PDA

View Full Version : My small runescape section campaign.

Eccentric
17-08-2007, 08:24 PM
http://i12.tinypic.com/4vfffy0.gif

Whats this campaign all about?
This campaign is all about restoring order in the runescape section of Habboxforum.com. The campaign is aimed to get all of the small and increasing errors sorted for example loads of spamming that is unnecessary and to be honest pathetic.

Part one: spamming
One of the main points in this campaign is the amount and increasing amount of spamming in the selected forums, Runescape and so on. You maybe saying why is the spamming annoying well its not only annoying for the members of the forum also for the moderators and thread creators. The moderators and administrators are constantly getting reports of unnecessary posts that members have reported. What can we do? Well if your an offender stop and think this isn’t funny no more I wont post this now. The moderators and administrators have lives there selves believe it or not and do get out so why not release the hassle off there shoulders and just think. I also think the spamming rule should be changed so if you have offended this more than say 6 times maybe bring in the bans and if its constant possibly ip ban.

Part two: Scammers
I’m sure alot of you guys have been scammed me being one too. The scammers of the forum are beginning to grow which yes is annoying but what can we do to tell you the truth. Well the answer is nothing to be honest but there are a few signs too look out for low posts and low rep even minus rep. The best thing you can do is to look out for vouches from this user and maybe check there posts but bewarned not everyone who has good vouches is trusted also if they are a member of staff or ex-member of staff then just go carefull, if you want to know if they are scammer/attempted scammers then check the untrusted list post in the trading section. If you have been scammed you will need evidence of it either a screenshot/printscreen or a video then send it to micky.blue.eyes or youheard. What else can we do, we could bring out the trusted list again but again some people who were on the did actually scam so this wouldn’t work also middleman wouldn’t because that could mean two people could get scammed.

Part three: Moderation
Well yes we all know the moderation is pretty poor around here so this is one of my main points that definitely needs sorting. We have one moderator here, Neil, who is doing a very good job but is still missing some so will need a hand, but yes very good job Neil. We only need more moderation to crack down on, Part one and Part two. The only way we can do this is to get administrators to designate more moderators into the runescape section. We will just need to see how the applications turn out i guess.

So all in all think about your actions and its effect on others and think about the weight your putting on the admin’s and mod’s shoulders. If you would like to share your opinion on this then please feel free and anything you think should be added and i’d be happy to hear your views if your in agreement please post something like yes i agree and maybe we can get this sorted out for good. Come on guys lets bring back the old community and keep this section alive and healthy.

Please not pointless posts as that is defeating the object of this thread.

Many Thank,
Jamie Bond // Eccentric.

McLovin
17-08-2007, 08:25 PM
That banners rubbish no offence. Could of at least made it look proffesional if you wanna get listened to..

Eccentric
17-08-2007, 08:27 PM
To tell you the truth took me 5mins and its not to do with the image.

T0M
17-08-2007, 08:30 PM
I think the moderation is fine tbh, coz Bomb-Head and Micky also mod here alot

Havoc_Generator
17-08-2007, 08:34 PM
You joined the forum like afew weeks ago and you're saying 'restore the old community'

Imo lmao

Wiley
17-08-2007, 08:36 PM
If you have been scammed you will need evidence of it either a screenshot/printscreen or a video then send it to micky.blue.eyes or youheard.

Screenies can be edited.

Eccentric
17-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Havoc ive been here since 2005 on a different account so i dont see how you can say shut up laik but screenies can be edited that is very true.

Bun
17-08-2007, 08:44 PM
yeah, and there's alot of "do-gooders" who look down on other people as well :eusa_whis.

Wiley
17-08-2007, 08:56 PM
yeah, and there's alot of "do-gooders" who look down on other people as well :eusa_whis.

I dont understand wht u mean by tht?

Is it like "Oh ive got more posts an rep" blah blah.

Or wht is it lool?

DarkPharoh
17-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Im with ya!

The Professor
17-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Spammers and moderation are pretty much the same thing. The only thing there is to moderate is spam and the odd piece of abuse. Asking them to stop is like asking a terrorist not to blow himself up, doesnt do the slightest bit of good.

Scammers you cant do anything about, but repeat scamming should be fairly uncommon now becuase of the untrusted list.

Arch
17-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Untrusted list helps + without account selling scamming has gone down a bit.

Axel
17-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Super Eccentric, making a stand for HXF RS justice.

Jackk
17-08-2007, 10:30 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOO GO HAVBO!

Axel
17-08-2007, 10:31 PM
The name's Bond... Jamie Bond. I am doing what I can to clean up the HXF RS section by making banners saying stuff that no one actually cares about.

The Professor
17-08-2007, 10:42 PM
The name's Bond... Jamie Bond. I am doing what I can to clean up the HXF RS section by making banners saying stuff that no one actually cares about.

Sarcasm worthy of Edmund Blackadder himself :P

RightThen
17-08-2007, 10:52 PM
no, just no.

Eccentric
18-08-2007, 07:08 AM
Well there you go why should i bother to be honest :( just shows how sad and immature you people are and can't even respect someone trying to be honest your pointless :|

Lord_Gig
18-08-2007, 11:21 AM
This thread is pointless... You'll never be able to stop people from scamming or spamming, why bother?

Axel
18-08-2007, 11:59 AM
I just find it funny one person makes a thread then you try to make a whole campaign and make crappy little banners and everything.

Eccentric
26-08-2007, 09:01 AM
I find your posting pointless tbh yeh its like a week old the thread but yeh was on holiday so neh well its people like you that have wrecked this section to tell ya the truth it was a nice little place untill all this *REMOVED* started going on so sometimes i wonder why i even attempt of bothering.

Edited by Neil (Forum Moderator): Please do not attempt to avoid the forum filter

Neil
26-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Thing is at least he's trying, you seriously have no idea how hard it is to moderate the games forum, it takes up a lot more time than you think especially with all the spam, scammers, and then I get mod reports saying "you are not doing your job or something?" but the thing is my job is A LOT easier if people report rule breaking instead of encouraging it

Eccentric
26-08-2007, 12:00 PM
i know someone who reports alot :)!!!! ME!!!! watch out. xD behave stay in line anyone wishing to be stupid in this thread really im wasting my time i didnt type that out for nothing atleast next time i wont bother thanks to those who took there time and read it through maybe there the real people.

Neil
26-08-2007, 12:14 PM
i know someone who reports alot :)!!!! ME!!!! watch out. xD behave stay in line anyone wishing to be stupid in this thread really im wasting my time i didnt type that out for nothing atleast next time i wont bother thanks to those who took there time and read it through maybe there the real people.

Lol yea well that's helpful, most people just ignore it and I can't sort it out if I don't know it's there, I'm not superman

Middlesbrough
26-08-2007, 12:18 PM
I think the moderation is fine tbh, coz Bomb-Head and Micky also mod here alot
micky has quit

Eccentric
26-08-2007, 12:21 PM
along with youheard too?

Neil
26-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Yep, both of them have gone so I will probably have to deal with the untrusted list aswell now lol

Eccentric
26-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Lol i applied for mod proberly failed so yeh ill keep trying neil ha lol xD ill get reporting later because at the moment im working on content for my site.

Ezzie.
26-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Thing is at least he's trying, you seriously have no idea how hard it is to moderate the games forum, it takes up a lot more time than you think especially with all the spam, scammers, and then I get mod reports saying "you are not doing your job or something?" but the thing is my job is A LOT easier if people report rule breaking instead of encouraging it

I can vouch for what neil's said, had to moderator/super mod this forum for a few months and it was hell.. (reminices back to when scott spammed and hacked the forum.. ahh. good times)

But as neil said, give him a break but still report but not spam-wise, and show some respect to one another and we can restore this forum to what it was before.

T0M
26-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Lol i applied for mod proberly failed so yeh ill keep trying neil ha lol xD ill get reporting later because at the moment im working on content for my site.

it is alishglty sad how desperate you are to be a MOD, i mean it'd be funky but i wouldnt go through all the effort you are, just seems you are way too desperate imo

Goodluck anyways i guess

Imnotpure
26-08-2007, 03:33 PM
I half agree..Yoshimitsui infracted me for speaking russian..I mean..racist much?
and Neil deleted my thread that everyone loved about my irc screenshots, why not just remove the photos with swearing?

Neil
26-08-2007, 03:38 PM
I half agree..Yoshimitsui infracted me for speaking russian..I mean..racist much?
and Neil deleted my thread that everyone loved about my irc screenshots, why not just remove the photos with swearing?

I did but you kept adding more, I don't remember deleting that thread though, I may of or an smod did xD

Axel
26-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Omg I RUINED THE HXF SECTION! *suicide*

Vibes
26-08-2007, 04:03 PM
I report all threads that break the rules,
If evryone does this it will be fine.

Eccentric
26-08-2007, 06:48 PM
it is alishglty sad how desperate you are to be a MOD, i mean it'd be funky but i wouldnt go through all the effort you are, just seems you are way too desperate imo

Goodluck anyways i guess
Lol nope just want to make a difference :S

Omg I RUINED THE HXF SECTION! *suicide*
yeh u did now if you dont mind some of us have real work to be getting on with and not wasting our time writing pathetic little comments that you think oh yeh this will get everyone laughin ohh im hard so sthu.

I report all threads that break the rules,
If evryone does this it will be fine.
Good to see someone making a difference.

Axel
26-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Lol I didn't ruin the section, I've been here for like 2 years and it's been fine, and it got worse during the 3 weeks I was away.

Arch
26-08-2007, 07:11 PM
how do u even report when people are doing "Bad" stuff like PM a Mod (i.e Neil ? )

--ss--
26-08-2007, 07:16 PM
I highly doubt this campaign will work.

Vibes
26-08-2007, 07:19 PM
how do u even report when people are doing "Bad" stuff like PM a Mod (i.e Neil ? )
You click the red triangle on the right :)

Arch
26-08-2007, 07:21 PM
tyvvm :D

+rep if i can :)

Eccentric
26-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Lol I didn't ruin the section, I've been here for like 2 years and it's been fine, and it got worse during the 3 weeks I was away.
The boy see's sense. <3 u rly.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!