This ones for you

Oh it's what you do to me
What you do to me.

liquid
14-08-2007, 05:58 PM
congratulations, you've successfully posted the lyrics to a single from the year 2005.

e5..
14-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Thank you! LOL.
its a well good song :(

liquid
14-08-2007, 06:03 PM
yeah it's alright.

although i totally dislike it when bands re-release songs and they get really popular.

e5..
14-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Suppose so but I think this song is really good...

English
14-08-2007, 06:11 PM
yeah it's alright.

although i totally dislike it when bands re-release songs and they get really popular.
I was just saying the same to one of my mates. Like how GCH re-released their whole album, I got it for £6 back in the day and it's like £11 now!
Cupid's Chokehold was pretty much a cover, apart from a tiny bit different. I think now, I actually prefer the original from like the 80s! And apparently Clothes Off is a cover, well most of the lyrics anywho.

hobo
14-08-2007, 06:12 PM
yeah it's alright.

innit :/

liquid
14-08-2007, 06:24 PM
I was just saying the same to one of my mates. Like how GCH re-released their whole album, I got it for £6 back in the day and it's like £11 now!
Cupid's Chokehold was pretty much a cover, apart from a tiny bit different. I think now, I actually prefer the original from like the 80s! And apparently Clothes Off is a cover, well most of the lyrics anywho.

- they re-released the whole album, but stuck cupid's chokehold on the end even though it's on "the papercut chronicles" :/

- the chorus to clothes off is from an 80's (i think) song called "we don't have to take our clothes off" or something.

English
14-08-2007, 06:26 PM
- they re-released the whole album, but stuck cupid's chokehold on the end even though it's on "the papercut chronicles" :/

- the chorus to clothes off is from an 80's (i think) song called "we don't have to take our clothes off" or something.
They re-released it with that song because of how much a damn success it is!

And yeah, that sounds right 'cos my parents said they recognised it. Check out Supertramp - Breakfast in America. Cupids Chokehold without fatty Stump!

liquid
14-08-2007, 06:27 PM
They re-released it with that song because of how much a damn success it is!

And yeah, that sounds right 'cos my parents said they recognised it. Check out Supertramp - Breakfast in America. Cupids Chokehold without fatty Stump!
are the verses to breakfast in america different? (travis' bits)

RedStratocas
14-08-2007, 06:30 PM
yeah it's alright.

lozl, radiohead did the same thing when they first got famous.

but idk. the lyrics just seem so... "yeah, k?". idk. they're dull. they're uninteresting. lyrics usually dont matter to me, but they do for acoustic songs.

e5..
14-08-2007, 06:48 PM
I respect all ya opinions k although I might not agree with them all...

Sentrax
14-08-2007, 09:10 PM
That song's old and boring, and posting the lyrics to it without discussion helps nobody.
But thanks anyway.

velvet
14-08-2007, 09:38 PM
I don't see why there's hype about it lately s;
it's years old :\
And as mentioned above, the lyrics are a bit crappy. The song sounds like it has no emotion in it, and the lyrics reflect that imo.

Eamonn
14-08-2007, 10:11 PM
ew i h8 this song i jus feel like im listenin 2 a **** version of snow patrol

Sentrax
15-08-2007, 08:56 AM
ew i h8 this song i jus feel like im listenin 2 a **** version of snow patrol

lol@that
It's so true though.
The lyrics are like something from the script of a Leo Di Caprio film.

Janeisntpleased
15-08-2007, 06:45 PM
i will always adore this song. absolutely love it.

Fifteen
16-08-2007, 06:32 PM
THis song was like released like 3 years ago or whatever, now its in the charts...

RedStratocas
17-08-2007, 02:01 AM
i feel bad for the rest of the band though. because they perform it on tv all the time, and the lead singer is the only one really doing anything, and everyone else had really pathetic parts, haha. the drummer has one gong part.

liquid
17-08-2007, 08:03 AM
oh dear, they're releasing a new album in a few weeks and putting hey there delilah as the first track on it, despite it also being on their last album.

(U) sellouts.

e5..
17-08-2007, 08:43 AM
lol I dno why I like it.......... I jus do k......

Samishlol
17-08-2007, 08:49 AM
I really like this song :)

splatttt
17-08-2007, 11:05 PM
i also really like this song :)

im not too keen on the plain white t's but this song is nice.

OMGitsaROSS
17-08-2007, 11:07 PM
liked it in 05, like it still :P

shiver
18-08-2007, 01:19 PM
another awful song appealing to the children who consider themselves "emo" YAYYYYYYY
by da way dis is meant at people who only discovered them 2 days ago ;)

Janeisntpleased
18-08-2007, 07:45 PM
change the bloody record.

every thread i go on has some stupid kid saying
'omg i heard that song 2 years ago'

you know what, good for you.
does it really matter when you heard the song? no. so sthu please.

shiver
18-08-2007, 10:45 PM

Er, if this is aimed at me, can I just say that I haven't actually heard the song up until a few days ago. Where does it say I discovered this song many years ago? My thoughts however lead me to believe these stupid people who call themselves "emo" and such will absolutely adore this song! It's all in the lyrics and the band name (which might I say is pretty awful, along with the vocals).

THANX LUV YA

hobo
18-08-2007, 10:52 PM

cos its really annoying to people who did like it when it was originally released, to have people raving over it and making them not like a song they've liked for years by overplaying it and going on about it so much.

seattlegrace
18-08-2007, 10:57 PM
I agree with Shiver, actually. It's also just another song for people to proclaim "Oh hey, I'm with the indie scene!" Give me a break, seriously. This song is utter garbage as are the band themselves, I fail to see how anybody could possibly even consider rating them half good, nevermind "great!" "Plain White T's" fail.

Janeisntpleased
19-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Er, if this is aimed at me, can I just say that I haven't actually heard the song up until a few days ago. Where does it say I discovered this song many years ago? My thoughts however lead me to believe these stupid people who call themselves "emo" and such will absolutely adore this song! It's all in the lyrics and the band name (which might I say is pretty awful, along with the vocals).

THANX LUV YA

didn't say it was aimed at you, and in no way was i 'having a go', it was a general comment. i can't see how the band name would appeal to emo's though?

cos its really annoying to people who did like it when it was originally released, to have people raving over it and making them not like a song they've liked for years by overplaying it and going on about it so much.

i've liked the song for over a year as well, btu it doesn't bother me in the slightest that it's suddenly become popular. if it's over played on music channels or whatever, no ones forcing you to listen to it you could just turn over? plus, imo it's a good song & the band deserve the popularity.

shiver
19-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Oh, I just found a bit of coincidence that you posted just after I did. I apologise for taking it the wrong way.

Janeisntpleased
19-08-2007, 12:45 AM
it's ok. apologies for making my post seem as if it was directed towards you. :p

liquid
19-08-2007, 08:33 AM
i'm like that ^

i know it sounds stupid but idc.

and a lot of people who like it now would have called it **** two years ago, just because it wasn't popular. sad but true.

hobo
19-08-2007, 09:35 AM
i've liked the song for over a year as well, btu it doesn't bother me in the slightest that it's suddenly become popular. if it's over played on music channels or whatever, no ones forcing you to listen to it you could just turn over? plus, imo it's a good song & the band deserve the popularity.

i do turn over, but in school people are always playing it, and it does get rather irritating constantly being asked if i've head or if i like it when to me it's an old song.
i know it's a stupid thing to be annoyed by, but it does annoy me.

i'm like that ^

i know it sounds stupid but idc.

and a lot of people who like it now would have called it **** two years ago, just because it wasn't popular. sad but true.

yeah, like ryan said, it's another scene bandwagon for people to jump on.

English
19-08-2007, 02:52 PM
I agree with Shiver, actually. It's also just another song for people to proclaim "Oh hey, I'm with the indie scene!"
YES, YES, YES!!!
My thoughts exactly. People need to stop thinking that music is indie & new (Emily from BB was fit, but indie is not bloody new) and with her entering the house & saying that she has seemed to have brought out this "ooh i love indie, it's a fairly new genre but it's ace" cliché which I can't stand.

iNicks
19-08-2007, 03:28 PM
heey this songs is played to much ..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!