PDA

View Full Version : Tortoise Sitting

Dj_dude007
29-08-2007, 02:05 PM
My aunty has gone on holiday and has asked me to look after her two tortoises lol! They are so much work! I have to go down every day to feed them, make sure they got water, clean out the poop, make sure they warm and water the plants where I get the food from!

I thought I had killed one of them yesterday as it wasn't moving at all, so I put him under the light which keeps them warm and he started moving luckily!

Anybody else got tortoise's?

:Hazel
29-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Nope, you should be paid for that. Sounds worse than sitting a kid ;)

Dj_dude007
29-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Well im getting £50 for two weeks. :)

Jord
01-09-2007, 08:37 PM
When I was on holiday I looked after one because it was hot Didnt need light :P all we gave him was food water etc a bed we kinda kool

GoldenMerc
02-09-2007, 12:15 AM
My freind had a tortoise he died but we used to feed him cabages and stuff like tomato's and make him slug around the garden looking for food,He used to play hide and seek aswell and he hid in the shoe box.

=gamemaster=
02-09-2007, 11:26 AM
AMG YOUR SITTING ON THE TORTOISSESS? :O cruel :P

Nah have fun :P

Neversoft
05-09-2007, 12:24 AM
My auntie (who lives in france) has three tortoises. :) Two males and one female. One of the males and the female actually came from london. She had them in her garden when she lived there and because we don't have rabies or anything in England she could take the tortoises with her when she moved to France. My aunties boyfriend found the other tortoise on the side of the road. It is quite small while the others are a lot bigger. They stay in the garden so all they need is a peach or two to feed on during the week.

Janet Snakehole
05-09-2007, 08:11 AM
I have a tortoise! Its called Shelly! When I first got it about 4 years ago, it was the size of a 50 pence coin. Now its got alot bigger, and it can walk quite fast! :D
It loves lettuce, tomatos, dandelion weeds and pears!

=HeatWave=
05-09-2007, 08:20 AM
OMGZ SHELLY IS PHAT !!!!!!!

:) I know Dannii (Pl0x.) in R/L and have seeen SHELLLLLLLLY THE SEXY TORTOISE !

Ajax.
05-09-2007, 08:23 AM
The lady who lives near my nana , has one, dunno if hes still alive tho...

Jazza
09-09-2007, 04:14 AM
I don't have a tortoise but I used to have a terrapin (a type of turtle that lives in fresh water), so much fun to play with.

Dan2nd
09-09-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm being serious here ... my dad used to have a pet tortoise but it escaped and he hasn't seen it for like 30 years.. lol he actually went out looking for it but never found it so it may have died or someone may have found it he doesn't know so meh...

Loqo
09-09-2007, 04:33 PM
My Mums freind has one. We used to let in out in the garden while they were talking inside and we'd lose it, lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!