PDA

View Full Version : Paypal IPN

Dentafrice,
17-08-2007, 05:49 PM
That really is a pain to work with, I have been building something the past few days and it is a pain in the ***.

Anyone else ever worked with it?

Tomm
17-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Yes, but gave up.

Cba to read all the API documentation and you need to do ton loads of configuration just to get the damn thing to work.

Dentafrice,
17-08-2007, 07:36 PM
I figured it out now, I was working on a license generator that would work with a certain VB program.

Got it :) Found a class.

Tomm
17-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Could I have the link to the class please?

Thanks xD

I figured it out now, I was working on a license generator that would work with a certain VB program.

Got it :) Found a class.

Eric30
17-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Its not a pain? Ive used it on my sites before with little problems.

I made a simple donation script which shows the user how much they donated

Ive not looked at it for a few years now, so i cant help

Tomm
17-08-2007, 07:41 PM
I think we are talking about offering stuff you can purchase and checking that all the crap went through okay.

Its not a pain? Ive used it on my sites before with little problems.

I made a simple donation script which shows the user how much they donated

Ive not looked at it for a few years now, so i cant help

Dentafrice,
17-08-2007, 08:12 PM
It has to go through the IPN then back to make sure that it really was bought for how much it was supposed to, then to make sure it came from the correct URL, then insert into database.

Sygon..
20-08-2007, 03:04 AM
IPN is easy.. they give you a basic class too , to work with i dont see whats the problem?

Eric30
20-08-2007, 01:11 PM
I think we are talking about offering stuff you can purchase and checking that all the crap went through okay.

Yes i know what it is.

I made my IPN script to check the amount paid etc etc, and send an email to use user with their download information, (If all was valid of course)

Dentafrice,
20-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Yes i know what it is.

I made my IPN script to check the amount paid etc etc, and send an email to use user with their download information, (If all was valid of course)
Same, i got it figured out the other day

AEROX
20-08-2007, 01:40 PM
I made a auto billing system last year for my reseller (old reseller). It worked great in the end but to get paypal to work with it was hard.

Feels good though when its all working :D!!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!