PDA

View Full Version : i hate this new forum thing

CrazyColaist
04-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Its anoying that nintendo microsoft and sony are like ''appart'' so you cant see new things very well without having to waste your time clicking on 3 links :\

the wombats
04-08-2007, 08:24 PM
it makes it alot easier when your looking for certain threads. let's say your looking for a 360 thread, you just go to the microsoft bit. alot easier and you know it.

Aflux
04-08-2007, 08:28 PM
I am against this also - I won't make threads in the sub-forums though because it's getting too specific.

CrazyColaist
04-08-2007, 08:28 PM
but you have the search button

sorry but im not trying to make a arugement *sigh*

mangle
04-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Im for it but what if we want to discuss a game on 3 platforms?

CrazyColaist
04-08-2007, 08:36 PM
agreed.

Ashley 12344
04-08-2007, 08:39 PM

Precisely.
I think it was ok before..

Neil
04-08-2007, 08:43 PM
It's changed because it's easier now, if you want Microsoft related stuff go to the Microsoft forum, same for Nintendo or Sony, if you want to discuss multi-platform you can use the main forum instead of the sub-forums
It's just to make it easier really

Simmzay
04-08-2007, 09:54 PM
I don't think this section really gets enough posts to warrant sub-sections being created. But it is a nice idea, I just don't see why it's necessary for a section that isn't as popular as some others.

Yoshimitsui
04-08-2007, 09:56 PM
So your saying it's anoying becuase you don't know which category yo post in exactly? And that it's hard to go through 3 links so you can post?

I don't fully understand you.

GommeInc
04-08-2007, 09:57 PM
I find it easier in just one big forum. Go to search and you're done "/ While with this new layout, you have to search each individual forum. Also, this forum isn't extremely popular, so I don't see why they have done it in the first place.

Other than that, I am not that fussed.

Aflux
04-08-2007, 10:00 PM
So your saying it's anoying becuase you don't know which category yo post in exactly? And that it's hard to go through 3 links so you can post?

I don't fully understand you.
It creates confusion.

Yoshimitsui
04-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Ok. So can't you just put it in the best fitting forum. Or does that affect it or something. Like people don't answer the threads more? Is that what you mean?

Yoshi

GommeInc
04-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Ah that is a point. What happens when you post a thread about a game which can be on multiple consoles? Do you put it in all the threads, the main forum or just post one in one thread?

- Posting it in the main forum means it won't be seen by members.
- Posting a thread in each forum causes spam.
- Posting a thread in just one forum means multiple discussions over multiple threads by more than one person.

Aflux
04-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Ah that is a point. What happens when you post a thread about a game which can be on multiple consoles? Do you put it in all the threads, the main forum or just post one in one thread?

- Posting it in the main forum means it won't be seen by members.
- Posting a thread in each forum causes spam.
- Posting a thread in just one forum means multiple discussions over multiple threads by more than one person.
What about retro console like the SEGA and such - why doesn't that have a home?

It was fine the way it was tbh.

CrazyColaist
04-08-2007, 10:35 PM
agreed /\ +rep to much in 24 hours :@

Neil
04-08-2007, 11:01 PM
I don't see why you are all complaining about, 3 sub-forums which means if you want Nintendo you have a whole section for it, if you want to discuss games generally then use the main forum, you all seem to just go looking into the negative and pretty pointless things that don't matter, one big forum meant that it was all just clumped together, you didn't know if they were talking about the Wii, PS3, 360 or just another console/handheld in general, now it's easier, and if you want multi-console discussion you can have it, can't see why you lot never look into the good points, it's always bad, and this has no bad points :rolleyes:

Technologic
04-08-2007, 11:34 PM
I think it's a good idea....

I don't see how it can create a confusion ??

Azul
04-08-2007, 11:37 PM
I've always thought on forums consoles should all have their own seperate forum, gets rid of the biased fan boy type threads/posts in a section which is for all consoles.

liquid
04-08-2007, 11:59 PM
in my opinion they should of left it, it's not like it's hard to search for the brand you want as there's only a few threads made in this section each day.

GommeInc
05-08-2007, 12:14 AM
I don't see why you are all complaining about, 3 sub-forums which means if you want Nintendo you have a whole section for it, if you want to discuss games generally then use the main forum, you all seem to just go looking into the negative and pretty pointless things that don't matter.
I am looking at the more accessible route for this forum. It was perfectly fine the way it was. You could see all the threads related to all the consoles, even people without the consoles could see whatever information and discussions are available. This just divides the whole point of discussion between different consoles. As someone stated above, where do you put threads regarding old consoles? Like SEGA?

Putting them in the 'main forum' just means no one looking at them. The whole point of sub-forums is to look directly at the in most cases, because they are catagorised and shown as the main forums in this forum.

It doesn't stop fan boys posting in threads that they have no right to, they just simply go in the forum. I don't see what this is trying to solve "/

Also one big forum meant that it was all just clumped together, you didn't know if they were talking about the Wii, PS3, 360 or just another console/handheld in general, now it's easier.
There wasn't an issue to begin with "/ The only issue was with people talking about Nintendo Wi-Fi. What console were they talking about? The DS, or the Wii? That's the only problem I have come across, people normally mention what game they are talking about, even though threads made in the forum discuss a game as a whole, if there are special features for a console, they can be added. Simple. This just means loads of thread sabout one game and confusion when you see the thread on the catagory listings on the index page. You may not realise that the GTA IV you thought was about general chat, was actually about specific XBOX information and you accidently mention PS3 features (if any).

And if you want multi-console discussion you can have it, can't see why you lot never look into the good points, it's always bad, and this has no bad points :rolleyes:
But where do you put multi-console discussions? Will anyone actually do that? Most people post about a game for a specific console, rather than the game in general "/

These 3 forums cause more problems than they were apparently meant to solve. Was there even a problem? I didn't see a thread concerning this anywhere, they just appeared "/

Neil
05-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Well you can't really say it's going to cause problems, how can splitting up the three cause problems at all? It's sub-forums not installing a new untested piece of software, if people want general console discussion the main forum is there there, it's not like it's been removed all that's happened is sub-forums were created so people could either just sit on one and not have to worry about chat from the other console types, you all act as if rule within the console section have been completly dropped or something and try to make a big deal out of nothing

CrazyColaist
05-08-2007, 01:57 AM
ano but say if a new console from a new company comes out what do you expect us to do then?

PriceTags
05-08-2007, 02:01 AM
ano but say if a new console from a new company comes out what do you expect us to do then?

i'd post it in the main bit and scream and shout for a new sub-forum.

Neil
05-08-2007, 10:33 AM

i'd post it in the main bit and scream and shout for a new sub-forum.

Exactly, a new sub-forum will just be added, I doubt it'll happen though lol

Nemo
05-08-2007, 10:52 AM
u post it in the main 1... duh.

CrazyColaist
05-08-2007, 12:47 PM
but say if i wanted to find a certain game. and i couldnt find it on the nintendo forums (say like MP3) and there would be no results on search.

what do you exepct me to do?

Neil
05-08-2007, 12:54 PM
but say if i wanted to find a certain game. and i couldnt find it on the nintendo forums (say like MP3) and there would be no results on search.

what do you exepct me to do?

Make a thread about it...? :S It's going to be exactly the same as before? Hardly anything is changing apart from it being seperated

CrazyColaist
05-08-2007, 01:20 PM
then people will find that its spam.

Neil
05-08-2007, 01:25 PM
then people will find that its spam.

Why would people think it's spam :S

CrazyColaist
05-08-2007, 01:40 PM
because its already been posted. and some people find stuff easier than others.

GommeInc
05-08-2007, 01:46 PM
It still seems pretty unnecessary to split up the forum when it was fine the way it was. It's not even a major forum anyway, which make me question further why they did it in the first part. It isn't exactly a big deal, but it just means confusion when talking about a game and peoples threads being buried because people will now go to these new sub-forums as opposed to one major forum, where you can see everything.

Make a thread about it...? :S It's going to be exactly the same as before? Hardly anything is changing apart from it being seperated
People never did that before... People made just oen thread about a game, and discussions about that game and the platform it is on circles around that. It just means unneccessary threads and confusion, as I have stated before, when it magically appears on the main forum/index page.

EDIT: Who even suggested this anyway?

Neil
05-08-2007, 02:12 PM
I don't really understand why you can't be for it, it is easier, you all know it's easier, it's not even hard to understand, if what you're talking about is related to the xbox post it in the microsoft forum, if nintendo post it there, if you want to talk multi-console or general discussion use the main forum, it's not hard to understand, not to mention the stickied threads don't take up half of the page now, and most people only use this forum for one console specifically anyway so it makes it better for them aswell, it's very simple and much easier, and all this about not needing sub-forums here I don't really see the problem there, online games has sub-forums and only has a few hundred more threads, and less posts, same with computer games :rolleyes:

CrazyColaist
05-08-2007, 02:26 PM
its more difficult.

Neil
05-08-2007, 02:28 PM
its more difficult.

Because you have to put a tiny, tiny bit of work into clicking on the mouse button?

liquid
05-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Because you have to put a tiny, tiny bit of work into clicking on the mouse button?
yeah but a lot of uneccessary effort went into creating these sub forums.

i don't really have a problem with them that much, it's just the fact this is hardly a popular forum, so sub forums aren't really needed. just my opinion though.

GommeInc
05-08-2007, 02:52 PM
I don't really understand why you can't be for it, it is easier, you all know it's easier, it's not even hard to understand, if what you're talking about is related to the xbox post it in the microsoft forum, if nintendo post it there, if you want to talk multi-console or general discussion use the main forum, it's not hard to understand, not to mention the stickied threads don't take up half of the page now, and most people only use this forum for one console specifically anyway so it makes it better for them aswell, it's very simple and much easier, and all this about not needing sub-forums here I don't really see the problem there, online games has sub-forums and only has a few hundred more threads, and less posts, same with computer games :rolleyes:
What was the problem with before? There wasn't one, there never was. The sticked threads are not an excuse, because you have to put a next to know effort to scroll :rolleyes:

Neil
05-08-2007, 02:59 PM
What was the problem with before? There wasn't one, there never was. The sticked threads are not an excuse, because you have to put a next to know effort to scroll :rolleyes:

The problem was that everything was all in one place, you may not see a problem because you're not exactly active here anyway but me and other people were sick of everything being in one place, this forum deserves the console developers to be split up because that's how it should be, it makes sense and it's easier, and the fact that you have to scroll wasn't the annoying thing, the annoying thing was that you had alot of threads pushed back at the creation of new ones because almost half of the page was stickied threads

GommeInc
05-08-2007, 03:04 PM
The problem was that everything was all in one place, you may not see a problem because you're not exactly active here anyway but me and other people were sick of everything being in one place, this forum deserves the console developers to be split up because that's how it should be, it makes sense and it's easier, and the fact that you have to scroll wasn't the annoying thing, the annoying thing was that you had alot of threads pushed back at the creation of new ones because almost half of the page was stickied threads
I still don't see the problem. All in one place, ah that means everything is easy to find "/ Which means what you have been trying to say to me for the past few days is pretty contradictory to your claims that this set-up actually works...

It doesn't make sense and isn't easier, this forum isn't exactly used. A thread which was created a week ago would still be on page 1 of the main forum "/ And the annoying thing was you had to scroll, you pretty much reworded it. To see a thread below you, you scroll down, there is no other way about it.

Fez
05-08-2007, 05:11 PM
I think that it's a good idea

So this forum is for PC , Multi-format and System Wars

Neil
05-08-2007, 05:16 PM
I think that it's a good idea

So this forum is for PC , Multi-format and System Wars

Na PC belong in online or computer games :P

Fez
05-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Na PC belong in online or computer games :P
Good point....

Jazza
06-08-2007, 11:36 AM
It would have been easier if people just put [360] or [Wii] or [PS3] in the thread titles instaed of splitting them up.

GommeInc
06-08-2007, 02:01 PM
It would have been easier if people just put [360] or [Wii] or [PS3] in the thread titles instaed of splitting them up.
Indeed and some people did.

Azza
06-08-2007, 02:51 PM
I am not bothered whether its the way is now or sued to be.
As said this forum is not used that much, so why ahve such an argument about 3 little sub forums =s I know before was easier jsut seeing all the posts in one main forum but it doesnt involve too much effort to click 3 seperate sub forums and read there and look at the main forum. I am pretty sure we will all live with or without the 3 sub forums... So much bother about 3 lil forums =s and if the forums "unpopular" then you shouldnt exactly bother to much about it? =]

Neil
06-08-2007, 03:02 PM

Yes that would be better but the thing is getting everyone to do that, there is no way of us to enforce members to do this, the only option was to split them up, I suggest you just get used to it really

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!