PDA

View Full Version : SWX and Boagworld Podcast

Johno
17-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey,

Well, SWX is a couple of things. SWX itself is a new data format for Flash. It's actually the native data format for Flash, which is kind of weird, because Flash has been around for a while, so why hasn't it had a native data format until this point? I don't know. Nobody else did it, so at the end; I was like, "OK. Well, I guess I have to bite the bullet here."

And when I say native data format, if you're not very fluent with Flash, think about JSON, or what JSON is for JavaScript. But it's actually a step beyond that, because, with JSON, you still either have to parse it, or in JavaScript you have to evaluate it, before you can use it. So there's another step before you can use it, after the data's loaded.

In SWX, there isn't. It uses SWF files, which are native Flash files, to store data, so it makes it very easy to work with.

The quote above is about SWX of course :P

Just decided to post this as I listen to the Boagworld podcast. Its a great podcast for people designing, developing and creating websites on a daily basis. Of course I dont create websites daily but its a great show and shows you some stuff that is quite, The "Ask an Expert" section is great with show 89's ask an expert focusing on SWX.

The podcast is great and its not dry and dull, there is some banter and of course Marcus's joke at the end.

Its a great podcast, so have a listen and if you like it subscribe to it!

www.boagworld.com

.:; Johno

Just FYI, I dont run Boagworld or anything just decided to post it because I have been listening to it alot lately.

Eccentric
17-08-2007, 06:46 PM
looks good tbh thanks for sharing. +rep

:Edzy
17-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks For Sharing!

I'll subscribe and listen from time to time.

+REP

Johno
17-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Its a great podcast, and it has really good content as well :)

The whole thing is great, also the sections such as news and ask an expert are good. The news is good because they tell you about new articles on things like alistapart and sitepoint and stuff.

:Edzy
18-08-2007, 08:30 PM
i thought listening to it would be very boring but the only boring bit is like the 1st 60 seconds lol

Johno
18-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah the most boring bit is the music at the start and the end!

Its quite entertaining and it offers alot of information. I highly reccommend it! Also listen to the episode called "Digg" It was mainly an ask the expert show and it was very interesting

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!