PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a flash project

Oni
01-09-2007, 09:29 AM
I was looking throught 'the future of the web' topic yesterday in the debates forum and I commented in the future I believe alot of sites will have a built in communication system for everyone viewing the site, it would be small, like a banner on the site. All uses would have an avatar to move around in the space and chat but it would also have useful things at the bottom such as a clock, how many times the site had been viewed etc. This got me thinking why wait, why dont I do it now, so I am. I already have the avatar chat built from working on zetolic and all I need now is some ideas for the little applications at the bottom, so could you post your ideas below please.

I am currently getting some avatars made by a professional pixel artist after which I will test it for around a month on my site and see how it performs and then I may release it to the public for everyone to use although I would have to charge a very small monthly rate [Around £1] because of the upkeep of the server.

Luckyrare
01-09-2007, 09:32 AM
How will the data be stored?

I could code a backend system for it x]

Good luck with the project

Oni
01-09-2007, 09:34 AM
How will the data be stored?

I could code a backend system for it x]

Good luck with the project
You use php, dont worry :). I found some tutorials on the net about it.

Luckyrare
01-09-2007, 09:52 AM
How do you use php to store game data o.O? You still need some sort of database - MySQL, flat file etc ;P

Oni
01-09-2007, 10:27 AM
How do you use php to store game data o.O? You still need some sort of database - MySQL, flat file etc ;P
Yeh I know but the php links it all, dont worry its covered ;)

Anyway I need some ideas, anyone?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!