PDA

View Full Version : Thorpe Park

lScottl
23-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Went to Thorpe Park yesterday, it rained most of the day, we went on Stealth first, queue was like 5 mins. Here's my ride count:

Stealth: 2
Colossus: 2
Detonator: 0
Nemisis Inferno: 2
Quantum: 0
Rush: 3
Samurai: 1
Slammer: 0
Tidal Wave: 0
Vortex: 1
Zodiac: 1
Chief Ranger's Carousel: 1
Flying Fish: 0
Depth Charge: 0
Loggers Leap: 0
Ribena Rumba Rapids: 1

Quantum was broken down, seemed to be stuck mid-way.

Laurae90
23-08-2007, 10:30 PM
that's quite sad really

IPhone
23-08-2007, 10:47 PM
I thought flying fish was gone?

CJW93
24-08-2007, 12:46 AM
It's back and its worse than ever

Xarea
24-08-2007, 06:39 AM
It's back and its worse than ever

*Slower then ever.

Leeroy
24-08-2007, 09:06 AM
ive never been to thrope park, is it just as good as flamingo land ect?

velocity
24-08-2007, 09:17 AM
www.thorpepark.co.uk

duno, find out for yourself.

lScottl
24-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Thorpe Park is the UK's most thrilling theme park.

velocity
24-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Thorpe Park is the UK's most thrilling theme park.

lol, nah. alton is, just.

lScottl
24-08-2007, 09:49 AM
lol, nah. alton is, just.

Taken from Tesco and lastminute - Thorpe Park is the UK’s most thrilling theme park.

velocity
24-08-2007, 09:50 AM
taken from thorpe itself? no.

lScottl
24-08-2007, 12:01 PM
I doubt Tussauds are going to applaud themselves. Idiot.

Dan2nd
24-08-2007, 12:21 PM
I prefer thorpe park to Alton Towers

velocity
24-08-2007, 12:38 PM
tussauds dont own either of them..

Adam!
24-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Your the idiot.

As charlie mentioned, Tussauds doesn't own any parks ;)

Tussauds was sold, along with attractions to Merlin :)

Alton Towers beats Thorpe anyday IMO.. Whenever i'm near Alton Towers I go - However when i'm near Thorpe I don't.

Thorpe Park is NOT the UK's most thrilling attraction either.

Alkaz
24-08-2007, 01:27 PM
i couldnt believe when they brought it bk.
But yah like 14 rides in a day. Thats shameful. Soz but it it. Last time i went i went on more than x2 as many.

Adam!
24-08-2007, 01:30 PM
i couldnt believe when they brought it bk.
But yah like 14 rides in a day. Thats shameful. Soz but it it. Last time i went i went on more than x2 as many.
14 rides at Thorpe Park is good for the summer, concidering the staff have no idea how to manage queuelines and make them go quicker.

:Hazel
24-08-2007, 04:36 PM
damn stealth wasnt working when i went 3 weeks ago :(

Xarea
24-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Haha, I wonder if Merlin will still have Dream Ticket for all the 6+ month-ers.

lScottl
24-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Adam, get your facts straight, they didn't sell it at ALL.

The Merlin Entertainments Group and The Tussauds Group have come together to form the World’s No 2 Attraction Company

Idiot.

Ashley 12344
24-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Taken from Tesco and lastminute - Thorpe Park is the UK’s most thrilling theme park.

Probably because their trying to flog you some offer or summit.

Going Alton Towers this Thursday :)

velocity
24-08-2007, 09:15 PM

The Merlin Entertainments Group and The Tussauds Group have come together to form the World’s No 2 Attraction Company

Idiot.

you've really picked the wrong people to argue about this subject with ;s

Decapitated!
24-08-2007, 09:19 PM
i prefer alton

Adam!
24-08-2007, 09:19 PM

Idiot.

The Tussuads group was SOLD. You not think that someone on the Alton Towers customer council would know that it's been sold? - Granted the Tussauds website does say that, however I suggest you do your research before calling me an idiot. The only idiot around here is you! :)

They have not come together at all, how come everything is now branded "MERLIN ALTON TOWERS, MERLIN THORPE PARK" etc.. Think before you speak, idiot.

I am a Merlin Annual Pass holder too, so I've proberbly visted Merlin attractions more already more than you will in your lifetime.. I take a huge intrest in Merlin so I keep up to date with all the news etc.

What I suggest is you go away to your 1 visit to a Merlin attraction once a year and come back when you actually know when things have changed, you've proberbly not realised that Stealth was modified this year to make it's launch speed faster - Thats how much of a complete n00b you are to the themepark industry and know nothing.

velocity
24-08-2007, 09:24 PM
just to back up & crarify adams statements;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6419019.stm

piddle2k6
25-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Yer adam is kinda the wrong guy to argue about themeparks with ^^

When i went, i went on
"the big three" - like 11 times between them.
Not bad for summer

Ashley 12344
25-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Yer adam is kinda the wrong guy to argue about themeparks with ^^

When i went, i went on
"the big three" - like 11 times between them.
Not bad for summer

Never seen him before, but your right :O

lScottl
27-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Oh really? Adam is the biggest theme park fan on the forum? Well I can see most of you dont know much about me.

Ed.
27-08-2007, 12:02 PM
When I went:

Stealth: 1
Colossus: 1
Detonator: 1
Nemisis Inferno: 1
Quantum: 1
Rush: 1
Samurai: 1
Slammer: 1
Tidal Wave: 1
Vortex: 1
Zodiac: 1
Depth Charge: 1
Loggers Leap: 1
Ribena Rumba Rapids: 1

And that was on a good day when it was hot etc

velocity
27-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Oh really? Adam is the biggest theme park fan on the forum? Well I can see most of you dont know much about me.
lol, coming from the person who didnt even know merlin entertainments now have full control over it, i know a lot more then you, let alone adam.

sarey
27-08-2007, 02:21 PM
omg vortex is awesome!!

lScottl
27-08-2007, 03:36 PM
omg vortex is awesome!!

Since bigger rides, like Rush, Stealth etc... have come in, I have come to not take an interest in Vortex that much, even though other people must prefer it, the queue is always longer than Rush's queue.

sarey
27-08-2007, 03:56 PM
yeah but vortex is soo cool!
itslike
WWWEEEEEEEEEE
:D
I loved it.
I loved rush and stealth and all that stuff, but the first time i went on vortex it was awesome.

Rcss
27-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Never been would like to go though :)

benjamin
27-08-2007, 04:11 PM
alton towers owns thorpe park, hands down.

dirrty
27-08-2007, 04:18 PM
ive never been thorpe park but if i had to decide between thorpe park and alton towers, deffo alton towers as when i go i tend to go to the hotel & water park aswell and its soooo good.

Adam!
27-08-2007, 06:02 PM
lololololol

charlie we should buy alton towers, im sure the bank manager will lend us the money

we can just stand at the entrance stopping all the chavs coming in

velocity
27-08-2007, 06:04 PM
we'd so do a better job then they do already.

Adam!
27-08-2007, 06:36 PM
we'd so do a better job then they do already.
we'd actually get security

rather than two 80 year old men that drive around in a lame van!

redtummy
28-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Hello :)

I work for one of the Merlin attractions and figured I would join in the conversation / argument about Merlin and Tussauds :P

Basically, The Dubai Capitol company that recently bought the Tussauds company sold 80% of the company to Merlin for £1 billion, keeping hold of 20% of the company. Although, I think it was marketed as a merger, it was more of an acquisition on behalf of the Merlin company.

However, last month, Merlin sold the freeholds of 4 of the previous Tussauds attractions (not inc Chessington) to a private investor.. i can't remember his name sorry... look on google i guess, im too lazy :p So the attractions are owned by a private company man but are still run by Merlin.

I *think* this is accurate as I remember from a letter that I recently recieved, but I chucked it away ;( Please don't flame me if I am wrong lol

Peace.

PS - Thorpe Park beats all :eusa_danc

Adam!
28-08-2007, 07:19 PM
The blokes name who it was sold to is called Chris I think.

You obviousaly work for Thorpe Park therefore claim it to be good, however really you know just how crap it is :P

I have a copy of the letter you recieved somewhere, I'll try dig it out.

velocity
28-08-2007, 07:20 PM
"You obviousaly work for Thorpe Park therefore claim it to be good, however really you know just how crap it is"

..thats what i do, & i dont even work there ]:

lScottl
28-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Hello :)

I work for one of the Merlin attractions and figured I would join in the conversation / argument about Merlin and Tussauds :P

Basically, The Dubai Capitol company that recently bought the Tussauds company sold 80% of the company to Merlin for £1 billion, keeping hold of 20% of the company. Although, I think it was marketed as a merger, it was more of an acquisition on behalf of the Merlin company.

However, last month, Merlin sold the freeholds of 4 of the previous Tussauds attractions (not inc Chessington) to a private investor.. i can't remember his name sorry... look on google i guess, im too lazy :p So the attractions are owned by a private company man but are still run by Merlin.

I *think* this is accurate as I remember from a letter that I recently recieved, but I chucked it away ;( Please don't flame me if I am wrong lol

Peace.

PS - Thorpe Park beats all :eusa_danc

I dont know wether to beileve you, have you any proof you work for Merlin?

velocity
yeah, ive seen that letter lol

Adam!
"You obviousaly work for Thorpe Park therefore claim it to be good, however really you know just how crap it is"

..thats what i do, & i dont even work there ]:
Ye, you know it's crap mate.

Charlie, go to Thorpe and get me blonde Lisas number xo

If he really does, then he'll have no problem with giving me his staff ID number and I will check it on the system the next time im in Magic HQ at Alton Towers ;)

velocity
28-08-2007, 07:24 PM
i only talk to the brunette lisa, sorry.

lScottl
28-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Ye, you know it's crap mate.

Charlie, go to Thorpe and get me blonde Lisas number xo

If he really does, then he'll have no problem with giving me his staff ID number and I will check it on the system the next time im in Magic HQ at Alton Towers ;)

Do you work at Alton Towers or something, sorry I'm not the best at Alton Towers stuff, lol.

velocity
28-08-2007, 07:30 PM
nar, hes just an alton neek.

Adam!
28-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Do you work at Alton Towers or something, sorry I'm not the best at Alton Towers stuff, lol.
Alton Towers customer council, access to most things staff have :P - Computer system to check park statistics and things.

lScottl
28-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Alton Towers customer council, access to most things staff have :P - Computer system to check park statistics and things.

Sounds cool, I wouldnt mind having that for Thorpe Park.

velocity
28-08-2007, 07:36 PM
thorpe are too oblivious to customers needs, therefore we dont have one.

lScottl
28-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Lol, Colossus needs a repaint, it looks crap.

velocity
28-08-2007, 07:42 PM
intamin used paint thats apprently ment to last 10 years or so. you wont be seeing anything repainted anytime soon.

JackBuddy
15-09-2007, 12:16 PM
thorpe are too oblivious to customers needs, therefore we dont have one.
They do, the reason we got slammer was cos everyone went mad for an S&S sky swat. Hopefully Merlin will shake up the park managment of Chessington, Alton Towers & Thorpe Park... and put more effort in when it comes to maintaning / installing rides.

ps hi adam! long time no see!

Matt,
15-09-2007, 07:06 PM
I thought that thope park was owned by blacks privet equity investments or something who also owned merlin and brought them togeather?

Sorry if im wrong but thats the impression the guy gave who presented a talk to us :S

EDIT: sorry it was blackstones

Mortalized
15-09-2007, 07:20 PM
isnt rush the pendulam type ride?
that owns D:

Sammeth.
15-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Well Pleasure Beach, Blackpool is the most visited park in the UK, and 11th in the world, where as Alton Towers and Thorpe Park didnt even make the top 25. So imo, Blackpool must pwn everything :P

Never been to Thorpe Park though, so yaknow! As long as you enjoyed yourself <3

vfkk
15-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Fun. :P
I live in the USA, so I like to go to Six Flags.

Soka
15-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Fun. :P
I live in the USA, so I like to go to Six Flags.

ive being there, its ace

anyway IMO i think themeparks in the US own thorpe park tbh, with rides like shekra at bush gardens

Adam!
15-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Well Pleasure Beach, Blackpool is the most visited park in the UK, and 11th in the world, where as Alton Towers and Thorpe Park didnt even make the top 25. So imo, Blackpool must pwn everything :P

Never been to Thorpe Park though, so yaknow! As long as you enjoyed yourself <3
Blackpool is a typical british holiday destination though.. I can't imagine people going on holiday to ermm Stoke-on-Trent, can you? ;)

Plus, USA parks own all of our parks including Alton Towers. I mean look at the theming in Orlando parks, Universal, Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Disney.. Amazing parks.

JackBuddy
15-09-2007, 08:23 PM
People VISIT blackpool pleasure beach cos there's no entrance fee. I bet half of them ride the rides. I find blackpool pleasure beach tacky tbh. America get better rides because there are less planning rules, with america being so large. You also have to remember how expensive things are in the UK, Colossus cost the same as Top Thrill Dragster I *think*

Sammeth.
15-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Blackpool is a typical british holiday destination though.. I can't imagine people going on holiday to ermm Stoke-on-Trent, can you? ;)

Plus, USA parks own all of our parks including Alton Towers. I mean look at the theming in Orlando parks, Universal, Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Disney.. Amazing parks.

Im always in Stoke-on-Trent me!! Or maybe not...I understand what you mean about it being a holiday destination, but you either want to go to their theme park or not. A lot of people holiday there either for the park, or not for the park. I get what Im trying to say in my head...but Im not typing sense. So forgive me.

And US parks to own all of our parks. But thats cus they pump so much money into it. Tbh, Im not too fussed about scenery. I mean, in the queue its nice because it makes it less boring, but the ride itself I cant care less. As long as its a good ride, and as long as I get off alive, Im happy! :P

People VISIT blackpool pleasure beach cos there's no entrance fee. I bet half of them ride the rides. I find blackpool pleasure beach tacky tbh. America get better rides because there are less planning rules, with america being so large. You also have to remember how expensive things are in the UK, Colossus cost the same as Top Thrill Dragster I *think*

Figures are based on people who buy wristbands or tickets for rides. Last year BPB pulled in 6million and Alton Towers only got 2.5million. Although I agree that Blackpool itself is tacky, the park is actually quite nice. I only went on August and the rides are great, the park is clean and the ice shows are amazing.

Adam!
16-09-2007, 10:25 AM
I like BPB anyway lol! - But it is a bit tacky, it's not all that clean and you have to go through a metal detector to get in..........

But it has wooden rollercoasters and one of the best dark water rides in the world.

Alton Towers lacks shows - But based on customer feedback, people didn't go to a themepark to watch shows and 82% said they wouldn't see them.

Going back to what I said about Blackpool being a holiday destination, weather or not you go there intending to go to BPB - Most people will go anyway.. I mean, it's infront of you, it looks good.. So your going to go, right?

Any person that has a intrest in themeparks will tell you that theming is god - Yes you can build a rollercoaster and paint it red, then what? - It needs a story line and theming, without it - it's boring.

Just look at Rita, it has a story line.. Kinda, it has little theming and it was put in the wrong place - It totally destroyed Ugland.

piddle2k6
16-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Thats whats good about TP. With exception of Colosus, tidal wave, Stealth and Nemesis (kinda) have all got great theming. Eg Tidal wave - The church etc. Stealth- something Raceway. The only bad thing is that annoying radio XD

I quite like X;No way outs theming but the ride aint too great

JackBuddy
16-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Thing is though 1 ride could be 2 pounds and most people probably only go on a few rides. Wheras Theme Parks get £25+ per guest.

Thorpe Park's theming isn't up to scratch, Tussauds never pay much attention to it anymore... which is why I hope Merlin will change this.

The old plans for Stealth looked so much better! :(

Adam!
16-09-2007, 11:34 AM
The theming in ANY UK Merlin park is poor, nothing fantastic about any of it.

The only ride that I can say WOW too is Hex at Alton Towers, now that really is a remarkable masterpiece.

Hi Jack btw!

ViRgIn
16-09-2007, 11:53 AM
im sorry but this thread is a JOKE, lol@the people geting all worked up over theme parks.

shiver
16-09-2007, 12:06 PM
it's called promotion, you moron. as in it's meant to make people go. it doesn't necessarily mean it's true (which it isn't).

seattlegrace
16-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Oh my lord, seriously. People not being able to know the difference between blatant truth and promotion, arguing over customer services, which rides are better? Save people reading all the crap you're typing and shut up about the over-charging pieces of crap you call theme parks.

Meredith Bouvier,
Resident Neighbourhood Watch Committee President.

Adam!
16-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Oh my lord, seriously. People not being able to know the difference between blatant truth and promotion, arguing over customer services, which rides are better? Save people reading all the crap you're typing and shut up about the over-charging pieces of crap you call theme parks.

Meredith Bouvier,
Resident Neighbourhood Watch Committee President.
Overcharging?

I find the Merlin Annual Pass @ £95/£75 a year fantastic value for money.. http://www.annual-pass.com/

If you don't like it, don't read the thread.

seattlegrace
16-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Overcharging?

I find the Merlin Annual Pass @ £95/£75 a year fantastic value for money.. http://www.annual-pass.com/

If you don't like it, don't read the thread.

Yes, overcharging. I find that price to be atrocious, especially when *text removed* like yourself are going for it. I can read any thread I want, whether I like or dislike it, just to laugh at the responses! I mean seriously, obsessing over theme parks...What is with that?!

Thankyou.

Edit by mattmeister (Forum Moderator) - Please do not use offensive language to offend others.

Xarea
16-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Yes, overcharging. I find that price to be atrocious, especially when *text removed* are going for it. I can read any thread I want, whether I like or dislike it, just to laugh at the responses! I mean seriously, obsessing over theme parks...What is with that?!

Thankyou.

Woah, what's with all the insults?

I think the AP is brilliant, i've had it for 3 years in a row.

Sammeth.
16-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Yes, overcharging. I find that price to be atrocious, especially when *text removed* are going for it. I can read any thread I want, whether I like or dislike it, just to laugh at the responses! I mean seriously, obsessing over theme parks...What is with that?!

Thankyou.

1) People are allowed to have different opinions. Its called a bit of a debate...
2) I find that price great.
3) I think the insult is a tad harsh, dont you?
4) Some people enjoy theme parks and like talking about them. Some people enjoy music, and like talking about it. Some people like television and like to talk about it. Its appealing to different audiences. You may not like it, but that doesnt mean others shouldn't.

JackBuddy
16-09-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm on my 6th AP courtesy of TESCO ;D
Oh, Merlin theming isn't bad... they transformed the dungeons and legoland has lots of it.

Adam!
16-09-2007, 05:38 PM

Thankyou.
*text removed*

Edit by mattmeister (Forum Moderator) - Please do not insult other members.

le harry
17-09-2007, 01:54 PM
*text removed*

thts nt nice :(

seattlegrace
17-09-2007, 02:09 PM
1) People are allowed to have different opinions. Its called a bit of a debate...
2) I find that price great.
3) I think the insult is a tad harsh, dont you?
4) Some people enjoy theme parks and like talking about them. Some people enjoy music, and like talking about it. Some people like television and like to talk about it. Its appealing to different audiences. You may not like it, but that doesnt mean others shouldn't.

1. "A bit of a debate." Yeah, sure...
2. It's overpriced for the likes of Adam.
3. No.
4. I disagree.

*text removed*

*text removed*

Edit by mattmeister (Forum Moderator) - Please do not insult other forum members.

Adam!
17-09-2007, 03:22 PM
No it's not overpriced for me, you idiot.. I'd quiet willingly pay £500 for an annual pass "/

*text removed*So what, get over it? - Nobody cares! :)

Loqo
17-09-2007, 09:07 PM
I'd like to go to Thorpe Park basically to do Stealth and Nemesis Inferno. I have done absaloute every ride at Alton Towers and want to go either their or Flamingo Land next.

Sammeth.
17-09-2007, 09:53 PM
1. "A bit of a debate." Yeah, sure...
2. It's overpriced for the likes of Adam.
3. No.
4. I disagree.

Well it is a debate, thats fact:

public meeting for discussion: an organized or public discussion of something

I would say its a public discussion, so therefor can be classed as a debate :D

and just because you dont like something you think others shouldnt either, and everyone should agree with you? Thats shallow, egotistical and really quite pathetic really! Maybe when you grow up, you'll understand :)

Adam!
17-09-2007, 09:57 PM
I'd like to go to Thorpe Park basically to do Stealth and Nemesis Inferno. I have done absaloute every ride at Alton Towers and want to go either their or Flamingo Land next.
Flamingolands not so bad now it has 2 alrightish coasters.

Kumali is very good and VERY smooth for a Vekoma coaster! :) - Velocity is okay, but it's rather painful.

JackBuddy
18-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Flamingoland doesn't appeal to me one bit.

Xarea
18-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Do imitation theme parks annoy anyone else here?

If you live in Essex or London, you must know Adventure Island in Southend, it's like someone thought in the middle of a coffee break at a desk job "Hey - what would happen if we bought 25 funfair rides and put them all in one big bit of land."

They seriously annoy me. No decent coasters or thrills.

JackBuddy
19-09-2007, 05:14 PM
I'd class it as a permanent funfair, I don't think it calls itself a theme park.

lScottl
19-09-2007, 07:02 PM
1. BPB has had more time to get more customers.

2. American theme parks are better than ours due to having more land, and less height restrictions. And less people who go "******* TOO MUCH ******* NOISE I MOVED HERE 5 YEARS AFTER THE PARK WAS BUILT BUT IM STILL COMPLAINING BECAUSE IM A ******* ******* ****!!!!!!*+*+*+!111"

JackBuddy
19-09-2007, 08:17 PM
1. BPB has had more time to get more customers.

2. American theme parks are better than ours due to having more land, and less height restrictions. And less people who go "******* TOO MUCH ******* NOISE I MOVED HERE 5 YEARS AFTER THE PARK WAS BUILT BUT IM STILL COMPLAINING BECAUSE IM A ******* ******* ****!!!!!!*+*+*+!111"
plus everything is so much cheaper, Colossus cost just as much as Top Thrill Dragster...

JackBuddy
05-10-2007, 04:53 PM
http://hauntedattractions.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=279&Itemid=34
Oooh... spooky. ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!