PDA

View Full Version : Article about Habbo: Now 67 and more...

Barmi
26-07-2007, 10:22 AM
To start with, a "Now 67" search as Google currently provides Habbo UK as the 11th result. ;) Two results after that is a link to an article on mad.co.uk which was published yesterday. Here it is, quoted:

EMI has teamed up with teen social networking site Habbo to promote the digital launch of its latest music compilation Now 67.

The deal was brokered by media agency Starcom and enables EMI to promote the album to Habbo’s core teen market through the creation of the Now 67 Summer Beach Café on Habbo.co.uk.

In addition, Now 67 will also be advertised on Habbo.co.uk’s homepage, through advertorials and rich media leader boards.

The virtual room has been developed to allow users, Habbos, to listen and dance to the tracks on Now 67 in the hope of establishing a positive association with the brand.

The café will be open until the end of August 2007 and will run special events such as a launch party, music quizzes and live music debates with the site editors.

Habbo UK sales manager Hussain Chowdhury said: “The strong interactive capabilities of a virtual world gives us a free reign to create an environment we know our users will enjoy without being bombarded by brand messages and imagery.”

Chowdhury joined Habbo in June from his role as creative solutions director at Emap with the aim of driving new partnerships and growing advertisers. Habbo is also in talks with a film maker to promote its latest teen film.
Note the last line. ;)

If anyone else sees the article on the mad.co.uk site, which badge is shown on the Habbo in the thumbnail? It looks like a VIP or PRESS badge to me, but my eyesight could be going.

=gamemaster=
26-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Love badge soz :P I zoomed in...
Nice find :P

Just saw this :O

The virtual room has been developed to allow users, Habbos, to listen and dance to the tracks on Now 67 in the hope of establishing a positive association with the brand.

Hmmm, Public rooms with music??

Astrayed
26-07-2007, 10:56 AM
That last line is probley Hairspray.

Lozzoling
26-07-2007, 11:15 AM
i think its vip badge

RICHe
26-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Love badge soz :P I zoomed in...
Nice find :P

Just saw this :O

Hmmm, Public rooms with music??

if you click the banner in the now 67 cafe it plays music using windows media player, thats probs what it means.

!!HM!!
26-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Can someone post the screenie here?
says i have to registere to see the article :/

Barmi
26-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Can someone post the screenie here?
says i have to registere to see the article :/
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/2018/now67habbodm8.png

Xarea
27-07-2007, 01:32 PM
"Habbo UK sales manager Hussain Chowdhury"

Who's that?

le harry
27-07-2007, 01:51 PM

Who's that?

The Habbo UK Sales Manager.

Adam!
27-07-2007, 02:11 PM

Who's that?
The office is in London, so come on we have to have some forigne staff working for Habbo UK..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!