PDA

View Full Version : How come..

Technologic
11-08-2007, 05:16 PM
whenever the PS3 has something similar to the 360 it's "stolen" yet when it's the other way round e.g Xbox elite with the HDMI socket it isn't?

Answer me that fanboys.

Fez
11-08-2007, 05:18 PM
The Xbox 360 HDMI update and Elite thing hasn't been updated / released in the UK, only in North America. So it's not very publicised, moment it goes worldwide people will start to question it.

Neil
11-08-2007, 05:23 PM
whenever the PS3 has something similar to the 360 it's "stolen" yet when it's the other way round e.g Xbox elite with the HDMI socket it isn't?

Answer me that fanboys.

I wouldn't say Hardware can really come under stolen because it was bound to happen, if you wanna start saying people are stealing hardware might aswell say sony stole the idea to make a console from Nintendo

Fez
11-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Console gaming become a peak market a while ago, Sony decided to get in the game, Microsoft waited for the market to get bigger and then joined as well.

Jazza
11-08-2007, 06:24 PM
How do you think they 'stole' the HDMI cable? Sony didn't create the HDMI technology, a company called 'The HDMI group' did.

Technologic
11-08-2007, 06:28 PM
How do you think they 'stole' the HDMI cable? Sony didn't create the HDMI technology, a company called 'The HDMI group' did.

I'm not saying that. I'm just saying sony are always said to be stealing yet other console are not.

mangle
11-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Cos the PS3 was the last console out people think they stole the idea?

Aflux
11-08-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm not saying that. I'm just saying sony are always said to be stealing yet other console are not.
If you give an example of this I'm sure people will be glad to tell you why.

Technologic
11-08-2007, 09:22 PM
"Sixaxis is stolen from the wii"
"Online play is stolen from the xbox"

Explain..

Aflux
11-08-2007, 09:28 PM
"Sixaxis is stolen from the wii"
"Online play is stolen from the xbox"

Explain..
Can you find me quotes because those are stupid, thanks.

Johno
11-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Hey,

Hardly anything is unique nowadays, My very first PC had a Four-Axis controller (Great fun for flying games) so Sony just upgraded this to Six and boom, A new product but hardly unique.

and please do not get into the online thing for two reasons:

1) The Dreamcast (Best Previous Gen Console IMO) was the first to have online play in the console market. It brought a whole new level of playability.

2) The PS3 has PS Network and Xbox has Live. Of course they are similar, but they are hardly unique. The Xbox Live system is hugely popular, more so than the PS Network.

But about the HDMI Thing, well thats just asking for trouble :rolleyes: But honestly, Most TVs had HDMI before the PS3 so obviously the console makers will capitalize on this technology. Component is good, HDMI is better. Once that technology was released it was blatantly clear that everything that was HD, could use this new HDMI Technology.

PS - Dont get me started on the PS Button :P

.:; Johno

You might not understand this all, I wrote it in a hurry!

Technologic
11-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Im not saying anything was stolen from anybdoy fgs :l

Im just saying this "console wars" thing is getting stupid.

Neil
11-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Hey,

Hardly anything is unique nowadays, My very first PC had a Four-Axis controller (Great fun for flying games) so Sony just upgraded this to Six and boom, A new product but hardly unique.

and please do not get into the online thing for two reasons:

1) The Dreamcast (Best Previous Gen Console IMO) was the first to have online play in the console market. It brought a whole new level of playability.

2) The PS3 has PS Network and Xbox has Live. Of course they are similar, but they are hardly unique. The Xbox Live system is hugely popular, more so than the PS Network.

But about the HDMI Thing, well thats just asking for trouble :rolleyes: But honestly, Most TVs had HDMI before the PS3 so obviously the console makers will capitalize on this technology. Component is good, HDMI is better. Once that technology was released it was blatantly clear that everything that was HD, could use this new HDMI Technology.

PS - Dont get me started on the PS Button :P

You might not understand this all, I wrote it in a hurry!

Yea I mean loads of consoles used the same sort of technology we use today just way more primative, and I agree, Dreamcast was the best, I loved how it was done, never used online though, was never really into online consoles (I had PS2 Online but that sucked) only really got into console online gaming with xbox live, it wasn't unique but it was professional, unlike PS2 which seemed as if some guy was doing it as part of a college asignment or something
And what is a PS button? :S

Aflux
11-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Im not saying anything was stolen from anybdoy fgs :l

Im just saying this "console wars" thing is getting stupid.
Not really, it's what happens in the world or business.

Technologic
11-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Yeah but people are making things up

"The ps3 graphics are all fuzzy".. i have a ps3, and hae played a 360 on numerous occasions.. they're the same

Johno
11-08-2007, 10:08 PM
And what is a PS button? :S

Hey,

The PS Button on the Playstation Controller!

and IMO the only difference between graphics on PS3 and X360 is that :

PS3 Graphics are sharper but less detailed
X360 Graphics are more detailed but more blurred.

Neil
11-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Hey,

The PS Button on the Playstation Controller!

and IMO the only difference between graphics on PS3 and X360 is that :

PS3 Graphics are sharper but less detailed
X360 Graphics are more detailed but more blurred.

I donno I don't find 360 graphics blurred at all o.O

And what does this PS button actually do? xD

Johno
11-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Hey,

Yeah I dont agree about the blurred graphics but what I have been told by my brother who owns both is that the X360 graphics are blurred slightly in comparison (By a very small margin)

and about the PS Button, Think about it as a crappy guide :P It takes up the whole screen and does the following :

- Lets you turn the controller off
- Turn the console off
- Quit The Game
- Re-assign the controller

Oh yeah! This is groundbreaking! It shows you the battery level and if you are controller 1,2,3 or 4! WOW! :rolleyes:

Neil
11-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey,

Yeah I dont agree about the blurred graphics but what I have been told by my brother who owns both is that the X360 graphics are blurred slightly in comparison (By a very small margin)

and about the PS Button, Think about it as a crappy guide :P It takes up the whole screen and does the following :

- Lets you turn the controller off
- Turn the console off
- Quit The Game
- Re-assign the controller

Oh yeah! This is groundbreaking! It shows you the battery level and if you are controller 1,2,3 or 4! WOW! :rolleyes:

So a rip off of the guide when you hold it down for a while? xD

Johno
11-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Hey,

Nope, Thats where the innovation comes in! You only have to push it once! No holding the button down! (Really annoying when using the Six-Axis on Super Rub-a-dub :P)

Technologic
11-08-2007, 10:25 PM
So a rip off of the guide when you hold it down for a while? xD

SEE.

"A rip-off"

Anyways. The xbox was the original rip off the ps2 which was ripped off the n64 which was ripped off the dreamcast and so on...

Johno
11-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Hey,

You cant forget the :

N64
SNES
NES
Dreamcast
Fat PS2
Thin PS2
Xbox
Commadore 64
BBC Micro
Amstrad

And FYI, Didn't Nintendo drag the life out of the Game Boy?

Orig. Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advanced
Game Boy Advanced SP
Game Boy Micro
DS
DS Lite

There is more but I cant be bothered writing anymore :P

Neil
11-08-2007, 11:35 PM
SEE.

"A rip-off"

Oh come on you can't seriously sit there and say they didn't copy that from Microsoft xD

Frodo13.
11-08-2007, 11:48 PM
PS button bassicly lets you view a sort of menu thing which lets you turn off the console, or go back to the Crossface menu.

Johno
12-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Hey,

Isnt the Playstation menu called XMB?

Fez
12-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Yep, it's called XMB. Rumoured to be replaced by HOME.... very soon..

Aflux
12-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Yep, it's called XMB. Rumoured to be replaced by HOME.... very soon..
Then comes Lag United...

PS button is so very much from the guide.

Fez
12-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Lag United...

OMG HAVE THEY GONE INTERNATIONAL :D

XMB is cool though, you get a new background colour every month

Aflux
12-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Lag United...

& that makes it cool?

You can download themes from MP and that changes the guides' background...

Scriptermone
12-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Does XMB stand for 'Cross Media Bar'?

Fez
12-08-2007, 08:24 PM
Something like that

Frodo13.
13-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Lag United...

Yeah I love that - Im on blue atm :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!