PDA

View Full Version : Are Blizzard Going Too Far?

ChainLightning
23-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Are Blizz going too far with their constant expansions. We all know of course it will be delayed but they need to give people chance to actually expierience the content of the first expansion before releasing even MORE content which is very time consuming. Imho I think this next expansion should be the last or else it'll be too RS like. Discuss!

Decapitated!
23-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Wth this is only going to be there 2cd.

ChainLightning
23-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Wth this is only going to be there 2cd.
I said this should be the last expansion :]

:Jamie
23-08-2007, 05:00 PM
I dont get what you mean by RS like? There both diff games why compare?

The lore of WoW is nice and interesting and theres still lots to come out, i dont think this will be the last :)

Danzilla
23-08-2007, 05:42 PM
I dont othink it will be the last, Other wize people who have been playing for 1-2 years will be complaing about the game geting boring. I think they should just release new races and classes and only rais the level cap rarely. ^^
Im not to botheerd about it because when i hit 70 i got more exploring to do. :]
Also RS is no where nere like WoW and how is it getting like RS? :P
RS is based on getting skills up where as WoW is more leveling. :]

Neil
23-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Sounds like someone doesn't want to buy the new expansions when they come out :P

If it stops getting new content then it'll get boring for everyone really, and the fact it gets new content will not make it like RS, or is everyday that gets new content added like RS now? xD

Bugsey6
23-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I don't see it as them going too far.

If they didn't release expansions like this people would be complaining of being bored.

I think it's also good for the people who don't like raiding and would sooner just level up a character :), but on the minus side it's bad for people who have been raiding for months and as soon as a expansion comes out the gears almost worthless.

BC has been out a while now, so I think the next one is going to be out in just the right amount of time.

Wootzeh
23-08-2007, 07:23 PM
1Expansion a year would make it exciting and would easily give people a chance to explore all of the expansion.

shokz
23-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Plenty of time to visit the current end game shizzle we still got loads of stuff to come before WoLK anyway like Zul'aman for instance it doesnt come out til next year the expansion so no they're not going to far...

MaGz
24-08-2007, 06:55 AM
I think its good that they're coming out with more expansion packs.. but just a bit too soon. Like said before, many haven't even gotten to the point where they reach the BC content, and the fact their going to jumble things up even more with another expansion is frustrating.

Now with the lvl cap raised to 80, it will be harder for new WoW players to catch up and learn the game... With all this new content about new dances/changing appearances and crap will just confuse newbies, and drive them away from WoW... I have a feeling this expansion won't be that good.

:Jamie
24-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I think its good that they're coming out with more expansion packs.. but just a bit too soon. Like said before, many haven't even gotten to the point where they reach the BC content, and the fact their going to jumble things up even more with another expansion is frustrating.

Now with the lvl cap raised to 80, it will be harder for new WoW players to catch up and learn the game... With all this new content about new dances/changing appearances and crap will just confuse newbies, and drive them away from WoW... I have a feeling this expansion won't be that good.

I think this expansion would be better then TBC, they learn alot from it and will change the way they do certain things in the new one. Its good that things like Naxx will get re-tuned for level 80 ^^

mat64
24-08-2007, 07:03 PM
They said an expansion pack every year and that's probley a good target. Content needs to keep coming and one of the best ways is to make a big leap and make some money out of it at the same time, and this is what Blizzard are doing.

TMBux
24-08-2007, 11:45 PM
As far as I'm aware blizzard had in mind 5 "main" expansions (Including TBC) and this was to carry out the Lore of Warcraft. I think it is Panning out nicely.. but I don't think every expansion should be a raise of the level cap. But WotLK isn't going to be the end... I have had many long discussions, and I don't think its going to be over for a long... long time. There is alot of things that we might expect from Blizzard.. those who know alot of the lore are probably aware of alot of what I'm talking about. One think that comes to mind is Lady Sylvanas.. wanting to turn the whole of the horde into the forsaken, and her thinking she is "in control" where as Varimathras is apparently 'nudging' her into making decision.. I think that there could make an incredibly nice, fun, exciting story line and expansion. Perhaps and Instance ending in perhaps a "Sylvanas gets to x%, runs to Varimathras who kills her, we start a boss fight with him" kind of thing. I would like to see Blizz bring out alot more content personally!

TehJoshy
25-08-2007, 12:51 AM
World of Warcraft, is basicly the whole Warcraft storyline/ideas in one Massive game, lots of content on its way in the furture. bring it on i say [Emerald Dream = Expansion 3 i think :P]

Robzor
25-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Now with the lvl cap raised to 80, it will be harder for new WoW players to catch up and learn the game...

they are making 1-60 faster.

shokz
25-08-2007, 05:26 PM
;3839157']World of Warcraft, is basicly the whole Warcraft storyline/ideas in one Massive game, lots of content on its way in the furture. bring it on i say [Emerald Dream = Expansion 3 i think :P]
I have a feeling emerald dream will come out sooner like a big content patch

Moh
31-08-2007, 09:15 PM
not realy, theres toons of lvl 70 blood elfs and drianel (How ever its spelt) and theres still months 2 go till new expansion is released.

shokz
01-09-2007, 12:56 AM
not realy, theres toons of lvl 70 blood elfs and drianel (How ever its spelt) and theres still months 2 go till new expansion is released.
who was that at?

Soy
01-09-2007, 01:01 PM
LOL have you seen how much lvl 70's there are? and it will probably be released sometime around xmas which is basically 1 year after the bc expansion

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!