PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV Delayed Till 2008

Fez
02-08-2007, 09:24 PM
http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=258238

Take-Two is reducing its fiscal 2007 guidance primarily to reflect the movement of the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007 to fiscal 2008, due to additional development time required to complete the title. The title is now planned for release in the Company's second quarter of fiscal 2008.

:'(

Agent 47
02-08-2007, 09:45 PM
Good, can't afford to buy it this year anyway.

Fez
02-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Good point.

At least we'll have a few extra quid this year

Johno
02-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Hey,

I know they have said it is to "allow extra time for development" but to be honest, I think its so their books look good for next year as they will make alot of cash from the GTA IV release.

Its been speculated for a while that this would happen, Its more than likely that Take-Two are worried about their books for next year, so if they push back the release they can ensure that they look good for 2008.

.:; Johno

Fez
02-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Hey,

I know they have said it is to "allow extra time for development" but to be honest, I think its so their books look good for next year as they will make alot of cash from the GTA IV release.

Its been speculated for a while that this would happen, Its more than likely that Take-Two are worried about their books for next year, so if they push back the release they can ensure that they look good for 2008.

Very good reason, I was kinda thinkin the same thing.

Neil won't be happy to hear this news though...

Technologic
02-08-2007, 10:13 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO D:

I hate take-two -.-

Neil
02-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Very good reason, I was kinda thinkin the same thing.

Neil won't be happy to hear this news though...

Not that bad, just means I can deffinatly get the special edition version :P plus if they need to do more to the game then it'll be better when relested so not so bad

Bear-Max
02-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Hey,

I'm not sure. Whilst you're very right, they could have moved it by two weeks and had the same effect. I think it must be a problem if they're willing to miss out on the Christmas shoppers.

Oh well, looks like I get more time with Bioshock, Halo 3, Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect, and GTA and Splinter Cell next year :)

Sunny.
02-08-2007, 11:44 PM
As bad As i wanted the game its kinda good. Il just be Getting NFS Pro Street :) Looks quite gd

---MAD---
03-08-2007, 12:02 AM
I am so annoyed about this. I just read it on bbcnews:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6928872.stm

Look on the bright side: Less bugs and more improvements will be made now - its never good to rush a product :).

TFOT
03-08-2007, 01:24 AM
I hope it'll be worth it. If there's a minimal amount of glitches and the such, the game should go smoothly.

RadioShack
03-08-2007, 02:15 AM
Its a shame they delayed it. I only pre-ordered it just 3 days ago lol. At least it will hopefully be bug free

mangle
03-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Well at least i'll be able to afford Assassins creed and a new mp3 :]

Spose it'll be better out next year , probably distract me in GCSE revision but ah well

Technologic
03-08-2007, 10:29 AM
I've just thought.. Saints row 2 on PS3 and 360 is coming out second quarter in '08 and now GTA IV is... Coincidence?

Jack.
03-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Good and bad news really. Good as they have more time to develop and improve it and bad because, well, it's been delayed for a few months. But wouldn't you rather have a top-notch game than a shabby game rushed so it can be released in October?

Nixt
03-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Better for me tbh. I was going to buy a PS3 / XBOX 360 solely so I could play GTA IV, they'll probably be cheaper then :p.

:Hazel
03-08-2007, 11:37 AM
oh pants, i was looking forward to it coming out. :(

CJW93
03-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Dam! I had mine pre orderd!

Fez
03-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Good News everyone.

Rockstar hinted in a conference at a April 30th release, also maybe a price drop of the special edition.

Tbh I think they'll make a 'Sorry It's Delayed Demo' on XBL and PSN very soon.

Oh well, we got BioShock coming this month...

MEGA EDIT : http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/810/810239p1.html

Rockstar has moved its release from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007 to the second quarter of its fiscal 2008. In real-world terms, this means the title will ship sometime between February 1st and April 30th, 2008.

---MAD---
03-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Better for me tbh. I was going to buy a PS3 / XBOX 360 solely so I could play GTA IV, they'll probably be cheaper then :p.
Yeah definitely, thats a plus for those that don't own a next-gen console I guess.

At least it will hopefully be bug free
Nothing is ever bug free, no matter how long you spend, there will always be something ;).

Nixt
03-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Yeah definitely, thats a plus for those that don't own a next-gen console I guess.

A bit more annoying for those who do though :p. The thing is I never really play on consoles and the games I do buy are almost always for PC, which is why I haven't bought the X360 / PS3 yet. But GTA IV is irresistible tbh! I wouldn't mind buying a console at a more expensive price but it's great for me :).

Dan2nd
03-08-2007, 02:19 PM
awww man was really looking forward to this .. =[

Neil
03-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Oh well, we got BioShock coming this month...

Exactly, there are ALOT of good games coming out this year, I'm glad Rockstar sent it back a few months, now I can deffinatly get Assassins Creed and Halo 3 and I will have Two Worlds to play until I get them

Fez
03-08-2007, 03:27 PM
The Week after next week ma Big Weekly Question will have this topic...

I'll be on Holiday though lol

Bear-Max
03-08-2007, 08:13 PM
I've just thought.. Saints row 2 on PS3 and 360 is coming out second quarter in '08 and now GTA IV is... Coincidence?
Err... Yes.

:P

mangle
03-08-2007, 08:18 PM
I'd get bioshock but something about its just not right!
Looks amazing and the gameplay looks fun , just it looks asif its missing something.

Neil
03-08-2007, 08:23 PM
I'd get bioshock but something about its just not right!
Looks amazing and the gameplay looks fun , just it looks asif its missing something.

No multiplayer perhaps? I hate having no multiplayer, makes it dull to fast

mangle
03-08-2007, 09:04 PM
No multiplayer perhaps? I hate having no multiplayer, makes it dull to fast
That could be it tbh , what i've found with all games nowadays is that the offline multiplayer isn't as good.
On PS2 I played alot of offline multiplayer against bots , you cant do that anymore and it annoys me as it was sometimes good practice!
But if they put multiplayer modes on bioshock that'd be good!
You could have like , hunt the big daddy mode

Neil
03-08-2007, 09:14 PM
That could be it tbh , what i've found with all games nowadays is that the offline multiplayer isn't as good.
On PS2 I played alot of offline multiplayer against bots , you cant do that anymore and it annoys me as it was sometimes good practice!
But if they put multiplayer modes on bioshock that'd be good!
You could have like , hunt the big daddy mode

Assassins creed is only single player but that look amazing so who cares :P

Bear-Max
03-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Metroid Prime 3 is also single-player only and looks fantastic. It's nice to have MP but it's not the be-all and end-all. I'd much rather a solid campaign than sketchy SP and MP modes.

Neil
04-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Metroid Prime 3 is also single-player only and looks fantastic. It's nice to have MP but it's not the be-all and end-all. I'd much rather a solid campaign than sketchy SP and MP modes.

I think the MP in games is very important, it keeps people playing them, GTA4 even has MP which will make it all that better, games like Halo and Call of Duty only really appeal to me because of MP, MOH was good but only for one play through because it lacked MP xD

mangle
04-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Assassins creed is only single player but that look amazing so who cares :P
Yeah!
There is only so much you can do with an Assassination game , with bioshock they could've opened up a whole new world with multiplayer!

Ashley 12344
04-08-2007, 06:47 PM
I doubt its about finance if their missing Christmas sale. At least this means I don't need to buy a 360 yet.

Frodo13.
05-08-2007, 05:50 PM
:( That was probably going to be my next game aswell. This is nearer to my birthday so will probably get it for that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!