PDA

View Full Version : Will someone

mangle
11-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Please explain in detail why bioshock is rated 18.
My mom wont let me get it because its "not suitable"
As far as I know the only reason BBFC gave it 18 was strong bloody violence?

Azul
11-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Violence, probably strong language too.

mangle
11-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Thanks - I managed to "hide" the 18 marker when I got it off game :]

Soil
11-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Buy it in 3 years .. or just beg your mum.

Nuka-Cola
11-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Its because its about the rapture, theres bad language, and theres loads of freaky characters some are half dead and stuff and you see people be burned ( it is the rapture ... end of the world ) but yh apart from that its fine. Oh and theres this little girl whos really freaky

Fez
11-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Its because its about the rapture, theres bad language, and theres loads of freaky characters some are half dead and stuff and you see people be burned ( it is the rapture ... end of the world ) but yh apart from that its fine. Oh and theres this little girl whos really freaky
It's not about the rapture =S

It's about a underwater city called rapture, built in the late 1940s. A haven for artists and scientisets, but they found a drug called Adam within sea slugs, a drug war raged out and the entire population was destroyed, now mutants roam the corridorrs of rapture... Big Daddys (genitacally modified builder biosuit guys) protect Little Sisters (small mutant children) while they harvest the last of the Adam, from the dead.

Because the people there took too much, and now it is all they can eat.

Aflux
11-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Please explain in detail why bioshock is rated 18.
My mom wont let me get it because its "not suitable"
As far as I know the only reason BBFC gave it 18 was strong bloody violence?
Really?

Dude that sucks, I've been playing GTA and Resident Evil since I was about 8 or something.

If you look old then they'll sell it to you, seriously.

I got GoW when I was 15.

mangle
11-08-2007, 07:26 PM
I pass for 17 most of the time :]
But game wouldn't sell me Far Cry which is a 16 :rolleyes:
And yeah , my parents didn't know much about what i was playing on PS2 which is why i got all the GTA's and violnet stuff.
But then the bloody daily mail printed "YOUR CHILD WILL BECOME A KILLER IF HE PLAYS THIS" and all that crap.
My dad read it and they stopped me getting hitman , the darkness and are trying to stop me getting GTA IV , Bioshock , Halo 3 and Assissns creed.
Apprently im going to be an axe murderer if i play all this :rolleyes:

Aflux
11-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Well put it this way - there are ways of getting it.

Just get someone to buy it for you, re-box it with no cover or something or say they down-graded it because they wanted to appeal to greater audience.

mangle
11-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Oh god I know how to bypass it!
My dads amazon account is always signed on and he saved his details :rolleyes:

Fez
11-08-2007, 07:31 PM
HOLY CRAP

He wasn't gonna let you get Halo 3!?!

*BRINGS OUT THE MEGA-PERSUASION KIT*

mangle
11-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Nahh the whole "shoot people in the face" thing put him off.
But I mean how is shooting a bloody Slayer going to make me try and assassinate someone!?

Fez
11-08-2007, 07:38 PM
OMG U R GNA KIL ABRAHAM LINCUN COS U PLAI VIDEO GAMES OMG

Lol, it's not video games that cause murders, it's the murdurer's twisted mind (proberly from poor relationships or a struken childhood)

If you want him to get you it, then I highly insist on showing him Trailer 2 - Welcome To Rapture, it doesn't really show you the Little Sister aspect of the game, and that's what put's most people off.

Just tell him I'm fighting monsters, not killing politics.

Aflux
11-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Nahh the whole "shoot people in the face" thing put him off.
But I mean how is shooting a bloody Slayer going to make me try and assassinate someone!?
Aren't you the one who has Dead Rising or FEAR?

Anyway - tell them it's fantasy and you're old enough, mature enough to know not to re-inact them because of that fact.

mangle
11-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Aren't you the one who has Dead Rising or FEAR?

Anyway - tell them it's fantasy and you're old enough, mature enough to know not to re-inact them because of that fact.
Nope , not got either!
I think I can talk them into Assassins creed and MAYBE Gta IV. But then theres games like John Woo.
Tbh i might just buy the games off amazon and present my dad with the money when his bill comes

Fez
11-08-2007, 08:19 PM
GTA IV may actually be very gorey, the first trailer showed of graphics, the second trailer showed off gameplay, the third traier will proberly show off tone... in which case, it could be gorey.

And yeah just buy off Amazon, but it might be a bit slow.

Btw http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=386999 for everything you need to know about BioShock, includes links to trailers and final CE packaging.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!