PDA

View Full Version : Oh crap.

Agent 47
05-08-2007, 07:24 PM
I'll make this short and simple, I'm not in the mood for typing.

My Xbox 360's video output isn't working. I'm not sure if it's the cable or the actual box, but I can hear sound and no picture. I've tried on 3 TVs now all with the same result. All that comes up on the TV is what looks like snow. It's hard to describe but it's just hundreds of tiny white dots flying across the screen on a black background. Sound is working fine however, and I've even booted into a game fine.

Help appreciated. :(

You
05-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Then obviously there is something wrong with the disc. Try another movie, if not just buy a new cable.

Agent 47
05-08-2007, 09:53 PM
No, not the disc, I can't see the dashboard, Or anything at all. I'm gonna get a new cable tomorrow. Hopefully that works.

EDIT: What I meant to say in the first post was. I managed to boot into a game, but still couldn't see a thing. Although sound was fine.

Fez
05-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Check the setup, wires overlapping wires can be baaad.

Maybe the connectors arn't in very well.

Otherwise... if your using HD then I'd recommend getting an official cable

Azul
05-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Not to put the downers on the situation, but this happened to a mate of mine, turned out to be his Xbox.

Agent 47
05-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Check the setup, wires overlapping wires can be baaad.

Maybe the connectors arn't in very well.

Otherwise... if your using HD then I'd recommend getting an official cable

It is an official cable :S

Not to put the downers on the situation, but this happened to a mate of mine, turned out to be his Xbox.

oh. well I hope not. I would really like to get some gaming in on the last week of my summer hols.

I think its the wire anyway. Last week the colours were a bit distorted, so I turned off the Xbox, pulled out the cable then put it back in and it was fine. Then on Friday I turned off and unplugged the Xbox+TV from the power supply when I was going on holiday. I just got back today, turned on the xbox and this happens. Fantastic.

reindeer.
06-08-2007, 07:08 PM
it's not switched onto HD instead of TV on the little box on the wire is it?

Fez
06-08-2007, 07:10 PM
The wire must've gotten 'bored' lol

But yeh, get another official one

Marky.
06-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Jsut phone MS up they will replace it if your under warrenty they replaced my wireless mic took about 5 days

Agent 47
06-08-2007, 08:47 PM
*cries*

Its the xbox. I tested the wire on a mates console. Worked fine. So I'm taking the xbox back to GAME tomorrow.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!