PDA

View Full Version : New expansion ?

Anarchy
01-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Tons of informations were released on an internal source during the night. Probably to let most of the GM know what's going on.

WoWszene.de (http://www.wowszene.de/news.php?extend.1182) got the full text available.

The expansion is Northrend, etc, etc.
We will fight Arthas himself.
Level cap is 80 (New skills, new talents, etc)
The expansion is designed for lvl 68 and higher players.
The Death Knight class will be available for both alliance and horde players and it seems to work on the same mechanics as Jedi in SWG, you can create them once certain criteria are met. (First hero class of the game)
The Death Knight will combine damage dealing and tanking.
Siege weapons and destructible buildings will be added to PvP
A new battleground will be available
New profession : Inscription. (allows the player to permanently enhance their spells and abilities and to create mysterious items of power to use, trade, and sell.)
More hero classes will be added in the future
Leveling from 70 to 80 should took nearly the same time as 60 to 70 (probably a bit more)
First zone will be Howling Fjord
We should have roughly the same amount of dungeons as BC

I havent been on in a while, so is this official ?

Infrontation
01-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Blizzard are too smart to release a new expansion for a long time now. They can keep there millions of paying customers for at least another year if not more by simply adding another raid instance, another tier of armor or something fun on the side of PvP (a twist on the arena or something). Maybe then they'd consider bringing the level cap to 80. However if you think about it logically it would be nice if people had a sense of reaching the end level. Not reaching 70, working for 6months getting tier 6 and then they bring a new expansion, level 80 cap and level 71 greenies that almost own your tier6.

Decapitated!
01-08-2007, 09:09 PM
id love a new expansion.

id only want new races and classes though :(

jam666
01-08-2007, 09:13 PM
im all for a new expansion however i hope they dont raise the level cap to 80, how on earth would a lowbie ever reach the level cap before another expansion is realeased where you can get to level 90? if it came to that id probably quit as wow would become too much like runescape, another reason for the level cap not to be raised is for casual players like me and i think many others who have not and probably will not experience level 60 raid instances, only one ive done is zg.

im just about level 69 on my warlock and have hopes of getting my blood elf paladin to 70 however if i do, i wont be able to raid kara and probs never will if that level cap goes up.

Anarchy
01-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Im sure it was a spoof, the picture of a death knight - a dwarf warrior holidng a lightsaber.

shokz
01-08-2007, 11:57 PM
wonder what new BG

maybe Azshara crater

Tomm
02-08-2007, 08:26 AM
There are models/textures for Northrend in the current mpqs.

Anarchy
02-08-2007, 09:50 AM
http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2007/july/deathknight.jpg

Theres mr death knight :rolleyes:

Infrontation
02-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Haha :p It looks like they've just used a previous TBC faq and modified it.

Nemo
02-08-2007, 12:00 PM
haha its turning sci-fi with the lightsaber

TehJoshy
02-08-2007, 09:45 PM
yeah, im guessing that Humans & Undeads would be able to be Deathknights, as it would fit in with WCIII, Arthas a human and the scourge genereally being Undead.
Should be a good expansion pack when its realeased!

Ezzie.
03-08-2007, 11:57 PM
it's confirmed ,

worldofwarcraft.com

Nemo
04-08-2007, 12:45 AM
it's confirmed ,

worldofwarcraft.comtheres a thread on it:rolleyes:

Tristan
04-08-2007, 11:05 AM
theres a thread on it:rolleyes:

So? The rumour was right and he was confirming it in this thread.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!