PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool or Everton?

Michael.
12-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Everton have won 4th place and will be in the Champions league next season. But if Liverpool win the Champions League, The FA will have to rule which one gets entered.

Which one do you think should get in? Here's my opinion:

Liverpool
Advantage
Won Champions League, why shouldn't they?

Disadvantage
Everton battled hard this season for 4th place. They would rob them of Champions League football.

Everton
Advantage
Everton battled hard this season for 4th place.

Disadvantage
Deserve it after their 7-0 hammering last night? Me thinks not.

DarkCatalyst
12-05-2005, 04:17 PM
LIVERPOOL VIVA LA REDS

the wombats
12-05-2005, 04:21 PM
erm i dont know as i am a middlesbrough fan

boardslide
12-05-2005, 04:38 PM
LIVERPOOL FOR SURE. But one thing, Liverpoo has not won the Champion's League yet, be careful of what you're saying. But all liverpool fans are confident and 100% that we can kill off AC Milan and be the newly crowned champions.

And I believe we should be the team to be in the Champion's League next season for Everton's poor playing performance is shown last night, when they got beaten 7-0 By Arsénal. I believe, if they were to be allowed to go into Europe to play against top clubs, they will be kicked out of the Champion's league in the qualifying stages.

Plus, if Liverpool wins the Champion's League this year, we should definately be allowed to play next season due to the fact that the UEFA president said, "I believe the Champions should be allowed to defend their title in any competition" and I think that this is totally right.

SO LET'S GO YOU REDS, SHOW AC MILAN WHAT YOU GOT! ;)

cropper05
12-05-2005, 04:51 PM
everton have done amazing this year, although i do want liverpool to win champs league and get into it nxt year i think if onyl 1 team can it has to be everton

boardslide
12-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Everton might have done well this season all credit to them, but like the president of UEFA said, which I agree totally with, that the Champions should be allowed to defend their title in the next years tournament.
So it's all up to Liverpool now.

Michael.
13-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Everton shouldn't really deny Liverpool a place in the Champions League and condem them to a "sub-standard" European competition. From what I can see, in the CL, they're teams much better than Arsenal, and if they are beaten 7-0 at midweek by Arsenal, what the hell will happen to them in Europe?!

boardslide
13-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Good point of view, Michael. I think you're absolutely right. I believe if they are to be allowed to go into CL next season, they will be kicked out in the qualifying stages, and why wouldn't England want a better side to represent their country?

paradox
13-05-2005, 06:16 PM
I think there should be 5 Teams from England In Europe..
But Everton wouldnt pass the qualification stages anyway, so although Everton deserve CL football, I dont think they'll get far, where as I believe Liverpool could at least make the Quarter Finals

boardslide
13-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Or there could be a single play-offs match, deciding who gets into next season's CL.

I am so very confident that we can beat Everton.

JamesRoe
13-05-2005, 06:51 PM
If personally think the system is appalling and that should Liverpool win the final ( which i very much doubt because of the sheer class of AC Milan ) then i think they should get in aswell as Everton, i would make this extra space viable by removing 1 of the 2 allocated scottish spaces this would also make the Scottish title worth a lot more, but i think it would be appaling for Everton to battle so hard all season and deservedly get the 4th spot worth £20 million and then to lose it because of this situation - Liverpool will get into it next year i cant see Everton doing that. Boardslide your all very for the Champions to get in again next year im sure if the rolls were switched your view would be slightly different and TheLostDino you say Everton wouldnt get past the qualifying stages yet it seems strange that they are 4th in the best league in the world beat Liverpool , Newcastle and Man United yet you belive you would they struggle against some Finnish unknown side v.intresting view would you explain why you believe that ?

Mr.Kylee
13-05-2005, 08:01 PM
I love Liverpool ;D FOREVER!

Davisman
13-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Liverpool put im SOOO ANNOYED THAT THEY HAVE 2 FIGHT WITH EVERTON!!!!! :D

the wombats
13-05-2005, 08:04 PM
its hard for me i support middlesbrough

-2K-
13-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Liverpool and Everton should have a match, the winner goes through to play in the Champions League Qualifiers :D.

boardslide
13-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Liverpool for life. If there has to be a choice, there will be only one answer, one outcome.
The Reds, Liverpool.

JamesRoe
14-05-2005, 07:49 AM
It CAN ONLY BE EVERTON, you are bias Liverpool supporters who lif in the other situation would be screaming with rage if you didnt get it - admit it they beat you they came 4th they should be in the Champions League next year!

Michael.
14-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Handbags at dawn ladies!

JamesRoe
14-05-2005, 09:55 AM
LOL anytime :p

boardslide
14-05-2005, 10:03 AM
JamesRoe, as you said, Biased liverpool supporters.
I bet you're biased towards Everton as well.
Probably an Everton supporter or just a supporter of another team which we beat, therefore being Jealous you can't even participate in the CL.
;) Dream on mate, you know Liverpool is better than Everton.

SkaKid77
14-05-2005, 10:55 AM
It should be Everton, they have played well in the league to get to 4th place.

Also to all who say that the champions should have the right to defend, what if Liverpool won the UEFA cup next season but qualified for the Champions League, should they be taken out of the CL to defend the UEFA cup?

-2K-
14-05-2005, 06:22 PM
It CAN ONLY BE EVERTON, you are bias Liverpool supporters who lif in the other situation would be screaming with rage if you didnt get it - admit it they beat you they came 4th they should be in the Champions League next year!
I'm a Liverpool Fan, and I wasn't biased.

JamesRoe
14-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Yes you are - if you support liverpool you are coming from a biased side

boardslide
14-05-2005, 07:32 PM
That's not true.
Opinions can come from a Liverpool fan and it might be an overall general view.
Don't be a stereotypist.

JamesRoe
14-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Thats not stereotypist :o - as a Liverpool fan you are either going to give a view which is very infavour of Liverpool or one which supports Everton slighlty that is it!

-2K-
14-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Yes you are - if you support liverpool you are coming from a biased side
Erm, I don't think I am biased, I said Liverpool and Everton should have a match, to me that's not being biased. Liverpool - if they do win the Champions League, should have a chance to defend it, and Everton on the other hand have been great all season - so they deserve to be in the Champions League, and I think the only way to solve this, is to have a match between the two.

JamesRoe
14-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Yeh they cant just have an extra match only way to decide is by following rules.

-2K-
14-05-2005, 09:28 PM
True...(had to put this 'cos my message was too short)

Davisman
17-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Shame about Liverpool :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!