PDA

View Full Version : [THE BIG WEEKLY QUESTION] Did Mr. Bubbles Barge In?/ Announcement

Fez
25-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Good evening everyone, a day late (I had my cousin round and had to get to the last boss in BioShock). The midnight release of BioShock wasn't good, about 3 people queueing for it?, anyway, due to not enough Informer Input, the informer will be cancelled until further notice.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

BioShock is the greatest game I have ever played, it rivals Shadow Of The Collusus. Anyway, this week's question is..

Did BioShock live up to the hype

Personally I think that it did live up to all the hype, after getting the final boss and preparing my shotgun I've gone on a journey through plot twists and general kabooms in emotion. BioShock's weapon system works very well, though I can barely find any Ammo...

It's a real shooter.

mangle
25-08-2007, 01:55 PM
I think it did tbh.
Im about to go after Ryan , shorter than I expected though :]

Johno
25-08-2007, 01:57 PM
According to what I have seen, I would say it had. But I havent played the full game so I couldnt really say.

.:; Johno

Oni
25-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Mmmmm, its good but not brilliant, I read about it like 2 years ago in a magazine so I would say no and would personally rather play unreal tournament or red steel instead

mangle
25-08-2007, 04:20 PM
My bad - longer than I though :]

Dont click spoilers if you arent that far ;]

I just killed Ryan! Who would've thought that Atlas wasn't real eh?!
I chose the save the little sister option , ended up in one of their hospitals!!

Fez
25-08-2007, 09:51 PM
@Mangle

Lol at the last boss

Neil
26-08-2007, 09:37 AM
I think it might of to some people but to a lot of people it wasn't really that great, I was never looking forward too it, wasn't interested and didn't care
I would much rather have some of the other games coming out that this to be honest
I may rent it some time but I donno, the demo wasn't really fun

Fez
26-08-2007, 04:50 PM
If you've gotten 90% through the game

Would you kindly give me your moneys?

I'm on my 2nd playthrough due to last time I couldn't defeat Fontaine because I had no ammo and rubbish plasmids

Neil
26-08-2007, 04:54 PM
If you've gotten 90% through the game

Would you kindly give me your moneys?

I'm on my 2nd playthrough due to last time I couldn't defeat Fontaine because I had no ammo and rubbish plasmids

Is it like, if you die it's game over or is it just REALLY hard for you? xD

Azul
27-08-2007, 09:03 AM
I think it definitely did. I haven't been able to play this game nearly as much as I could have. I've had friends over all weekend, so we've been playing multiplayer games and drinking.

mangle
27-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I dont know how far I am through the game :]

Lets just say I got all my plasmids back?

People who are far enough will understand!

ANDDD I love it when the little sisters give me a pressie :]

Fez
27-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Just completed it, with Little Sister Savier.

So there I was, Fontaine had blown me away once more, he was on his last ADAM and his guards and bots were advancing even more. I only had 1 medpack left, but loads of eve. To turn the tables I went to Guide Bar and put some music on... Somewhere Beyond The Sea by Frank Sinatra. After that I went back to the game, loaded myself with Eve and blasted everyone with Winter Blast 3, I then took out my only weapon - Chemical Thrower. I loaded it with loads of Electric Gel and charged into battle, I pounded Fontaine with everything I had, changing to Napalm and then just as I had no health, Fontaine fired his last ounce of power and I dived to the left, and fired with my pistol.

The Ending played ect.

BEST GAME EVER

Is it like, if you die it's game over or is it just REALLY hard for you? xD

You usually get revived in the nearby Vita Chamber, it's not hard for experinced FPS people (like myself) on Hard, it's easy on Medium, and I'm currently thinking Speedrunning the Easy mode.

Neil
28-08-2007, 03:42 PM
I wasn't impressed by the demo of this game but I'm pretty tempted to buy it because there is nothing else I really wanna buy at the moment, next weekend I should have enough money to get it, is it really worth paying £40?

Fez
28-08-2007, 06:21 PM
BioShock is an experince that can't be missed, it's worth every penny.

Neil
28-08-2007, 07:06 PM
BioShock is an experince that can't be missed, it's worth every penny.

Hm, if I get money next week then I'll buy it because I'm so bored xD

Azul
28-08-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm not being funny, but I can't see how you can't be impressed by this game. The graphics, gameplay, audio are all superb. With all those being so amazing the story is the best part of the game by FAR.

Fez
28-08-2007, 07:33 PM
I have to agree with Azul, the whole story is simply amazing, one part of it Would You Kindly? was simply so brilliant, so cunning and so unexpected it made the game 10/10 on it's own.

That's what some games miss nowadays - a good story.

mangle
28-08-2007, 07:35 PM
I have to agree with Azul, the whole story is simply amazing, one part of it Would You Kindly? was simply so brilliant, so cunning and so unexpected it made the game 10/10 on it's own.

That's what some games miss nowadays - a good story.
Yeah , and when you run in and see it scrolled in blood along with all your photos ;)

Also i keep seeing "ATLAS IS WATCHING" everywhere :S

But yeah , the story was pure brilliance , still havent finished due to other commitments but its amazing!

Andeeh
28-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Played Demo And Its Wicked :P

But I Dont Know Bout Full Version!

Fez
28-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Last boss is a bit of a let down though... I was expecting a hard as nails thing, all I got was a Little Sister (my description of the fight wasn't as epic as it seemed).

Neil
28-08-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm not being funny, but I can't see how you can't be impressed by this game. The graphics, gameplay, audio are all superb. With all those being so amazing the story is the best part of the game by FAR.

It just didn't appeal to me, it's graphics and audio were good but the game itself was just...Boring, I guess it's better in the retail version so I'll try pick it up next week

mangle
29-08-2007, 08:53 AM
It just didn't appeal to me, it's graphics and audio were good but the game itself was just...Boring, I guess it's better in the retail version so I'll try pick it up next week
The demo version is basically the first level with an extra plasmid , once you get past it it gets rather exciting!

Neil
29-08-2007, 09:05 AM
The demo version is basically the first level with an extra plasmid , once you get past it it gets rather exciting!

Ok, well I'm gonna try get it if I get money anyway, it does look better after the first level

mangle
29-08-2007, 11:38 AM
I just finished it!
I got this ending
Little sisters mauled him , one gave me the key and I grabbed her wrist.
I emerged from the water with all the splicers and a spider splicer jumped on a human
BAM END!! I think that was the bad people ending , although potential for a sequel!

Fez
29-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Yes that's the bad ending, you couldn't satisfy your lust for adam

Theres a nuke on the ship the spicers get on, nuke + splicers = kaboom!

mangle
29-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Yeah I just saw the good ending on Youtube :]

Assassins creed next!!

Fez
29-08-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm on my 3rd playthrough and I'm trying to reserch every single thing, I've already got Natural Camoflauge Physical Gene Tonic.

Azul
29-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Just completed the game. I resuced the Little Sisters so got the good ending, which is a touching ending, I think i'd prefer that out of the three! Such an awesome game, I really didn't wan't it to end.

Bioshock simply is the best game I have EVER played.

Fez
29-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Has anyone gotten to Sander Cohen's room?

You have to let him live, for more information just PM me

timROGERS
01-09-2007, 10:26 AM
It's an amazing game, I feel ashamed though cos I am just playing how I feel like :P

Neil
01-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Going to Cambridge to pick Bioshock up today or tomorrow, not sure xD

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!