PDA

View Full Version : How do you get forums to be popular?

Proof!
31-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Hey guys, I just want to know right how the heck you get forums to become popular with members being active alot. Because im a forum manager on a fansite that has been around a while, and well the only thing im stuck with is just getting the place active. Anyone able to give me some tips or something?

Much appreciated <3
Matt

=gamemaster=
31-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Advertising, reputation, make yourself known, do some crazy stuff. Like if its a habbo fansite, get a rich person, ask them to join, get to know them, then make them staff, and then try make them do massive givaway!

Give people +Rep for joining from a different forum..!

England
31-08-2007, 12:13 PM
There's not much you can do, Habbox got popular because it was unique at the time, now there are loads of fansite forums and yours is just "another fansite forum", the best thing you can do is advertise loads and make your forum as interesting as possible.
A lot of people try to offer free VIP etc

GoldenMerc
31-08-2007, 12:18 PM
I suppose thats the 1 million pound question isnt it? Everyone would want to know how to get things popular but the easiest ways are,Do alot of events 5 a weeek,Make your forum nice,Be strict but not to strict i could go on but yano

Proof!
31-08-2007, 12:23 PM
No no please go on lol I dont care im taking everything in to account here :P I guess everything you do is easy, until you get to the point where you need members to keep it running. Ive got members! no doubt but it's not enough to keep it active if you know what I mean?

today
31-08-2007, 12:40 PM
- Events
- Comps
- Giveaways
- Advertise on other forums/fansites
- Buy advertisment space from others
- Decent style/skin/theme
- No crap
- Dont hire 'friends only' get new people they'll invite as they work there.

thats a few.

VPSwow
31-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Advertising, banners ect and referals.

Proof!
31-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Chears guys :) These are all very helpful :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!