PDA

View Full Version : Blood found in hunt for Madeline

OhLiam
07-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Police in Portugal have refused to comment on reports that traces of blood, believed to be that of Madeleine McCann, have been found on a wall in the holiday apartment in Praia da Luz where the Leicestershire girl went missing.

(Advertisement)
The blood was discovered early last week by British sniffer dogs specially trained to find remains of bodies, the Portuguese paper Jornal de Noticias reported.

Detectives now believe it is most likely Madeleine is dead, having been killed accidentally, the newspaper claimed.

There has been no official confirmation of this and Madeleine's parents Gerry and Kate McCann have repeatedly said they are optimistic they will be reunited with their daughter.

Meanwhile, Belgian police are carrying out DNA tests on a drinks bottle used by a girl resembling Madeleine as the 100th day since the youngster's disappearance approaches.

A possible sighting of the missing four-year-old in the Flemish town of Tongeren, near the Dutch border, is being investigated by the Belgian authorities.

A customer at a restaurant in the town told police she was "100% sure" she had seen the youngster.

Mrs McCann has been carrying out a series of interviews this week.

She told the website www.marieclaire.co.uk of her frustration that time was passing without a major breakthrough in the police investigation.

She said: "There's no doubt we have some very low times. The hope is still there. We're still trying very much to be positive. We have to keep going for us and for the twins. And also for Madeleine."

Extracted from Yahoo News.

lAdmire
07-08-2007, 05:47 PM
i find it very weird that they didn't find it before.
like when they first came to investigate & check the room for any evidence.
obv they didn't search well enough because they're finding this how many months later?
wow, that's horrible.

Frodo13.
07-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Lets hope its blood from the abductor. Maddy may of tried to fend the person off?

Mr.Sam
08-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Actually they are testing it in the uk to see if it is blood - if it is they will do dna tests.

Wig44.
08-08-2007, 11:24 AM
The girl in the cafe wasn't madeleine - source AOL
I'm not sure hwere I heard his but it was either not madeleines blood, or it wasn't blood.

I'm getting a bit sick of all this news about madeleine. No other very young children got publicity and this much help, so why should she? It is time to give up, I think.

Frodo, a very young girl trying to fight off a fully grown man/woman? There is no way and he definitely wouldn't draw blood.

Ashhizzle
08-08-2007, 11:28 AM
This is pathetic

thousands go missing, but she gets all the attention, this may sound harsh but i really couldn't care less.

Jazza
08-08-2007, 11:37 AM
I still maintain that there is no chace of finding her. All these stories must be really hurting the parents giving them false hope.

GommeInc
08-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Can't we just leave her alone now? She is most likely dead but if not, we really do not care anymore. The campaigns won't find her and making everyone aware won't help, Britain is miles away from Portugal (or was it Spain?) so how do they expect a publicity campaign in a completely different country to make her chances of being found (dead or alive) any bigger?

If it was blood, they're either extremely slow OR someone planted it there, just to make the news a bit more interesting.

EDIT: Isn't the whole predicament testing the family's trust in God?

-:Undertaker:-
08-08-2007, 12:16 PM
The girl in the cafe wasn't madeleine - source AOL
I'm not sure hwere I heard his but it was either not madeleines blood, or it wasn't blood.

I'm getting a bit sick of all this news about madeleine. No other very young children got publicity and this much help, so why should she? It is time to give up, I think.

Frodo, a very young girl trying to fight off a fully grown man/woman? There is no way and he definitely wouldn't draw blood.

If you had a 4 year old sister, and she went missing, you'd want all this publiticy, yes others don't get it, but if it makes the chances of finding one little girl alive then i'm 100% behind it.

This is pathetic

thousands go missing, but she gets all the attention, this may sound harsh but i really couldn't care less.

You don't care, the family do, if she's found because of this publicity then it's a good thing.

cocaine
08-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Maddy may of tried to fend the person off?

yes because a 5/6/7 year old (however old she is) is going to be able to fend off a grown adult?

:rolleyes:

Jackk
08-08-2007, 12:38 PM
i think that the amount of publicity theyve got from it the abducter has nothing elese to do but kill her.

GommeInc
08-08-2007, 12:49 PM
If you had a 4 year old sister, and she went missing, you'd want all this publiticy, yes others don't get it, but if it makes the chances of finding one little girl alive then i'm 100% behind it.

You don't care, the family do, if she's found because of this publicity then it's a good thing.
But publicity won't cover a whole planet. The chances of someone finding her, who wasn't focusing on the publicity behind her, is larger than someone finding her who knows of her through the publicity. The chances of the latter is lower than the previous.

I don't understand how the McCanns have managed to get so much publicity, and I find it odd why people are giving them money. They don't need money, they need their daughter "/

i think that the amount of publicity theyve got from it the abducter has nothing elese to do but kill her.
Ah yes, that is one of the problems with publicity. Some people do actually kill off their victims through panic because they think killing them will solve the problem, but in the long run, it can make it alot worse for you and the victims family.

Colin-Roberts
08-08-2007, 07:11 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6936214.stm
the bottle found did not match the dna of madeliane althought its not ruled out that she could of been there. and its suspicious that no couple has come forward to declare there innocents .

Antony
08-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Can't we just leave her alone now? She is most likely dead but if not, we really do not care anymore. The campaigns won't find her and making everyone aware won't help, Britain is miles away from Portugal (or was it Spain?) so how do they expect a publicity campaign in a completely different country to make her chances of being found (dead or alive) any bigger?

If it was blood, they're either extremely slow OR someone planted it there, just to make the news a bit more interesting.

EDIT: Isn't the whole predicament testing the family's trust in God?

I've always thought all along that the more publicity the more the person who abducted her would crap themselves and most probably kill her and flee. But I also see the fact that the publicity could have everyone keeping an eye out for her, but would that be possible, their are hundreds of thousands of girls who look like her. I agree with the comments about this is just one girl, out of thousands who go missing every day, I do agree in some ways however the money they are raising is to contribute to other people who go missing, and this was a girl taken from her apartment while they were on holiday, which can only be blamed at the parents for leaving the kids on their own.

I have always had the thought from the start that she is dead, I would like to be optomistic but the chances are very minimum now she has been missing for over 100 days.

Clowgon
11-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Lets hope its blood from the abductor. Maddy may of tried to fend the person off?

Fend Person Off Shes Only 3 How Can See Do That.

Frodo13.
11-08-2007, 04:44 PM
All those who are slating me about saying Maddy may of tried to fend the abductor off...kids bite, pinch and scratch, my little sis has been doing that since shes been 1!

I think those who are saying things like 'I dont care' and 'Why is she getting all the attention' I have a question - if it was someone in your family, would YOU not care, or want no attention drawn to the investigation. I think the people who are saying that are ver narrow minded. Im 100% behind the McCanns staying in Portugal and continueing the search.

GommeInc
12-08-2007, 01:27 AM
I've always thought all along that the more publicity the more the person who abducted her would crap themselves and most probably kill her and flee. But I also see the fact that the publicity could have everyone keeping an eye out for her, but would that be possible, their are hundreds of thousands of girls who look like her. I agree with the comments about this is just one girl, out of thousands who go missing every day, I do agree in some ways however the money they are raising is to contribute to other people who go missing, and this was a girl taken from her apartment while they were on holiday, which can only be blamed at the parents for leaving the kids on their own.

I have always had the thought from the start that she is dead, I would like to be optomistic but the chances are very minimum now she has been missing for over 100 days.
Most of the news papers have only in the past month taken money in for their own charities in which other missing children can be found safely. I believe News of the World reeased some campaign named after Madeleine. The publicity maybe to keep everyone aware and on the look out for her, I agree and I also agree that some children look like her. These so called witnesses that saw her at random locations may of just seen some other little, blond haired girl who was with their father who may, coincidently, look like the 'number 1 suspect.'

I completely agree that it is their fault for leaving the children alone that night, they gave a slightly dignified answer, but they could simply keep the children in a creche or take them with them to eat. I know some parents love some alone time, but leaving 3 young children alone is a very bad idea, especially in a hotel. Children being left in homes maybe acceptable, because they may have neighbours looking after them, but that's besides the point.

I agree that, although slightly grim, she is most likely dead and if she did die early on in the investigation, the likelyness of her being identifiable or even found is extremely unlikely.

All those who are slating me about saying Maddy may of tried to fend the abductor off...kids bite, pinch and scratch, my little sis has been doing that since shes been 1!
I was thinking that too. Children can fight...

I think those who are saying things like 'I dont care' and 'Why is she getting all the attention' I have a question - if it was someone in your family, would YOU not care, or want no attention drawn to the investigation. I think the people who are saying that are ver narrow minded. Im 100% behind the McCanns staying in Portugal and continueing the search.
The biggest you can get is a news paper article and a news story. The McCann's only had a big campaign because it happened to a very young girl similar to the two young girls who Ian Huntley murdered near Ipswich, Essex and it is in another country therefore a wider audience and the fact that they were only a few feet away their hotel room. It got built up like that especially with the visit to the Pope which is pointless. Some blessing which wasted a few days which could of been spent searching. But if a child was absucted in this country, it won't be so big because it only effects this government and the local area in which the child/person was abducted. It only becomes big when they've been missing for a few weeks or they start searching in foreign countries OR if they're some what related to famous people or people with lots of money,

CrazyColaist
15-08-2007, 08:37 PM
;o more tests?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!