PDA

View Full Version : question about the wii +REP

dirrty
30-07-2007, 10:21 AM
will a jap wii work in the uk?

like if your 100% then answer pls. and i have tried google before anyone mentions.

searching around ive read that it plays uk games, doesnt have a language option so its only in japanese and obviously need a uk mains converter. but thats about it really.

thanks

Rs Rob
30-07-2007, 10:32 AM
will a jap wii work in the uk?

like if your 100% then answer pls. and i have tried google before anyone mentions.

searching around ive read that it plays uk games, doesnt have a language option so its only in japanese and obviously need a uk mains converter. but thats about it really.

thanks

I am pretty sure aslong as you have the 'uk mains converter' it should work..

dirrty
30-07-2007, 10:35 AM
ok, i wasnt sure if it was region locked or w.e so just wanted to make sure. going to bid for it on an auction site. its currently £62 atm lol and ends in 30 minutes.

Racoon
30-07-2007, 10:35 AM
I got this from some-where. DOnt know wether it helps ;]

I have just checked with Nintendo’s customer support whether the Wii is, in fact, region locked or not. The Nintendo support team sent the following reply:

The Wii will not play games from Japan or America as their TV system, NTSC, is not compatible with ours. This has always been the case with Nintendo consoles and has nothing to do the accepted term of ‘Region Locking’.

This sounded promising, but I decided to ask them to clarify:

So besides the TV standard, the consoles are compatible?

What if I do not hook the Wii console up to a non-TV screen, for example to a computer’s LCD screen? Mine has composite and svideo-in. Or does this actually depend on differences in the hardware and/or software? I surely would hope this is not the case.

The Nintendo Wii Support team promptly replied to this:

The Wii will be built to play the games from the area which it will be used in. So a UK Wii will only play European games oh and Australian games as they are on PAL as well. The USA Wii will play their games and Japanese games as they are NTSC.

So it’s the official answer: Wii is not region locked, but the hardware will not support a different TV format. They did evade my question whether or not output to a non-tv would make any difference, but I seriously doubt this is the case.

dirrty
30-07-2007, 10:37 AM
yh i read that yesterday. ill just bid for it anyway, when i get it and it doesnt work or w.e, ill just put it on ebay lol

thanks

Rs Rob
30-07-2007, 10:40 AM
yh i read that yesterday. ill just bid for it anyway, when i get it and it doesnt work or w.e, ill just put it on ebay lol

thanks

Cant go wrong for 60quid lol

CrazyColaist
30-07-2007, 11:19 PM
yeah its stupid that its reginol locked.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!