PDA

View Full Version : The bright future of the USA.

-Wolverine
28-08-2007, 09:24 PM
This is Miss South Carolina from the 2007 Miss Teen USA competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some [this is the point where her eyes go wide and she seems to realize the trouble she's in ] ... people out there in our nation don't have maps and uh, I believe that our, ah, education like such as in South Africa, and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uh, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.

I'd still hit it. :eusa_whis

Kitsukaru
28-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Well, she has proven her point - and very well.
There are many things we could say about (some) Americans, but i'd rather not.

dirrty
28-08-2007, 09:32 PM
lmao i saw that a few days ago. hilarious. throughout it all i was like what??

bo$$
28-08-2007, 09:37 PM
LOL

yourpyros (45 seconds ago) (Reply) (Spam)
thank god she has a rack

Nightrose
28-08-2007, 10:06 PM
*** is she on about?
seriosuly

i could say so much about americans

Virgin Mary
28-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Americans just sing their national anthem all day at school and get told they're in the best country in the world. That's probably why.

Dentafrice,
28-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Americans just sing their national anthem all day at school and get told they're in the best country in the world. That's probably why.
No, I do find some of this offensive.
You think all americans are stupid idiots who don't even know where their country is?

There are alot of DUMB americans, and there are alot of smart ones.
America doesn't sing at school at all :\ I have some of the hardest classes there is, and there isn't any TIME for singing.

None of you seem to know even a tad bit about america.. I have lived here all my life and don't pretend to know ANYTHING about other countrys or their lifestyles.

America has some of the best education too, we are not all *****s.
Alot of people in America are smart people, and make it/have the potential to make it big.

Virgin Mary
28-08-2007, 10:44 PM
I watched mean girls it told me all I need to know "/

Dentafrice,
28-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Thats bratty paris hilton that are rich.

Infrontation
28-08-2007, 11:59 PM
It is rather a tough question, but she really messed it up with the very 'teenager like' uhs and repetitiveness(:D) to try and get the point across.

Virgin Mary
29-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Thats bratty paris hilton that are rich.
It's okay, she's a redneck anyway.

Dentafrice,
29-08-2007, 12:07 AM
thats not a redneck :P

Virgin Mary
29-08-2007, 12:09 AM
She's from South Carolina!!!! She probably voted George Bush into power.

Dentafrice,
29-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Who Paris hilton? She aint no redneck.

Virgin Mary
29-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Paris Hilton is a snail, the girl in that video is a redneck.

bo$$
29-08-2007, 01:21 AM

How would one movie with 5 or w/e little "beaches" in high school represent all of the us?

Virgin Mary
29-08-2007, 03:20 AM
How would one movie with 5 or w/e little "beaches" in high school represent all of the us?
Because it's like the best movie ever made. Either way I find most Americans are ignorantly patriotic.

RedStratocas
29-08-2007, 05:08 AM
You think all americans are stupid idiots who don't even know where their country is?

America doesn't sing at school at all :\ I have some of the hardest classes there is, and there isn't any TIME for singing.

None of you seem to know even a tad bit about america.. I have lived here all my life and don't pretend to know ANYTHING about other countrys or their lifestyles.

Alot of people in America are smart people, and make it/have the potential to make it big.

i <3 american stereotypes. i think its hilarious. and i'm american. we do the pledge of allegiance at school.

and lololololololol at the sentence "i have some of the hardest classes there IS" and proving the stereotype.

and im pretty sure the fact that a lot of americans have "made it big" is actually another stereotype.

Eamonn
29-08-2007, 11:58 AM

the brit celebs r takin over america slowly now soz.

Dan2nd
29-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Lol is it me or did she not answer the question asked?

OMGitsaROSS
29-08-2007, 03:50 PM
lol. i admit some americans are decent and smart, but the majority are *****. You watch some of these Youtube videos of people beeinh told ot find places on a map and being on the wrong side of the world, it does explain it really. But there are some smart Americans such as Bill Gates. However, the majority are dumb as proved by voting Bush as President again,

RedStratocas
29-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Lol is it me or did she not answer the question asked?

that was kinda the whole point of the video. a bit slow aren't we?

lol. i admit some americans are decent and smart, but the majority are *****. You watch some of these Youtube videos of people beeinh told ot find places on a map and being on the wrong side of the world, it does explain it really. But there are some smart Americans such as Bill Gates. However, the majority are dumb as proved by voting Bush as President again,

if you've ever been to the u.s., you'd know thats not true. that video where they ask people where countries are and people are way off; do you think they showed ALL the people they asked? i'm sure that they asked hundreds of people, and most of them could at least come semi-close to the country asked. but they chose to show the relatively few people who are ridiculously off to make it look like the majority of americans are that stupid in geography.

& as for voting bush president again, that was 3 years ago. people were still scared about another terrorist attack, and unfortunately john kerry didn't quite prove himself as a strong-terrorism fighter, so we voted georgy back in. but don't think that the majority want him president. his approval rating is in the low 30's or high 20's.

-Wolverine
29-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Btw the thread title is a joke, i'm not being serious. In the US, for every ******* like miss south carolina, there is an intelligent person.

OMGitsaROSS
29-08-2007, 08:32 PM
lol strato, i agree. every country has them, and its obvious the USA have smart people, how else would they be at the top of the tech ladder?

Redmoon Evil
29-08-2007, 08:34 PM
I would of just said that more than a fifth of americans are either children or miss carolina enthusiasts

-Wolverine
29-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I'd still hit it. :eusa_whis

If that did actually happen, i'd run away soon after and she'd never be able to find me. You need mapping skills for that.

Browney
29-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Ah, every country has sterotypes on other countries. I like to play up to the british "jolly good" sterotype. On holiday we were sharing a balcony with some americans and in the morning I would shout my mum for the crumpets, tea and jam. Failing that, we would complain of the lack of crumpets in Greece and over used the word "spiffing." :P

:Hazel
29-08-2007, 09:53 PM
shoot her.

Invent
29-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Americans are ignorant, loud people.

Yes that is a stereotype, but from all the American people I've spoken to/met, it proves it's damn true.

RedStratocas
30-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Ah, every country has sterotypes on other countries. I like to play up to the british "jolly good" sterotype. On holiday we were sharing a balcony with some americans and in the morning I would shout my mum for the crumpets, tea and jam. Failing that, we would complain of the lack of crumpets in Greece and over used the word "spiffing." :P

ah, i love playing on stereotypes. i was talking to a girl from england once who had never talked to an american before. it was pretty fun. i told her i just had 5 big macs [as opposed to 7 because i'm on a diet], was watching the oc, and was polishing my new gun with the safety off.

goooooood times.

Americans are ignorant, loud people.

Yes that is a stereotype, but from all the American people I've spoken to/met, it proves it's damn true.

HI HOW ARE YOU?! MY NAME IS SAM! CAN YOU POUR ME SOME JOLLY GOOD TEA?!

Kitsukaru
30-08-2007, 12:38 AM
I see many opinions.
I am not American, but i know not ALL are like Paris Hilton.
The fact is - you get some "Dumb" and some "Smart", as you do
in all countries. It's just that the "dumb" ones somehow find themselves huge Hollywood contracts.

Duck Hunt
30-08-2007, 01:33 AM
**** All Of You who Are Calling Americans Stupid? Im An American? We Dont Get Told We're the Best Country.. Etc.. ;l Really Just **** You Go Away Good Bye

Mr.Sam
30-08-2007, 02:01 AM
i think this video goes well with this thread.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

.:Normal...
30-08-2007, 02:30 AM
Well, me being American could always show you the other video to that one ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w_mkwB9ayK4&NR=1 (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w_mkwB9ayK4&NR=1)

nvrspk4
30-08-2007, 02:37 AM
Right, I'm the first to call the fat, stupid, and arrogant capital of the world, simply because we have more than any of you European countries, simply because our population is larger. If there's one bad egg in every dozen, the more dozens you get, the more bad eggs you get. Its simple logic. Its all fun and well to watch these videos (which are hugely biased, some of those people are actually paid) but its really idiotic when people start citing Mean Girls as the basis of American Lifestyle.

Then you must be pretty satisfied with being ignorant, because that represents the rich snobbish bratty portion of America. Its the equivalent of watching a movie about burberry and labeling all of Britain Chavs.

Because it's like the best movie ever made. Either way I find most Americans are ignorantly patriotic.

How are they ignorantly patriotic pray tell?

That video is rigged matey. They interviewed 200 people and cut out the people with the right answer. Plus, most of them were paid, proved and refuted in this video:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w_mkwB9ayK4&NR=1

Oh yeah, and if Americans are so stupid, why do we control 59% of the world's wealth? And that with only 6% of the world's population. (That is to say, the 6% of the population has 59% of the world's wealth, all 6% are American, not that only 6% of the worlds population are American, ALTHOUGH North + South America (that's Canada, US, and South America) account for only 14% of the world population. Additionally, why is it so damned hard for Brits to get A's in school? :rolleyes: And apparently its not the 90% range to 100% for an A, and you can pass with below a 65% (of course, this is what I heard, and could be flawed.) Does that make all of Britain stupid?

People who actually believe the spoof media and find it fun to arrogantly and ignorantly denounce America as 99% "Mean Girls" are no better than what they accuse us of being.

[/rant]

Virgin Mary
30-08-2007, 04:04 AM
How are they ignorantly patriotic pray tell?
Need I go beyond most of the posts in this thread? The fact the government tries to put the country out like it's the Jesus Christ of countries probably doesn't help. Look at me, I enjoy a spot of tea and eat crumpets all day whilst watching polo and horseriding CARE TO JOIN ME OLD BEAN?????

nvrspk4
30-08-2007, 04:57 AM
Need I go beyond most of the posts in this thread? The fact the government tries to put the country out like it's the Jesus Christ of countries probably doesn't help. Look at me, I enjoy a spot of tea and eat crumpets all day whilst watching polo and horseriding CARE TO JOIN ME OLD BEAN?????

I love how you didn't reply to any of the other parts of the post :rolleyes: Yes, you must go beyond the posts in this thread. Here's why. Most of those posts were in response to your biased statement that America was full of characters straight out of "Mean Girls" :rolleyes: Thus they responded with an equal prejudice, not to mean that they believe it, however indeed to show you the British equivalent of your obvious stereotyping. The government does not put itself out as the Jesus Christ of countries, I'd love to know where you pulled that out of. Over 50% of Americans will agree that Bush is idiotic, myself included. That doesn't mean the country is.

RedStratocas
30-08-2007, 05:54 AM
**** All Of You who Are Calling Americans Stupid? Im An American? We Dont Get Told We're the Best Country.. Etc.. ;l Really Just **** You Go Away Good Bye

you aren't doing a very good job at disproving them. for one thing, you're capitalizing the first letter of every word which IS bad grammar [and i don't know why people think otherwise] and you're putting question marks at the end of sentences that aren't questions. not to mention that was possibly the worst rebuttal i have ever witnessed.

again, that's just a major edited video. they probably interviewed hundreds of people to answer questions, but notice they keep showing the same dozen or so people over and over again. if someone answers a question with a dumb answer, it's more likely they'll answer something else with a dumb answer. so they keep asking them questions.

i hate to call you guys out and take this too seriously. i enjoy american stereotypes if you don't actually think them to be arrogance. and by the way, i've met plenty of UK people; you guys aren't all bowls of brain power and understanding yourselves.

-Wolverine
30-08-2007, 08:28 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KxmHEGy7JUU

Look at this.

Dan2nd
30-08-2007, 12:00 PM
that was kinda the whole point of the video. a bit slow aren't we?

oh... lol :P

I wouldn't say all americans are dumb we have plenty of dumb people in the UK Jade Goody, me , 60% of boys at GCSE level

Mr.Sam
30-08-2007, 12:01 PM
The fact that most of those questions are incorrect and he asked kids.. :)

irish currency, depends if he means northern or southen
British flag questions - that is the union jack for the united kingdom.
There are like none car manufacturers in the uk so i doubt most people could name one.
He is asking like 60+ year olds about schools...
Wimbledon stadium is a dog racing track
And then a brain teaser.

Well, me being American could always show you the other video to that one ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w_mkwB9ayK4&NR=1 (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w_mkwB9ayK4&NR=1)

Virgin Mary
30-08-2007, 12:28 PM
I love how you didn't reply to any of the other parts of the post :rolleyes: Yes, you must go beyond the posts in this thread. Here's why. Most of those posts were in response to your biased statement that America was full of characters straight out of "Mean Girls" :rolleyes: Thus they responded with an equal prejudice, not to mean that they believe it, however indeed to show you the British equivalent of your obvious stereotyping. The government does not put itself out as the Jesus Christ of countries, I'd love to know where you pulled that out of. Over 50% of Americans will agree that Bush is idiotic, myself included. That doesn't mean the country is.
So why are you off to Iraq instead of sorting your own country out? "/!

RedStratocas
30-08-2007, 02:19 PM
The fact that most of those questions are incorrect and he asked kids.. :)

irish currency, depends if he means northern or southen
British flag questions - that is the union jack for the united kingdom.
There are like none car manufacturers in the uk so i doubt most people could name one.
He is asking like 60+ year olds about schools...
Wimbledon stadium is a dog racing track
And then a brain teaser.

lol @ the sentence "there are like none car manufacturers in the uk". and 60 isnt that old. they should still know a thing or two about schools.

the fact remains that both videos show some stupid people in the countries, but neither of them are very accurate.

So why are you off to Iraq instead of sorting your own country out? "/!

well americans were lied to about the war in iraq. and there are indeed a few flaws in the american system, and it is quite hard to overrule or overthrow a president so stubborn on keeping his plan. trust me, it's argued about over here every day.

Virgin Mary
30-08-2007, 03:10 PM
well americans were lied to about the war in iraq. and there are indeed a few flaws in the american system, and it is quite hard to overrule or overthrow a president so stubborn on keeping his plan. trust me, it's argued about over here every day.
What if the Queen overthrows the President then removes the USA's independency?

Jõnathan
30-08-2007, 03:57 PM
America's screwed then.

RedStratocas
30-08-2007, 08:03 PM

well as the president said himself, she was born in the 1700's. i'm pretty sure he could take her.

Jõnathan
30-08-2007, 08:05 PM
well as the president said himself, she was born in the 1700's. i'm pretty sure he could take her.
WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?
THE QUEEN IS OVER 300?!??!?!?!?!
George Bush is taking somethin' GOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

RedStratocas
30-08-2007, 08:48 PM
WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?
THE QUEEN IS OVER 300?!??!?!?!?!
George Bush is taking somethin' GOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

haha, it was a slip up, but it was still funny. he was like "she was last here in 17-- i mean 1970"

Virgin Mary
30-08-2007, 09:34 PM
lolol, George Bush is a simple hick, the Queen is some almighty German, she'd merk him.

Browney
30-08-2007, 09:47 PM
ah, i love playing on stereotypes. i was talking to a girl from england once who had never talked to an american before. it was pretty fun. i told her i just had 5 big macs [as opposed to 7 because i'm on a diet], was watching the oc, and was polishing my new gun with the safety off.

goooooood times.

Haha, that's a good one. I like that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!