View Full Version : ps blog week 30

RICHe
27-07-2007, 05:26 PM
is up!
http://www.habbo.co.uk/help/ps_blog/week_30_07.html

Fez
27-07-2007, 05:34 PM
For lazy noobs

o the clouds were building ominously on Friday of last week. UKChaserAl and I had been watching the weather reports and were excited at the prospect of a bit of a thunderstorm over the Habbo Offices. The sky went black at around midday.

We rushed outside!
The rain came.
Some more rain came.
We got very very wet.

Helkat, Al, and I were sheltering by the side of the office, under a porch, and it was hammering it down - have you been to Florida? It was raining like the 4 O'clock shower!

Colmc came running out telling us that the office was flooding and we should come quick, so we we made like running Habbos and ran to the office, to be greeted by a scene of carnage! There was water all over the place, gushing into the kitchen, down the cupboard that held the mains leccy, and all in the room where we keep our priner and server.

We mopped up best we could, and called the office maintainers and told them about the situation. We had to close the office early on Friday amd turn all the leccy off and go home!

My train ride was very slow, because the line was flooded, and poor Colm got stuck on the slowest bus in London!

I hope you all fared better than us!

All is well now, and to celebrate lasting a week without sleeping with the fishes, we had lovely sushi for lunch today!
Now that's what I call wet!
Hello!

How is life? Is life good? Is life bad? Here at Habbo Towers we had a bit of a bad day on Friday..the office got flooded! Yes, the rain was so heavy, water started coming in all over the place! Heidster, Ukchaseral, Helkat and I were beginning to wonder if it was all going to turn Titanic like! Luckily the water subsided, but not before it had us all getting very worried! We had to abandon ship while the maintenance people came to sort it out, but by Monday morning we were back in the office like nothing had happened!

So, we like music. At Habbo, we're all music fans..different tastes of course! Groove Armada vs Aqua vs Erasure vs Amy Winehouse vs Calvin Harris vs Phil Collins and pretty much everyone other artist you can think of gets a spin every now and again! Well, you can imagine how happy we were when the good folks at Now Music brought us Now 67...and a fab new room for you to party in with it! To celebrate their latest collection of fab tracks, the Now 67 Summer Beach Cafe is open! Not only can you party in one of the funkiest new rooms we've had on Habbo for ages, but you can also listen to tracks from the album while to do the Duck Funk by clicking on the Now 67 banner. How's that for a good deal! I hope the sun doesn't set soon!

It's like Habbo has gone all multi-media all of a sudden. You can even watch a trailer for the great new movie Hairspray by clicking here. What a fab cast and good film! I see Disarno is already on the case and will let us know his verdict next week!

Well that's it from me this week. I'm not sure I can handle all this excitement! Stay safe all!

0rca's whale of a week!
Well, I didn’t get chance to write a blog last week, and as you know Toadflax wrote one the week before, so you haven’t heard from me for two weeks, and I know you missed me!

As you know Otus my bunny went for his operation a couple of weeks ago, he isn’t healing very well, he has a haematoma around his wound, which is basically a big build up of blood, similar to a bruise. Anyway it seems to be getting better now, but he is still in doors. This is good in a way, as he is getting more attention than he would have got if he was outside in this weather. It is awful isn’t it? I feel so bad for everyone that has been flooded out, or has no water or electric. We live in a village on a hill, so we haven’t been effected much by the flooding *touches wood*. So back to Otus. Toadflax has been investigating him quite a lot recently. Otus is in his cage in our hall, and Toadflax goes down there to say hello. Anyway the other day we decided to leave him down there just to see what happens. We were having a chat then suddenly we heard Otus throw his ball and Toadflax come belting up the stairs. Lol I think Otus was trying to show Toadflax that although he is smaller, he has weapons.

I had a very nasty email the other day, I think it was rather horrible in fact; it was something along the lines of ‘UNBAN ME OR ILL KILL YOUR CATS. I KNOW YOU HAVE A PET AND WHERE YOU LIVE. IM GOING TO KILL THEM SO UNBAN ME!’ and I have to point out that making threats doesn’t get you anywhere. All it will do is get you a ban, and a closed email. The lesson here is that being nasty or threatening in life won’t get you very far. When I got this mail I felt really saddened that someone could be so horrible, and it made me think about bullying. We get lots of emails about harassment and bullying to the help tool daily, mainly asking for name changes.

This in my view isn’t the best way forward. It wasn’t THAT long ago since I was at school and I was bullied. So from my experiences, I can tell you that the best way forward is to ignore the people being nasty and tell someone. Too many people suffer in silence, and it isn’t the way to go. If the bully tells you to keep quiet, why do you think that is? Because they know they are in the wrong and don’t want to get in trouble. They may threaten you and tell you things will get worse, but they won’t they will get better. A problem shared is always a problem halved and usually in bullying cases, it is a problem disappeared.

So remember in life and in Habbo, you have the ability to walk away from a situation, you have the ability to tell someone your problem and in Habbo you have the ability to not hear what they are saying. Hit that SHUTUP button and all will be gone. Out of Habbo, there are plenty of people you can talk to, your friends, your teachers, your parents or guardians, or organisations such as Childline. You are never alone; there is always someone that can help you :) Ok that is it from me this week, more animal stories next week. Before I go, what did you guys and gals think to Toadflax’s Blog? Did you like it? Want to see more? Tell me what you thought at [email protected].

“Keep it secret, Keep it safe!”
Akela!'s week
Well isn’t this typical?! I buy a Summer House then down comes the rain and we have the worst floods in living memory. Luckily for us at the wolf den, we didn’t get flooded and the Summer House didn’t leak, but just three miles away a local town turned into a river. It has been truly horrible. I feel so sorry for all those poor people who have had to watch helplessly as their houses got ruined. Now to make matters worse they don’t have drinking water and some don’t have electricity. Just look at this picture of a town nearby.

Well at least Habbo doesn’t suffer from rain and floods, unless of course we all suddenly lose our leccy! So I’ve been indoors again watching TV. Big Brother was so good when they brought in Ziggy’s dog. It made me cry, it was sad when he had to say goodbye. I still want Brian to win though. Now let me think, what can I say about Player Support this week, I know! When you mail in and ask us to help you get your pass back or maybe remind you when you were born! When we send you a list of questions to answer, you must try to do your best to answer as many as you can, because we need to be sure all the information goes to the right person.

So imagine what it is like for us, when you reply with; Don’t know
Can’t remember
Email was made up
No idea
Haven’t a clue

If you answer like that to every question it is very unlikely in fact almost certain we wont be able to help. So always do your best and we will (as always) do our best to get everything sorted for you.

That’s it for this week. Next week I should be able to announce the “cation” competition winners, so watch this space. As always have fun and stay safe!

As always have fun and stay safe!

Disarno - star of the small screen!
Disarno

Laughing is good for the Heart!
Disarno has a Home in Habbo

Hello Readers!

It's been a busy week with lots of things going on! I've barely had a minute to sit down and relax! Oh wait yes I have, writing my blog for this week! I bet you would like to hear all about it so I shall have to crack on and keep it short to make sure I don't bore you all!

Last Friday I drove up to Center Parcs Holiday village to meet a friend who works there. It was very nice and the first ever time I've been there before! We had lunch at a nice restaurant then went to play golf in the driving range, I wasn't any good at it but it was still fun, I was sad to leave as I had the most wonderful day! Then to our surprise I and another friend were selected to receive tickets to see a famous Friday Night Channel 4 show whilst it's being filmed this Thursday!!

I was also took my Friend, and brother out to get the Harry Potter book from the local Asda store at 12am and the queues were not as bad as I thought. I was expecting a lot worse as the news had mentioned people were queuing from early Thursday morning. It was also my Grandma's birthday on Saturday night so we had a big family gathering to celebrate her 70th which was really nice!

Then on Sunday we took my Friends sister to see the Harry Potter film and had a spot of lunch, unfortunately we got stuck in traffic and missed the showing we aimed for but it was not a problem as we saw a later one! Then after that I had friends ringing me to go out with them on Sunday night! Although I did go out I had to turn half of them down as I can't be in two places at once ;)!

This weekend is going to be busy too as I am off to Newcastle for a trip with Anthony from Centre Parcs and two of his best friends. We're driving up late Saturday afternoon and stopping in a Hotel and will be going out Saturday Night. We will be returning back late Sunday evening so if you have a late reply to your e-mail I do apologise, but don't worry it will be answered very soon!

I will also be going to see the new Hairspray movie that I have seen on the Habbo homepage as it looks very Funny! Me and Anthony will be going to see it on Friday before we go to Newcastle, if you haven't already seen it then tune in next week for a verdict on this very funny film! Speaking of which I have been out and brought the new Now 67 album as I am very addicted to that song by Rihanna, called "Umbrella"! I can't get it out of my head, I keep singing it all day long and not to mention the new song by Girls Aloud called "Sexy, No, No, No!"

COMPETITION CORNER: THE GROUP BADGE DESIGN

**Extra Week added to competition**

Early this week I created a new group called, Habbo Homes Rock! which I am going to base on the ever-so-good Habbo Homes! For this week's blog competition I would like YOU to design the Group Badge.

How can I do this Disarno do I hear you ask? Well it's simple, on a group of your own open the badge editor and create the badge using the available images and then once you are happy with it, take a screenshot of the badge editor and submit it!

I'm looking for something with a great design, great use of colours and something that could link it to the Habbo Homes! Wait are you waiting for? Get entering now!

How to enter:

Send your entries to: [email protected]
Subject: Disarno's Group Badge Design
Please include your Habbo Name and competition entry in your e-mail.
Winning Prize includes: A personally signed trophy

That's it from me this week folks, remember never fear the Habbo Help Tool is near!

RICHe
27-07-2007, 05:36 PM
haha at disarno adding an extra week to his comp.

i bet no one entered.

Nuct
27-07-2007, 05:38 PM

i bet no one entered.

I did :8

Titch
27-07-2007, 05:57 PM
I did :8

me 2..........

CrazyColaist
27-07-2007, 06:04 PM

i bet no one entered.

i did too

Premiums
27-07-2007, 06:59 PM

i bet no one entered.

I entered aswell lol

Fez
27-07-2007, 07:35 PM
I entered aswell lol
Everybody entered cos it was easy

Shawnstra
28-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Lol@them getting flooded :P Nice find :)

Sly
28-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Omg like who is gonna read that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!