PDA

View Full Version : Distinction in DiDA

Soil
23-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Woo, 4 A*'s in DiDA! xD And my ICT teacher said it was impossible to get A*. Well I did kind of stay up till 3am for the last 4 months before deadline trying to finish it (and I am being serious :p).

I never thought I would finish it.

Last year, only 39-52 people in the whole country (out of like 18 000) got A* in DiDA so I think I did pretty well :p

Did anyone else do DiDA? What did you get?

VPSwow
23-08-2007, 09:12 PM
gratz :)

,Jess,
23-08-2007, 09:15 PM
I didn't do that but wow, what you got sounds really good well done :]

Aflux
23-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Right, DiDA marking is so unfair.

The people who know everything about computers get jack, whereas the 'suck-ups' get a/a*'s.

Soil
23-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Right, DiDA marking is so unfair.

The people who know everything about computers get jack, whereas the 'suck-ups' get a/a*'s.

Actually, my work was pretty good :p I spent day and night (sounds sad but meh), trying to finish DiDA. I used to be up untill 3am most nights before the deadline.

Also, if you make it good and fit for the purpose, you will get the marks. The moderators are well cruel though. They mark you down if they find a single spelling mistake. I think DiDA should be more about the things you can make rather than planning stuff etc.

And the moderators dont know if you are a suck up or not >.> And the fact that a maximum of 52 people got A* last year kind of prooves its hard.

luke-p
23-08-2007, 09:37 PM
I think its boring and tedious, and people loose interest and I think that's why there aren't many A*s

Oh and well done by the way...

Soil
23-08-2007, 09:39 PM
I hated that subject. Too much written work. Plan, review, feedback .. bah boring.

Aflux
23-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Actually, my work was pretty good :p I spent day and night (sounds sad but meh), trying to finish DiDA. I used to be up untill 3am most nights before the deadline.

Also, if you make it good and fit for the purpose, you will get the marks. The moderators are well cruel though. They mark you down if they find a single spelling mistake. I think DiDA should be more about the things you can make rather than planning stuff etc.

And the moderators dont know if you are a suck up or not >.> And the fact that a maximum of 52 people got A* last year kind of prooves its hard.
Most people do, it's just like, my class is so much like what I said and our teacher marked ours so it was pretty favourtism.

I'm happy with what I got [4B's] but I could've gotten better if a moderator marked it.

Soil
23-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Most people do, it's just like, my class is so much like what I said and our teacher marked ours so it was pretty favourtism.

I'm happy with what I got [4B's] but I could've gotten better if a moderator marked it.

Moderators mark a few entries from each school. But for our school, he/she marked it all as most people dropped down to CiDA.

If the moderators think your teacher was unfair while marking it, he can bring the whole schools grades up or down. The teachers have to be strict. Well ours was while he marked it.

Aflux
23-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Moderators mark a few entries from each school. But for our school, he/she marked it all as most people dropped down to CiDA.

If the moderators think your teacher was unfair while marking it, he can bring the whole schools grades up or down. The teachers have to be strict. Well ours was while he marked it.
Trust me, it wasn't co-incidence that pupils from his form got A/A*'s.

samsaBEAR
23-08-2007, 11:59 PM
congrats, im doing dida now, just finished the first two units, using ICT and the enterprise one. i got a B, or whatever the equivalent is (i cant remember) for the first, and the second is yet to be marked

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!