PDA

View Full Version : Selling my 360 to buy a wii

Sly
25-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Well, My mum was being well anoying telling me to sell the 360 because i never use it so i finally said kk and now we decided to trade it in for a wii.
But like all the shops give crap prices like 80 Pound :O
But game offer 115 so we probably go with that.
Dya think this is a good decision ?
Is the wii worth buying ?

CrazyColaist
25-07-2007, 10:36 AM
sell it on ebay. you're get more than that

For fun games you need atleast 300 pound

Jazza
25-07-2007, 10:36 AM
You selling any games with it?

Sly
25-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Yeh Spiderman and Gears of war.

Energizer
25-07-2007, 10:46 AM
sell it on ebay. you're get more than that

That's what i was gna say. I wouldn't sell it for £115.

Sly
25-07-2007, 10:57 AM
I seen em on ebay for $52 though :S

Skiller
25-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Conor. I feel the same with mine and I have gears of war but shop prices are crud and :( I really want a WII

Sly
25-07-2007, 11:09 AM
I know they trade in prices for 360 games is ridiculous.

PaulMacC
25-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I have 13 games for the Wii, All great fun.
If your buying a Wii game, avoid launch titles.
They were rushed out for the launch.

Bear-Max
25-07-2007, 11:29 AM
To play Devil's Advocate here: what games are you planning to get for the Wii? At present I'd say that it isn't worth getting one as there are hardly any games worth playing. Zelda, Eledees, WarioWare - yes, but not much else. And even then the only big first party title from Nintendo this year for Europe is Metroid Prime 3 (don't be fooled into thinking we'll actually get Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. this year).

I'd wait for Mario Galaxy to get one to be honest, and in the meantime get a few good 360 games and use the darned thing!

CJW93
25-07-2007, 11:12 PM
It depends what 360 you have

Aflux
26-07-2007, 06:25 PM
www.cex.co.uk

Seriously, 135 cash or 168 credit.

Homesrfan
27-07-2007, 12:13 AM
To play Devil's Advocate here: what games are you planning to get for the Wii? At present I'd say that it isn't worth getting one as there are hardly any games worth playing. Zelda, Eledees, WarioWare - yes, but not much else. And even then the only big first party title from Nintendo this year for Europe is Metroid Prime 3 (don't be fooled into thinking we'll actually get Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. this year).

I'd wait for Mario Galaxy to get one to be honest, and in the meantime get a few good 360 games and use the darned thing!
There are other great games coming.
Battalion Wars II comes to mind. If you want to get a Wii - get one. But it seems like you don't play your 360 much because you only have 2 games. Maybe you should just check out some other games. 360 has a great library of games and more on the way. Not to say Wii doesn't have one... I'm more excited for Wii's lineup, but I'm not sure if you should sell your 360 unless you're sure you don't want it.

PaulMacC
27-07-2007, 12:22 AM
BWii will own so badly.

Eh hehe, Do you like the way I spelt it BW abbreviating battalion wars and then the ii to replicate Wii.

Anyway I'm looking forward to Mp3, Trauma Centre, NiGHTS : JoD , BWii

Sly
27-07-2007, 01:19 AM
www.cex.co.uk (http://www.cex.co.uk)

Seriously, 135 cash or 168 credit.
Oh they only give 123 for it because its the core.
Still better than the other shop though.

Bear-Max
27-07-2007, 12:07 PM
There are other great games coming.
Battalion Wars II comes to mind. If you want to get a Wii - get one. But it seems like you don't play your 360 much because you only have 2 games. Maybe you should just check out some other games. 360 has a great library of games and more on the way. Not to say Wii doesn't have one... I'm more excited for Wii's lineup, but I'm not sure if you should sell your 360 unless you're sure you don't want it.
BWii probably will be quite good, but I can't really see it as a killer app.

Right now my honest opinion is that the 360 is the most worthwhile console to have as it has the best games. Before anyone starts whinging though, it's not because it "pwnz" the PS3 and Wii, it's just been out longer and so has more to play. Dead Rising, Lost Planet, GRAW2, Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Forza, Guitar Hero, Command & Conquer, PGR3, Call of Duty, Dead or Alive, Rainbow Six Vegas, Kameo, The Darkness, DiRT... And that's what's out right now. There are so many quality titles to come.

Of course the Wii and PS3 have quality titles to come too, but neither can boast such a good lineup right now.

Jase
27-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Try going to your local gamestation, If you trade it in for an wii you should get quite a lot.

Thats what i did, I took my DS there and 4 games and i got £170 for it ;)

Homesrfan
28-07-2007, 05:39 PM
BWii probably will be quite good, but I can't really see it as a killer app.

Right now my honest opinion is that the 360 is the most worthwhile console to have as it has the best games. Before anyone starts whinging though, it's not because it "pwnz" the PS3 and Wii, it's just been out longer and so has more to play. Dead Rising, Lost Planet, GRAW2, Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Forza, Guitar Hero, Command & Conquer, PGR3, Call of Duty, Dead or Alive, Rainbow Six Vegas, Kameo, The Darkness, DiRT... And that's what's out right now. There are so many quality titles to come.

Of course the Wii and PS3 have quality titles to come too, but neither can boast such a good lineup right now.
And I agree, 360 has an amazing lineup, but Nintendo's titles interest me more. I'm definitely going to get a 360 eventually, but games like Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy just interest me more. It really just comes down to personal taste which fanboys just don't really get.

Aflux
28-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Wii is more of a novelty and not aimed, but directed towards children and people who don't game seriously whereas the 360 is more towards a home entertainment system and aimed towards the more pro/dedicated gamers.

In my opinion anyway, that's always been the case with Nintendo.

Homesrfan
29-07-2007, 02:40 AM
Wii is more of a novelty and not aimed, but directed towards children and people who don't game seriously whereas the 360 is more towards a home entertainment system and aimed towards the more pro/dedicated gamers.

In my opinion anyway, that's always been the case with Nintendo.
I disagree. I think the Wii is aimed for every kind of gamer... and the non-gamers.

Bear-Max
29-07-2007, 10:08 PM
And I agree, 360 has an amazing lineup, but Nintendo's titles interest me more. I'm definitely going to get a 360 eventually, but games like Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy just interest me more. It really just comes down to personal taste which fanboys just don't really get.
While I agree those are likely to be great games... They aren't out yet. And that's my point about people's stupidity when it comes to consoles. Yes, this game and that might be great in the future, but why buy the console if there isn't a system-selling game you want to play right now?

Besides... by the time those games come out there'll be much better bundles and possibly a lower priced-console.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!