.
25-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Whatever happens, Habbo UK won't reach 10 years old. It is in September when lots of people leave, they'll be down to a peak at 2000 at Christmas I think.

Ras
25-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Habbo UK won't reach 10 years old.

I would actually be happy with it.

1. I havent spent creds on habbo; only spare time.

2. The management atm. is crap.

3. Habbo help tool management lies to you in emails.

Edit:

4. Too many scammers -> Hard to be much richer.

Lozzoling
25-07-2007, 05:18 PM
[/COLOR][/B]

People didn't come online just cos of callie it was the fact that there were always events and competitions to do so you never got bored.

WELL DUH

Thats y i said i highly doubt it.

Get some brains.

Earthquake
25-07-2007, 05:28 PM
[/COLOR][/B]

You can still clone

[B][COLOR=black]

1. Callie did just go into rooms publicly. She used to go into random rooms and just talk.
2. So what if L_W accepts f/rs? I don't see how that changes anything. It's not like your their best friend cos your on their list :rolleyes:
3. So what if he asks his list to go to his room for a screenie. I'd say that's better than just an alt, it makes people feel special to be on the habbo homepage.

Stop trying to be smart, You can only clone via two diffrent browsers.

Lozzoling
25-07-2007, 05:45 PM

I can get 11 habbo's on with internet explorer.

littlened
25-07-2007, 05:47 PM
i dont believe it tbh.... habbo used to be fun and although addictive i had a general good time but now it is just boring. And with habbo releasing predictable rares it is just not worth spending money to get credits now days. Also with no offence to Habbox as i think you do a good job on Rare Values but prices are going up and up (for example the throne) making hard for poorer habbos to get one.

TopManTim
25-07-2007, 06:07 PM
WELL DUH

Thats y i said i highly doubt it.

Get some brains.

You said that you doubted people came online cos of callie and I said that they came online cos of quests and things to do. You doubted Callie bein the reason not quests ect. Oh and when the numbers look faked it's a glitch not deliberate.

1. I'm not trying to be smart.
2. You can clone with the same browser
3. Even using diff browsers it's still cloning as you have more that one habbo online.

Earthquake
25-07-2007, 06:37 PM
You said that you doubted people came online cos of callie and I said that they came online cos of quests and things to do. You doubted Callie bein the reason not quests ect. Oh and when the numbers look faked it's a glitch not deliberate.

1. I'm not trying to be smart.
2. You can clone with the same browser
3. Even using diff browsers it's still cloning as you have more that one habbo online.
Thats what I just said ''You can only clone with two browsers''

1) Not many people have two browsers.
2) Not many people can be bovard cloning as one habbo won't make room popular
3) Stop trying to be smart because you are not

4) Why the hell did you -rep me? Your so lucky habbox have rules about insulting members.

bo$$
25-07-2007, 06:44 PM

4) Why the hell did you -rep me? Your so lucky habbox have rules about insulting members.

1) you dont need two..
click IE, www.habbo.co.uk/client, load it
click IE " "
2) usually when people clone its more then just one clone. One clone is a waste.

Earthquake
25-07-2007, 07:01 PM
1) you dont need two..
click IE, www.habbo.co.uk/client, load it
click IE " "
2) usually when people clone its more then just one clone. One clone is a waste.
yea I know, but if I try what you just said it just dissconects my other client window and loads that one

TopManTim
25-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Lol at the bit about me in your sig.

So how exactly did I get owned? Seriously get a life.

Edit: LOL at the bad rep you gave me. So um how was my point proved wrong?
I believe you're in the wrong?

Edit Edit:

Right are you stupid or what? I SAID THAT YOU DIDN'T NEED TWO BROWSERS NOT THAT YOU DID.

In response to your 1,2,3,4:

1) And? You don't need two browsers to clone.
2) How's that got anything to do with what I said? All I said was that you could clone without two browsers. Oh and actually with cloning you could get like 10 habbos online so thatwould get your room quite pop.
3) Sos, it's natural.
4) Because of your ignorance that you are right and can't be wrong even when you are.

bovard

Who are you? Catherine Tate

Krusty
25-07-2007, 10:22 PM
might be true
i cant keep up with habbo these days

i remember when we were all waiting for V8 and V9

ohh the good old days

PriceTags
27-07-2007, 10:59 AM
If we're using Summerz's browser method, I can think of four browsers to use (IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari). I've never tried the /client method before, but I think I might well do one day.

Earthquake
27-07-2007, 02:33 PM
If we're using Summerz's browser method, I can think of four browsers to use (IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari). I've never tried the /client method before, but I think I might well do one day.
Never heard of Opera&&Safari, Could you give me links?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!