PDA

View Full Version : Ok Seriously Guys.

Coldplay
17-08-2007, 05:17 PM
This forum is getting really out of hand. I mean look at this thread.

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?p=3816774#post3816774

If your going to say that your account has no recoveries, at least re host the image with a different name?

Anyway, I'm getting seriously annoyed of the amount of scammers on this forum, and it seems that scammers are getting more and more dumb. So the poll on this thread is asking the following things, which I am proposing.

1. Bring back the 'Trusted list'

2. Introduce a middleman system like sythe has. The qualifications for this list would be hard and all the people on it would need to be trusted. Obviously these people will take some commission but if it stops people getting scammed so often why not?

3. More moderation, and a rule saying that you are not allowed to post threads saying 'I wont go first no matter who you are'

Anyway, hope at least some of you support me in this. Thanks for reading :)

Baller
17-08-2007, 05:21 PM
I like the sythe idea..
But lots of people gain there trust up high doing big trades, then a HUGE trade comes along and BAM they got an extra 50m+ in there pocket..
Gaining trust is just using it to scam later..

DarkPharoh
17-08-2007, 05:21 PM
He is right it's very annoying to find this happen.

Coldplay
17-08-2007, 05:22 PM
It would be extremely hard to get on, and if you scam once you get removed automatically and get placed on the untrusted list.

Matty
17-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Or totally get rid of the whole trading accoutns, mils etc habbo for rs yhyh.
Pointless threads like this and so n so is trusted spoil the forum.

Coldplay
17-08-2007, 05:25 PM
How is this a pointless thread? This is nothing like 'Am I trusted'...

This is an idea for an implimentation of a new system to curb down on scams completely.

DarkPharoh
17-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Matty account trading should be killed off 89% are scamms. But habbo and mills need to stay

Jahova
17-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Make it tougher to get onto the trusted list.
People who are on the un-trusted list should never be able to get onto the trusted list.

We should have official middle-men/women *winks* that are trusted and also well known throughout the forums and irc/runescape.

My opinion,
- TomSpit

Baller
17-08-2007, 05:29 PM
irc is junk cus like me, not everyone uses it
cus ppl abuse it and kick ppl cus they got leet powers.

Coldplay
17-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Irc is a no, as not everybody uses Swift.

Eye!
17-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Trusted trader list fo sho, must have 5+ trades with pics and 3 of them musts have vid to get on yes

Official Middleman List - Must have mm'd 3 pin trades, 5 rs-habbo trades and 1 10m+ trade to get on. Before you can start mming you must be on the trusted list.

that way only the really trusted members of habbox can be mms

thats just my opinion tho

Teh Wub
17-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Matty account trading should be killed off 89% are scamms. But habbo and mills need to stay

Your so biased. Get rid of it all.

Eccentric
17-08-2007, 07:03 PM

If your going to say that your account has no recoveries, at least re host the image with a different name?

Anyway, I'm getting seriously annoyed of the amount of scammers on this forum, and it seems that scammers are getting more and more dumb. So the poll on this thread is asking the following things, which I am proposing.

1. Bring back the 'Trusted list' - Yeh good idea i remember that old list.

2. Introduce a middleman system like sythe has. The qualifications for this list would be hard and all the people on it would need to be trusted. Obviously these people will take some commission but if it stops people getting scammed so often why not? - As good as this seems i doubt this will actually work to tell you the truth too many noobs out there.

3. More moderation, and a rule saying that you are not allowed to post threads saying 'I wont go first no matter who you are' - More moderation will take effect once moderator application trialists are announced and the no matter who you are is a no, its personal trust and if you were to get scammed moderators or admins would get blamed.

but yeh my opinions.

Jambe
17-08-2007, 07:35 PM
It would be extremely hard to get on, and if you scam once you get removed automatically and get placed on the untrusted list.

1. Bring back the 'Trusted list'

2. Introduce a middleman system like sythe has. The qualifications for this list would be hard and all the people on it would need to be trusted. Obviously these people will take some commission but if it stops people getting scammed so often why not?

3. More moderation, and a rule saying that you are not allowed to post threads saying 'I wont go first no matter who you are'

Not to be a ball buster or anything dont hate me if im wrong but didnt you just have a thread saying you scammed 4.5mill to a platnum thingy?

name was woferboy or sumit and everyone was saying you scammed on the thread.. Please dont take this as im saying you do scam im just asking..

T0M
17-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Middleman is bad idea as 2 people could get scammed, even if the members are trusted, people on the trusted list last time scammed which is why it was removed

Eccentric
17-08-2007, 07:47 PM
like a certain OLD MOD :|

Axel
17-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Really people, it's common sense. If you trade someone who obviously isn't trusted, it's your own fault. Only trade the people you really trust. Having the trusted list actually produces more scammers, because people do loads of safe trades, get on the list then scam till no one trusts them anymore.

Eccentric
17-08-2007, 07:48 PM
exactly what happened to me tbh. :(

[Jay]
17-08-2007, 07:51 PM
No point in trusted list we have the untrusted list which is better
No middel man not only because they could scam both traders but not many people will want to do it because of the risk like if your trading 10m for habbo i dont think the middel man will do that they could get banned....
Whats wrong with saying i wont go first no matter who you are...

Imnotpure
17-08-2007, 07:51 PM
I realy couldn't care less, I know who to trust and you cant be told who is trusted you just have to find that out yourself, I havent been scammed and ive never asked someone 'Is so and so trusted?'

Its all ** imo

Coldplay
17-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Not to be a ball buster or anything dont hate me if im wrong but didnt you just have a thread saying you scammed 4.5mill to a platnum thingy?

name was woferboy or sumit and everyone was saying you scammed on the thread.. Please dont take this as im saying you do scam im just asking..

He wants his RS cash back because I was buying him a membership thing for a game, I however have proof that I did purchase it;

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6241/paymentkx9.png

He just wants to try and scam me.

Imnotpure
17-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Things like that is what we don't need ^

Coldplay
17-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Are you talking about me or him?

Guillotine
17-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Boring....

The Professor
17-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Trusted list causes more problems than it solves, untrusted list works better imo.

We should have a MM system, but the MMs would have to be extremely trusted. Maybe we vote them as MMs, or have a high number of vouches as a req?

Jordan7193
17-08-2007, 09:48 PM
i agree we shud :D

Arch
17-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Tbh, don't really matter what you do theres always going to be scammers... i think unsafe list is best + the reason people scam is cuz when there new to the forum someone will take advantage and scam them then when that person becomes trusted they will atleast 60% of the time do the same and scam so its like a big circle.. rly

- if that makes sence.. :eusa_wall

Jordan7193
17-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Tbh, don't really matter what you do theres always going to be scammers... i think unsafe list is best + the reason people scam is cuz when there new to the forum someone will take advantage and scam them then when that person becomes trusted they will atleast 60% of the time do the same and scam so its like a big circle.. rly

- if that makes sence.. :eusa_wall

I agree

If no one scammed though be legit to the new commers will be all fine but we could never get it perfect lyk each off us everyone one of us has scammed tbh ill admit it i have but
if we all stopped would be alot better please....

Arch
17-08-2007, 10:23 PM
I never scammed... but i've been scammed twice already :( on this forum.

Imnotpure
17-08-2007, 10:33 PM
If i had to chose, Untrusted list is better.

Jordan7193
17-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Hm why not a untrusted and a trusted the most people who get vouchs off alot of people get on trusted and unsafe put go on untrusted and the others try work there way on trusted so it makes the fourm a safe trade zone

RightThen
17-08-2007, 10:47 PM
basically you're saying you want to be a mm.

Arch
17-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Trusted list isen't good tbh unsafe traders list is better cuz people will get on trusted list and just scam...

Jordan7193
17-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Trusted list isen't good tbh unsafe traders list is better cuz people will get on trusted list and just scam...

true true
how about a safe mm list.....

Coldplay
17-08-2007, 11:01 PM
basically you're saying you want to be a mm.

When did I ever say that. I don't actually know who you think you are, and if you think your trying to be conor with the comment you made in my other thread, Quite frankly your not. So please grow up and get a life.

Jordan7193
17-08-2007, 11:18 PM
When did I ever say that. I don't actually know who you think you are, and if you think your trying to be conor with the comment you made in my other thread, Quite frankly your not. So please grow up and get a life.

Well sed and righthen just got 0wn3d by cold! ~!

deagle
17-08-2007, 11:59 PM
No to trusted list (Never worked, no one cared about it either)
No to middleman (Now I have to trust the middleman, instead of just making the other dude go first, or trust both if I go first) And yes, even you good people who are very trustworthy have scammed and have told me.

And I'd say take away account trading, whats the point? Your not making good money off your time if you actually made the account. More than half of those accounts have been scammed off someone. (Stolen)

And take away selling mills, ruining the cost of member pins. Its also like having cheats in Starcraft, whats the point of playing if you auto win the scenerio.

Arch
18-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Account trading is gone, also there is a point to buying/selling mills it makes rs easier and sorta more fun, so u dont have to waste time making GP (i don't buy mills but i'm just saying)

deagle
18-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Buying mills is same as doing money cheat on starcraft

Saves time eh? Makes it balanced and actually fun? No.

Edit: If you've never played a game like Starcraft (Warcraft, Warhammer etc.) without cheats, dont comment.

Arch
18-08-2007, 05:14 AM
i've played warcraft and starcraft ^^ and its totally different in rs it just makes things easier + it makes rs mor fun instead of wasting.. an hour trying to make monye to buy herbs for Herblore..(EXAMPLE) u have the money u buy it so u dont gotta waste time, making money

Ashley 12344
18-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Trusted list is flawed. people can scam, plus can just be a popularity contest. MM system is the same.

People get scammed at their own risk. If they don't want to, they shouldn't trade.

Narsh
18-08-2007, 03:09 PM
i vote stop trust trades, yay.

Matty
18-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Been loads of these threads, therefore it is pointless.

And who cares, you trade at your own risk don't like it, go cry under your pillow.

Wiley
18-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Imo keep it how it is.
Whtever way it gets changed to people will scam.
So just trade at your own risk.

deagle
19-08-2007, 01:22 AM
Scammer list works fine for me so far.

And one more time. Dont want to trust 2 guys (Middle man rule)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!