PDA

View Full Version : guildwars

Scotesh
30-07-2007, 08:15 AM
i just got it off a friend because his computrer doesnt work

i was wondering if anyone else played it?

Crimson
30-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Urgh, that game sucks...

Decapitated!
30-07-2007, 11:51 AM
The graphics look good..

Crimson
30-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Would you prefer a game with O.K graphics and good gameplay or amazing graphics but crap gameplay?

The gameplay is boring and extremely basic.

Decapitated!
30-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Would you prefer a game with O.K graphics and good gameplay or amazing graphics but crap gameplay?

The gameplay is boring and extremely basic.

obv the gameplay

WoW's graphics are good enough anyway.

Crimson
30-07-2007, 01:59 PM
WoW ftw <3

Mr.Sam
30-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Guild wars graphics are superior over World of warcrafts.
Guild wars' Story lines are extremely detailed and has a fair amount of lore with it.

Also the pvp aspect is quite good
How is this for ingame graphics...

http://www.guildwars.com/images/screenshots/eyeofthenorth/gwen-scr002-lrg.jpg

obv the gameplay

WoW's graphics are good enough anyway.

Crimson
30-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Well imo, i think it sucks compared to WoW :P

Neil
30-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Guild wars has amazing graphics, the story is very good, the only things that put me off it was that the max level was 20 but that's not so bad as it's mostly for the PvP and I didn't like that half the time you needed to have a friend to do quests with because it was too hard to solo them

Mr.Sam
30-07-2007, 03:47 PM
there are henchmen it outposts who are npc's who you can fight with - also if you own nightfall you can customize heros with skills, weapons and armour to fight with you.

Guild wars has amazing graphics, the story is very good, the only things that put me off it was that the max level was 20 but that's not so bad as it's mostly for the PvP and I didn't like that half the time you needed to have a friend to do quests with because it was too hard to solo them

Neil
30-07-2007, 03:58 PM
there are henchmen it outposts who are npc's who you can fight with - also if you own nightfall you can customize heros with skills, weapons and armour to fight with you.

Yea but they are pretty rubbish, I prefer to play with actual people lol

Dragondj0
31-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Yeh but if you haven't noticed but you have to pay for world of warcraft but you don't have to for guild wars and i personally think guild wars is a good game. Plus if you so bothered about playing with over people then why don't you just invite them into your party and anouther thing is how many games where you can make guild you can have you own guild hall and your own traders in it and your own guild cape and the answer is non so far which i have played.

Jinc
31-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Well imo, i think it sucks compared to WoW :P

Urgh, that game sucks...

WoW ftw <3

You're taking an extremely ignorant point of view here. There are some big differences in certain aspects of the both games.
It's very shallow to just claim WoW is better and GW 'sucks' just because it's the game you prefer to play.

Besides, why does someone always have to bring WoW into a discussion about what is good or bad about Guild Wars?

Bugsey6
31-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I've played both games and in my opinion I think that, World of Warcraft is better for pve and Guild wars is better for pvp.

Scotesh
01-08-2007, 12:28 PM
For some reason it wont let me work it.

When you have the game, are you supposed to install it off 2 discs?

Mine doesnt seem to work with the second disc in.

Bugsey6
01-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Hey there, you can download the client from here http://www.guildwars.com/support/downloadclient/

(click the play the game icon on the page).

Crimson
01-08-2007, 01:06 PM
You're taking an extremely ignorant point of view here. There are some big differences in certain aspects of the both games.
It's very shallow to just claim WoW is better and GW 'sucks' just because it's the game you prefer to play.

Besides, why does someone always have to bring WoW into a discussion about what is good or bad about Guild Wars?

I'm expressing my opinion. In my opinion Guild Wars does suck! I don't like playing it so in my opinion, it does suck. I don't think any aspects of the game make it better.

I'm not going to rate a game by someone elses opinion, am I? Especially if I've played it before. :rolleyes:

Scotesh
01-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Everyone is entitles to their own opinion.

Please dont argue on my thread.

Jinc
01-08-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm expressing my opinion. In my opinion Guild Wars does suck! I don't like playing it so in my opinion, it does suck. I don't think any aspects of the game make it better.

I'm not going to rate a game by someone elses opinion, am I? Especially if I've played it before. :rolleyes:

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but when you give no explanation as to why you have a negative view of the game, or any evidence to suggest what you're saying isn't just ********, I think I can rightfully say that your posts are a complete waste of time.

Also, the OP asked if anyone else played the game, not if anyone has an opinion about whether or not Guild Wars is a bad game compared to WoW.

Given the circumstances, your comments in this thread were trash, regardless of the fact that they were merely your 'opinion'.

@Scotesh
If you bought the Guild Wars game boxed, from a shop then you should have recieved 2 disks. Use Disk 1 first and then the prompt should instruct you on installing the game. If I remember correctly, you do need to use both.
If you're having any problems, just re-install.
Also, can you give details of your problem? It may help us to understand why your game isn't working correctly. :)

Nemo
01-08-2007, 11:13 PM
i havent played guild wars, but by the max lvl being 20, im guessing its for pvp really, whilst wow is about the questing and pve and just getting gear, they havent focused ALOT on pvp

Scotesh
02-08-2007, 11:18 AM
PvP is always a good thing.
It attracts alot of people to a game, and seeing as guildwars has no monthly fees, it also makes it a more appealing game to play.

Personally, Ive always hated WOW and likes GuildWars, eventhough my doesnt work right now, but some of my friends play WOW and guilwars etcetc.

Barmi
06-08-2007, 06:04 PM
As far as I'm concerned, World of Warcraft has never had a PvP system. Nor has it got a decent PvE; does it feel good to grind to the highest level you can (coz i pwnz0r u) and get the uber dragonbreath sword of azaroth?

Guild Wars requires skill investment over time investment. World of Warcraft requires the skill-less with plenty of time to grind away.

Those who complain about Guild Wars are usually the ones who haven't played past the initial areas (River Skale killed meeeeeez!!!) or who simply have no skill at the game. OR they are the ones who don't have a life and when they completed the Domain of Anguish 500 times, they ask what to do next (aside from actually stepping outside). Some of us do have lives and like the fact that you don't need to play Guild Wars 24/7; level is capped at 20 and you focus on your individual skill. Oh yeah, and you're not paying for time you're not playing.

I'm sick to the back teeth of people hijacking a thread of the merits and criticisms of Guild Wars to talk about "how WoW is so much better". Every thread about Guild Wars isn't "GW vs WoW", so unless there is something constructive you wish to add about why you do/don't like it, then go back to your World of Warcraft and ride your elf or whatever it is you do nowadays. Leave the rest of us here in peace.

azulleyfire
06-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Nor has GW.
I find GW Pvp very boring to an extent. If I wanted PVP, I'd go with a CC Pc game, not an RPG.

Firstly, the attraction TO Guild wars is the level cap.
Even at a higher level, you can still die while in a low level environment, and its an extending battle that will reach on until the end - It isn't an easy game. And the missions and quests are detailed, put together, in depth and have logic and myth intwined, there are many things to explore and find out in GW, and even the smartest and most talented of gamers can get confused without WIKI; So if its a game that requires Wiki half the time, it takes skill.

alotest
08-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Urgh, that game sucks...

I like the game and so do many of my friends and also most people who are saying wow is better have probally started the game glanced at it and stopped playing or they havn't even played the game.

It shows in nightfall whilst doing the story that it intends you to work with other players or to work with heros and henchmen (npcs)

Jinc
08-08-2007, 10:07 PM
As far as I'm concerned, World of Warcraft has never had a PvP system. Nor has it got a decent PvE; does it feel good to grind to the highest level you can (coz i pwnz0r u) and get the uber dragonbreath sword of azaroth?

Guild Wars requires skill investment over time investment. World of Warcraft requires the skill-less with plenty of time to grind away.

Those who complain about Guild Wars are usually the ones who haven't played past the initial areas (River Skale killed meeeeeez!!!) or who simply have no skill at the game. OR they are the ones who don't have a life and when they completed the Domain of Anguish 500 times, they ask what to do next (aside from actually stepping outside). Some of us do have lives and like the fact that you don't need to play Guild Wars 24/7; level is capped at 20 and you focus on your individual skill. Oh yeah, and you're not paying for time you're not playing.

I'm sick to the back teeth of people hijacking a thread of the merits and criticisms of Guild Wars to talk about "how WoW is so much better". Every thread about Guild Wars isn't "GW vs WoW", so unless there is something constructive you wish to add about why you do/don't like it, then go back to your World of Warcraft and ride your elf or whatever it is you do nowadays. Leave the rest of us here in peace.

Brilliant post. I can't say that I know WoW PvE is bad, because I've never actually properly played the game. But I basically can agree with everything you've said here.

Enough of the WoW discussion. Thanks :)

MangoJ
09-08-2007, 03:11 PM
I picked GW initially because of the no monthly fees that most online games have. I personally find it an awesome game. It can be extremely challenging, yet it won't take up your whole life in order to master skills. The graphics are beautiful (I have actually just stared at some of the scenery just because of how amazing it looks), and the plot is huge. I also love the professions and skills in the game. It's great.

mr.parasols
09-08-2007, 07:56 PM
I play Guildwars, I have some pretty sweet gear too, haven't been on in a while though. Will be starting again when the expansion comes out. Im about 100k-200k off full FoW Armour at the moment. But I think i'll save my money for GWEN.

Name : Tring It

@ my oppinion

I believe that Guildwars is more for the people rather than money ( The graphics, gameplay, support, STORYLINE ) and its only £20 - £30 for life, whereas it takes 1-2+ years to get anywhere in WoW, which is lets say £10 a month? Thats £240 for the pride that you've wasted your life away on a game where everybody else wants to be better than you on? The truth is, what you put in, generally you dont get back (on wow).

BUT, in guildwars you can actually win £10,000+ cash if you win tournaments, and you don't even have to spend a year on the game to get the highest level as you can make a PVP based character with everything you need (more or less) to make that money. All it requires is skill, determination and effort oh and about £30 to buy the game.

I have played both games and thats my opinion, please don't flame me (Y)

viperkyle1
12-08-2007, 12:54 PM
i love gw, i think its abrilliant game.

atm my pc is busted but when its fixed i gotta get my minipet :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!