PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV

14-08-2007, 05:26 AM
Hey a while back I saw a post saying that Grand Theft Auto IV wasen't going to be out until 2008. Well a few days ago, I was looking at the Best Buy add, and it said that it's coming out in October. Just thought I'd let you guys know this. Btw this is in USA, Idk, It might come out in 2008 for people in the UK, But Idk why it would. Just thought I'd let everyone know. :)

Closed by Neil (Forum Moderator): Too many arguements, release date has GLOBALLY been delayed until '08

Aflux
14-08-2007, 08:17 AM
No, it's been delayed until 2008.

mangle
14-08-2007, 08:40 AM
There was a big "hoo ha" on BBC about how it would affect shares and whatnot.

:Hazel
14-08-2007, 09:03 AM
that mag was probably printed when the release date was october.

CJW93
14-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Dam you America

15-08-2007, 04:29 AM
Uhhm, To all you people that said "No it's coming out if 2008 still, your wrong." I'm actually not wrong and it wasent a magazine it was an ad for the store. So yeah it's coming out in October for the usa at least. Idk about hte uk though. And the ad is printed weekly so I'm not wrong tyvm. :)

WiLLCoHeN
15-08-2007, 04:40 AM
Community Spotlight: GTA IV Delayed
Posted by Andy at 18:19. Category: General

CrybabyYesterday we broke the news that the release of GTA IV has been pushed back until around the spring of '08. The reactions that followed were overwhelmingly broad in terms of tone and severity, but all managed to be (mostly) predictable. The GTAForums thread devoted to discussing the delay (at the time of writing this) has already accumulated in excess of 800 replies and nearly 20,000 views in less than 24 hours.

While it may seem silly to spotlight a thread that is already grabbing the attention of so many, it's hard to ignore the cries of aggravated gamers. Pounding their desks in frustration, they curse the same company that they had been praising and supporting up until the announcement of the launch delay. Speculation and theories behind the specifics of the delay are in abundance on our forums. While some remain optimistic about the postponed launch, others go as far as accusing Rockstar of stealing Christmas. Ouch.

It's a garbled mess of finger pointing and tantrum throwing, all directed towards everything and everyone in a futile attempt to pin the blame, holding an individual (or group of individuals) accountable for the sudden realization that GTA IV won't be in stores in time for the holiday season.

(Oh, yes, and let's not forget the ever-brooding fanboy warfare between 360 zealots and PS3 legionnaires, blaming inanimate pieces of plastic - and the consumers that purchase them - for the delay.)

Buckle up, kids. It's gonna be a bumpy ride for the next couple of days.

Community Spotlight: GTA IV Delayed

Community Spotlight is a reoccurring (twice weekly) feature of GTA4.net, highlighting some of the hottest and most interesting topics from the GTAForums Community regarding the upcoming release of GTA IV. Want to nominate a thread for Community Spotlight? Check out the Community Spotlight thread over on GTAForums for details.

** ALSO WORTHY OF NOTE! ** We've updated the weapons and setting sections of the site. Enjoy!
Analyst: PS3 caused GTA IV delay
Posted by adamcs at 15:06. Category: General

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter believes that Rockstar has delayed the release of Grand Theft Auto IV because it is struggling with development on the PlayStation 3. And since it's likely that Rockstar had an agreement with Sony not to favour one console over the other, it means they can't release one version and delay the other.

"We think it is likely that the Rockstar team had difficulty in building an exceptionally complicated game for the PS3, and failed to recognise how far away from completion the game truly was until recently.

"We think it is also likely that Take-Two had a contractual commitment to Sony that it would not favour competitor Microsoft by launching the Xbox 360 version of GTA IV prior to launching the PS3 version, and believe that any delay of the PS3 version necessitated a delay of the Xbox 360 version."

The game has been delayed until February, March or April of 2008, though hopefully we'll have a more specific date soon.
actualy Jeremy (--pwned) you are wrong its being released Spring 08 for usa too

15-08-2007, 04:47 AM
Actually I can show you the Best Buy add. So I am actually right. :)

WiLLCoHeN
15-08-2007, 04:57 AM
its probally an old add heres more proof im right

Retailers Told March 2008
Posted at 17:07 GMT by Chris :: Category: GTA IV :: Comments: 15
Take-Two have apparently been telling retailers the new release date for GTA IV is "March 2008" - nothing more specific than that. The traditional Tuesday (in the US) release dates in March will fall on the 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th, which one it will be we have no idea.
Several retailers have been putting March 4th, others are putting dates as late as June. Take-Two have themselves said in the press release "Q2-2008" of their fiscal year, meaning any time between February and April.

Other GTA sites are claiming March 4th is the "confirmed" date, though of course, no sources are cited. However, retailers are never a reliable source (EBGames anyone?), until we hear directly from Rockstar or Take-Two we cannot really confirm any particular day. So for now, March 2008 is a safe estimate for the release month.

so all i gotta say is HAHAHA i pwn u pwned

15-08-2007, 04:59 AM
Will, How is it an old add when I got it on Sunday, and the date was: "Sunday August 12, 2007"
So **** Off.

WiLLCoHeN
15-08-2007, 05:04 AM
It Could Have Ben Printed a Month Ago You Never Know. By the way your Wrong

mangle
15-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Will, How is it an old add when I got it on Sunday, and the date was: "Sunday August 12, 2007"
So **** Off.
Not everyone in the world knows its been delayed :rolleyes:
Play magazine are still thinking its out when it was meant to be , they went to print before they could change it. Perhaps the ad was wrong to late aswell?

Wootzeh
15-08-2007, 12:01 PM
So **** Off.
THE AD IS OLD AND HASNT BEEN REPLACED YET.
YOU ARE WRONG.

Johno
15-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Shares in the firm behind popular computer game Grand Theft Auto fell 16% after it said that its latest version of the popular game would be delayed.
Take-Two Interactive Software said the late arrival of Grand Theft Auto IV meant it would record an annual loss.

The game, which had been scheduled for release in October ahead of Christmas sales, is now due in mid 2008.

The news is a blow to Microsoft and Sony who had hoped it would help lift sales of their games consoles.

"It's a disappointment that the game won't come out in the holiday period. It's one of the biggest games of all time," said Janco Partners analyst Mike Hickey.

"This is probably going to hurt the sell- through of the (Sony) Playstation3 and (Microsoft's) XBox 360."

Shareholders unhappy

Take-Two has had a turbulent couple of years, coming under fire for poor results, accounting problems and controversy over one of its games.
The New York firm has been accused of overstating profits and now faces a formal stock options probe.

It has also been criticised for the graphic sexual content of one of its Grand Theft Auto games, which was withdrawn from many shops.
Earlier this year, unhappy shareholders removed the New York firm's chief executive and most of its directors.

In June it said it would cut jobs as it sought to reduce costs by $25m (£12.6m) a year by 2008.

I know that I am repeating what everyone else is saying, but GTA IV has been delayed till 2008.

Read that story from the BBC in my quote.

.:; Johno

Scriptermone
15-08-2007, 12:54 PM
So **** Off.

Dude, you're so insanely ignorant.

And yeah - since when do advertisements have the date on anyway?

I went into game the other day (I knew it was delayed anyway) and the signs still said "Pre-order now to avoid dissapointment in October!"
then when we pre-ordered it, he said - "You do know it's not coming out til' spring 2008 right?"

So yeah, you got owned big style.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!