PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock review done on gametrailers

mangle
22-08-2007, 08:46 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23824.html

Got a pretty good score :]

Aflux
22-08-2007, 08:47 AM
sad thing us ps3 fan don't get this game pc and xbox are allways getting the rpg or mmorpg

Another reason to get the 360?

Jazza
22-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Great video, makes me want it even more lol.

liquid
22-08-2007, 12:54 PM
IGN gave it 9.7 :o

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/813/813214p1.html

Oni
22-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Gamespot gave it 9.0 which isnt particuarly high, usually I trust gamespot, I still might get it though.

mangle
22-08-2007, 01:29 PM
From what i've heard it hasn't got lower than 9/10

GT gave it 9.5 which I reckon is good!

Azul
22-08-2007, 01:36 PM
9/10 isn't high? Most great games get 7 - 8's, awesome games get 9/10s.

I was hoping to get my copy today, have Collectors Addition on pre-order, it's been despatched but sadly I haven't received it yet.

mangle
22-08-2007, 06:20 PM
You wont get it until Friday , its release date!

Game have told me its on its way though :D

liquid
23-08-2007, 06:41 AM

normally if you pre-order stuff in advance online you get it 1-3 days before release.

Josh-H
23-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Hoping mine MIGHT come today as game said it had been dispatched monday night.

Azul
23-08-2007, 12:04 PM

Got it today! My lovely collectors addition, it's awesome! Can't play it yet though, my brother wants to play through it with me and he's enrolling at college at the mo!

Josh-H
23-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Got it today! My lovely collectors addition, it's awesome! Can't play it yet though, my brother wants to play through it with me and he's enrolling at college at the mo!

Mines here too :D:D Yay game.co.uk

Day early. That's what I'm talking 'bout.

Played it for like 3 hours earlier. Against a few doubts I had, I like it.

Azul
23-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Man this game has lived up to the hype for me, bloody awesome! I have just played around an hours worth talk about tense stuff. Had to get off it cos my bros going out to celebrate exam results etc.

But loving it so far!

Fez
23-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Hay guys. Back from Dubai xP

anyway....

I'm going to the midnight release tonight, most of you got it a day earlier than others, YOO LUCKY COWS! I saw the game in the Dubai Airport, but is wasn't PAL =[

Anyway, I'm busy with the Big Weekly Informer, and well, I'm sort of going to spend the next 48 hours beating up big daddys and stuff.

This game will live up to the hype

Josh-H
23-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Same Azul. I am really enjoying it. I really feel like I want to kill the splicers. Big daddys.. not so much but its got to be done :P

You harvesting or saving them? Harvesting for me :P

Easy achievements too.

Neil
23-08-2007, 06:24 PM
This game will live up to the hype

I disagree, it'll be good for a while all games are but really can you expect the same campaign to last as long as games like Two Worlds, Halo 3 or Assassins Creed which are all the games I'm looking forward too this year?
I mean yea it'll have it's glory but without multiplayer or anything other than the single player campaign you've not really got alot to do have you? :P

Fez
23-08-2007, 06:41 PM
BioShock is the next generation of console first person shooters and after waiting for more than 2 years I have waited and waited for something to come along and dazzle me once more (Shadow Of The Collosus). I guess that everybody is a type of gamer, some play alone, others play them to death, others play with friends and family. But I'm the type of gamer who believes in plot and gameplay. Not replayabilty.

BioShock with multiplayer will be like... umm *THINKS*... taking fish away from chips xD. I think it'd be too easy, and I don't see co-op happening. There's no chance in the Plot it can happen, but I guess I'm a LONE Gamer, I will in future enjoy chopping people's heads off in Gears Of War and smashing people to death in VSes in Lost Planet. But most of the time I'm alone and quite simply like climbing 500,000 ft in the hair to stick a sword into a Giant's eye.

But BioShock will be worth it, if I can kick a Big Daddy in a groin, shoot abillion splicers and harvest every single Little Sister... or save them. I can go back and do it again and again and I will. Until I've found every knook and cranny (was it 29 hours it took?).

I'm going to go to the midnight release at 9 o'clock, Elites out tonight as well, my local GAME is opening for the Elite, but I'm going for BioShock... god the queue will be big.

Neil
23-08-2007, 06:50 PM
BioShock is the next generation of console first person shooters and after waiting for more than 2 years I have waited and waited for something to come along and dazzle me once more (Shadow Of The Collosus). I guess that everybody is a type of gamer, some play alone, others play them to death, others play with friends and family. But I'm the type of gamer who believes in plot and gameplay. Not replayabilty.

BioShock with multiplayer will be like... umm *THINKS*... taking fish away from chips xD. I think it'd be too easy, and I don't see co-op happening. There's no chance in the Plot it can happen, but I guess I'm a LONE Gamer, I will in future enjoy chopping people's heads off in Gears Of War and smashing people to death in VSes in Lost Planet. But most of the time I'm alone and quite simply like climbing 500,000 ft in the hair to stick a sword into a Giant's eye.

But BioShock will be worth it, if I can kick a Big Daddy in a groin, shoot abillion splicers and harvest every single Little Sister... or save them. I can go back and do it again and again and I will. Until I've found every knook and cranny (was it 29 hours it took?).

I'm going to go to the midnight release at 9 o'clock, Elites out tonight as well, my local GAME is opening for the Elite, but I'm going for BioShock... god the queue will be big.

Lol I thought you could ONLY get the elite if it's opening for it :P

Fez
23-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Nah, I checked with the asst. store manager a few days ago, there putting Elites and BioShock together in a bundle at that store (FREE BIOSHOCK). But he isn't selling the Collector's Edition with them, so they'll be on the shelves.

I'm gonna go to it at 9 o'clock

Neil
23-08-2007, 07:00 PM
I heard the big daddy figure that comes with the collectors edition is broken in amost all of them, I donno if that's just America though (he got it the other day and his big daddy was broken and told me alot of them were)

Azul
23-08-2007, 07:12 PM
BioShock simply does NOT need multiplayer, it is nothing like I have played before, and i'm not exaggerating.

The broken figurines was a small delivery to USA and Canada, mine was fine. Looks bad ***!

Fez
23-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Collector's Edition Big Daddy Figurines reported broken is 15% of the Canadian batch, 25% of the North American batch and 20% of the United Kingdom shipment

from a BioShock fansite

Who cares, I got superglue xD

Azul
23-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Same Azul. I am really enjoying it. I really feel like I want to kill the splicers. Big daddys.. not so much but its got to be done :P

You harvesting or saving them? Harvesting for me :P

Easy achievements too.

I'm saving them for the 100 GS.

Neil
23-08-2007, 07:26 PM
BioShock simply does NOT need multiplayer, it is nothing like I have played before, and i'm not exaggerating.

The broken figurines was a small delivery to USA and Canada, mine was fine. Looks bad ***!

You say it doesn't need it now but when you've beat it on all the difficultys then what? xD

Fez
23-08-2007, 07:27 PM
You say it doesn't need it now but when you've beat it on all the difficultys then what? xD
We go for the achievements!

Oni
23-08-2007, 07:34 PM
I like single player games but without multiplayer you cant really play it again, no matter how good it is. If it had multi I would get it but it doesnt so im not.

mangle
23-08-2007, 07:40 PM
I hate my parents!!

They HAVE to take me out on the day it comes!

Im going off in a bit to play it though! The steel tin is real good!

Bear-Max
23-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Erm... then you can put it on the shelf and say "That was a great game", along with all those games you have which do have multiplayer, yet still you don't play them. A game doesn't have to be a few years long to give you your money's worth.

Fez
23-08-2007, 07:58 PM
I hate my parents!!

They HAVE to take me out on the day it comes!

Im going off in a bit to play it though! The steel tin is real good!
:O

THAT IS A CRIME

A CRIME I TELLS YOO

I was in Amsterdam Airport waiting to come home and the game was on sale, too bad it wasn't the PAL version. It had the Rusty Tin thing though, looks good. Not as good as the CE

Neil
23-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Erm... then you can put it on the shelf and say "That was a great game", along with all those games you have which do have multiplayer, yet still you don't play them. A game doesn't have to be a few years long to give you your money's worth.

Lol the only multiplayer games I have that I don't play are the rubbish ones - Gears of War, Kameo and PGR3 xD

Bear-Max
23-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Lol the only multiplayer games I have that I don't play are the rubbish ones - Gears of War, Kameo and PGR3 xD
Well what's rubbish or not is a matter of opinion... but that's kind of the point I'm making. I'd much rather have a game I absolutely adored playing but then doesn't have multiplayer, than one I tredged through just so I could kill some Americans online.

When I read a book I don't think "well if theres only 20 chapters I'm not going to read it".

Azul
23-08-2007, 10:02 PM
^ exactly.

The reason BioShock is so good is that the devs were focused on a single player game. Like alot of 2K games they have good solid single player like Prey, The Darkness, but the online play is awful!

Neil
24-08-2007, 04:36 PM
^ exactly.

The reason BioShock is so good is that the devs were focused on a single player game. Like alot of 2K games they have good solid single player like Prey, The Darkness, but the online play is awful!

I donno...
You say 2k made Prey and The Darkness but I hate both of those games, found them too boring...Like I found the Bioshock demo boring, wasn't really interested in Bioshock from the start anyway

mangle
24-08-2007, 07:39 PM
I played that game at like 12 last night

I didn't sleep :| I was searching through some desk and I turned around and heard some splicer shouting "HOW DARE YOU!!!" and then beat the living crap out of me with her pipe!

Azul
24-08-2007, 07:40 PM
How are you getting on with the game? You enjoying it?

mangle
24-08-2007, 07:47 PM
How are you getting on with the game? You enjoying it?
I love it!
I keep taking on big daddys that are roaming!
Im at the part in the gardens , dno if you've got there yet and I dont wanna say anything to ruin it!

Azul
24-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah i'm at Arcadia too. I've managed to to save 6/6 Little Sisters so far, Big Daddy has nothing on my upgraded grenade launcher. :D

mangle
24-08-2007, 07:54 PM
I dont trust guns on that game!
Good old wrench and plasmids!
I save all the bots and special ammo then take on a big daddy!
Simple!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!