PDA

View Full Version : UnGodliness?

Oracle.
17-08-2007, 09:12 AM
I Wasn't sure whether this was the right place to post, so i just did anywayz :P

I was distraught a few weeks ago, as a close friend of my family, a vicar, was killed. He was an old man, but a good man and i had only seen him a few days before the "accident". He was riding on his bike along country lanes and he was apparently caught in a hit and run incident. Other people have disagreed and said he fell off his bike, as he had a stroke.

But, something has been eating away at me :S Why, if he was a vicar, would he be involved in such a horrific "attack" when he was a God Lover nearly all his life....
Please post your thoughts...

lScottl
17-08-2007, 09:44 AM
I Wasn't sure whether this was the right place to post, so i just did anywayz :P

I was distraught a few weeks ago, as a close friend of my family, a vicar, was killed. He was an old man, but a good man and i had only seen him a few days before the "accident". He was riding on his bike along country lanes and he was apparently caught in a hit and run incident. Other people have disagreed and said he fell off his bike, as he had a stroke.

But, something has been eating away at me :S Why, if he was a vicar, would he be involved in such a horrific "attack" when he was a God Lover nearly all his life....

Because god didn't know Car's where going to be invented, we screwed up this world, maybe if God was real he's moved on to another planet.

Mentor
17-08-2007, 10:52 AM
The same reason harry potter fans dont get saved by wizards when there involed in an accident...

N!ck
17-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Just because he has certain beliefs doesn't mean he can't be killed just like every person.

& lol at what mentor said, but it's true.

Oracle.
17-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Just because he has certain beliefs doesn't mean he can't be killed just like every person.

& lol at what mentor said, but it's true.

However, If God really does exist, then wouldn't there be a slight less chance of him getting killed as God likes them? And is there any point of him even believing in him in the first place?

dirrty
17-08-2007, 02:02 PM
However, If God really does exist, then wouldn't there be a slight less chance of him getting killed as God likes them? And is there any point of him even believing in him in the first place?

god likes everyone equally. just because he was a vicar doesnt make him immune from death or any problems in life. people die and people are born. thats the circle of life and it will always remain like that.

Concentric2
17-08-2007, 02:05 PM
However, If God really does exist, then wouldn't there be a slight less chance of him getting killed as God likes them?
You could look at it as evidence against the arguement for his existence.

And is there any point of him even believing in him in the first place?
Well, quite.

Jazza
17-08-2007, 02:15 PM

Because god is fictional. Simple as.

RedStratocas
17-08-2007, 03:43 PM
The same reason harry potter fans dont get saved by wizards when there involed in an accident...

i like this answer best.

Dan2nd
17-08-2007, 04:44 PM
If God fixed every little thing in our lifes we'd become to dependent on him and wouldn't be able to handle things ourselfs.

YoManGo!
17-08-2007, 05:48 PM

nope. as a vicar he'd know christians believe that god gives us free will and doesnt control what happens in our lives =/

velocity
17-08-2007, 05:50 PM
why, do you think god should have 'spared' his life?

hes no diffrent from anyone else. people have accidents.

=gamemaster=
17-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Lol :P

Im catholic and i beleive, everything has a reason..

Why were the people in the car there at that time? Because of freewill, and god gave us freewill, to live, and god gave it us to let us decide what happens, and i beleive it was an accident that the people in the other car hit the bike but it was freewill, and it was known by god that everything happens and he decided everything before it happens but he encorperated it with freewill, so that it is your freewill but it is gods desicision and god wanted the vicar or w/e he was to come to heaven, for a reason!

That probally made no sense but idk :P

Sorry to here about your friend neway R.I.P!

Virgin Mary
17-08-2007, 07:02 PM
The sooner you die the sooner you go to heaven, that's why.

Concentric2
17-08-2007, 07:38 PM

Why were the people in the car there at that time? Because of freewill, and god gave us freewill, to live, and god gave it us to let us decide what happens, and i beleive it was an accident that the people in the other car hit the bike but it was freewill, and it was known by god that everything happens and he decided everything before it happens but he encorperated it with freewill, so that it is your freewill but it is gods desicision and god wanted the vicar or w/e he was to come to heaven, for a reason!

No offense but i think that's totally contradictory and you sound rediculous.
If God has decided already what's going to happen then there is no freewill or choice to be made?

YoManGo!
17-08-2007, 07:42 PM

i think youre a bit mixed up, there/

lAdmire
18-08-2007, 12:33 AM
everyone has to go.
& everyone has a chosen time to go.
it was his turn to go.
just like you will have a time to go also.

HotelUser
18-08-2007, 01:57 AM
God does not give you everything. He gives you opportunity. Maybe this is the way it was meant to be. Tragic the same I know, he is in a better place now.

God Bless.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!