if adam and eve where humans
they where both white, right?

So why do we have black people?

shokz
01-09-2007, 09:04 PM
how does your question relate to the thread title ? ...... duh

Paulio
01-09-2007, 09:04 PM
The Adam and Eve story aint real, I'm not going to explain it as everyone is going to think that, I'm a right bible ....

-Wolverine
01-09-2007, 09:05 PM
right when i was coming home by plane i thought

How were they both white? It's just like people believing Jesus was white.. he was not. He lived in Israel where the people are generally dark skinned. It's just that white people believe Adam, Eve and Jesus were white, while some black people in Africa will have a cross with a black Jesus.

So there's really no way to even know if Adam and Eve are white, black or tanned.

luke-p
01-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Oh you deserve a nobel prize...

Genetic mutations maybe? Why do we have down-syndromes... An extra chromosome, what ever I don't waste my life thinking if theres a god or not...

Life is here... Who cares how it got here...

shokz
01-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Also if you bother to read the bible When adam and eve left the garden there was 2 other men which the bible doesnt say how thye got their though bit of a mystery they were brothers iirc abel and something and one of them killed the other

GommeInc
01-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Adam and Eve is just the biblical story of incest "/

I see not a reason to believe in God. I find people are pretty much belittling themselves by saying their own problems are resolved by God, when infact they're own minds and bodies did the task of solving their life problems.

Lycan
01-09-2007, 09:22 PM
there is no supreme being but thats a pretty creative reason why christians don't have a god

T0M
01-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Lol adam and eve is a fable - story with a moral

not meant to be taken realistically as then we would all be inbreds

I personally think the whole bible is a group of moral stories rather than to be taken realistically, but none of this prooves God isnt real?

The Jesus/bible could be 'fake' but that doesnt effect God at all

Dan2nd
01-09-2007, 09:43 PM
taking the Bible as a literal thing ..... heh

Ezzie.
01-09-2007, 09:57 PM
The grass is not green: Fact.

Neversoft
01-09-2007, 10:03 PM
What I don't get is if Adam and Eve were some of the first living things in the world, where did dionsaurs come from? Does the bible even mention dinosaurs?

Dan2nd
01-09-2007, 10:09 PM
What I don't get is if Adam and Eve were some of the first living things in the world, where did dionsaurs come from? Does the bible even mention dinosaurs?

The Bible isn't meant to be taken as a literal thing... :rolleyes:

GommeInc
01-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Nope. Dinosaurs, to a rare few, are myth/clay sculptures someone implanted in the ground a few days before they were discovered. I can't remember what branch of Christianity that was, but I read it somewhere last year.

I agree with Tom, they're really just moral stories, which are a guideline to a good, wealthy life. Taking them literally is a bit crazy.

:Hazel
01-09-2007, 10:12 PM
in my view its just stories and shouldnt be taken seriously in relation to how we live our lives.

FlyingJesus
01-09-2007, 10:48 PM

yeah it mentions all sorts of animals, just because they aint mentioned by name dont mean they werent there. also@someone talking about abel, cain and abel were brothers who were descended from adam and eve so thats how they got there lol.

OMG THREAD STARTER UR A GENIUS THIS IS FINAL PROOF I CANT BELIEVE NO-ONE THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE IN THE FEW MILLENNIA THAT PEOPLE HAVE BEEN READING GENESIS

Axel
01-09-2007, 10:50 PM
If Adam and Evewas true then everyone would be having incest.

Ezzie.
01-09-2007, 10:53 PM
yeah it mentions all sorts of animals, just because they aint mentioned by name dont mean they werent there. also@someone talking about abel, cain and abel were brothers who were descended from adam and eve so thats how they got there lol.

OMG THREAD STARTER UR A GENIUS THIS IS FINAL PROOF I CANT BELIEVE NO-ONE THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE IN THE FEW MILLENNIA THAT PEOPLE HAVE BEEN READING GENESIS

lol hence me saying THE GRASS IS NOT GREEN-FACT, you can't come up with some unfounded evidence ¬_¬
You can't prove against anything with one point to be honest.

I'm agnostic. More logical choice- i believe that there could be a god. but don't follow religions. but heh

cocaine
01-09-2007, 11:04 PM

so how does this prove that god doesnt not exist..?

shokz
01-09-2007, 11:05 PM
What I don't get is if Adam and Eve were some of the first living things in the world, where did dionsaurs come from? Does the bible even mention dinosaurs?Dinosaurs are fake

dannyisnotamazing
01-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Does it really matter? -_- If they do end up finding how the world was created or if God is real etc, what will it actually mean? Nothing imo. [:

velvet
01-09-2007, 11:39 PM

who said they were white?

Ostinato
01-09-2007, 11:41 PM
The bible and the stories contained within it aren't all meant to be taken and believed in a literal sense. Most Christians, including myself, believe that the story of Adam and Eve was moreso symbolic than anything.

I personally agree that evolution took place etc. but the stories of gods created of earth and adam and eve simple hold hidden meanings within which the reader has to decode- such as the temptation of life being represented by eve eating the apple.

If you are too narrow minded to even contimplate this and simply read and believe everything in the Bible as fact then of course you can claim god is fake as we obviously have sufficient evidence to prove dinosaurs etc. did live in a specific lifetime.

Soil
01-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Christianity isnt the only reigion :rolleyes:

Does it even say in the Bible that Adam and Eve were white?

FlyingJesus
02-09-2007, 12:18 AM
OK OK IVE GOT IT. THREAD STARTER DIDNT PROVE THE NON EXISTENCE OF GOD. HE PROVED THAT BLACK PEOPLE DO NOT EXIST.

benjamin
02-09-2007, 12:21 AM
OK OK IVE GOT IT. THREAD STARTER DIDNT PROVE THE NON EXISTENCE OF GOD. HE PROVED THAT BLACK PEOPLE DO NOT EXIST.
ROFLMAO
tom u make me lol

velvet
02-09-2007, 12:26 AM

LOLLLLLLL.

Virgin Mary
02-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Life started in East Africa so they probably were black.

RedStratocas
02-09-2007, 02:28 AM
well technically, white people are a mutation. black people are the original humans. white humans were just a knock-off species that people thought was just cheap and didn't get as good of ratings as the original.

le harry
02-09-2007, 03:37 AM

lol nice.

-:Undertaker:-
02-09-2007, 11:43 AM
If it was true then Black would come from a decendents Evolving tribe OR a genetic mutation of some sort, but I believe Evolution thank you very much :)

Earthquake
02-09-2007, 02:09 PM
If god is real and jesus is real, Why haven't we seen any form of god/jesus or anything since the whole jesus story, Sorry but I stick with evolution, God cannot be real. Their might have been some sort of jesus but Im sure it was a problem with the story on what happend, Like a chinese whispers situation

Dan2nd
02-09-2007, 02:25 PM
!;3864874']If god is real and jesus is real, Why haven't we seen any form of god/jesus or anything since the whole jesus story, Sorry but I stick with evolution, God cannot be real. Their might have been some sort of jesus but Im sure it was a problem with the story on what happend, Like a chinese whispers situation

There have been lots of people who have claimed to be Jesus or God around the world all have either been locked up in a nut house or labeled crazy people. If Jesus or God was to come down to Earth people would most likely think its a fake or a hoax of some kind and I wouldn't want to see jesus back on Earth any time soon as that would be judgement day :P

luke-p
02-09-2007, 02:37 PM

Lmao pretty much :P

Earthquake
02-09-2007, 02:41 PM

To me, That sounds racist.

FlyingJesus
02-09-2007, 05:01 PM
!;3864966']To me, That sounds racist.

Shut up. Mentioning black people doesn't make you a racist, go learn some reality before posting.

Lambda
02-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Isuch as the temptation of life being represented by eve eating the apple.

I just want to point out that the Bible makes no mention of Eve, or Adam, eating an apple.

lScottl
02-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Adam and Eve isnt true, that's not too say God isnt. It's not to say he is either.

Earthquake
02-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Shut up. Mentioning black people doesn't make you a racist, go learn some reality before posting.

I am free to have my opinion and I simply used my right to use this opinion, And when he said what is above I generally took that as a racial comment.

CrazyColaist
03-09-2007, 11:03 AM
I didnt want it to be a racist thread.

and isnt god surposed to cure people? then why doesnt he cure Iraq and the people in africa.

mangle
03-09-2007, 11:13 AM

and isnt god surposed to cure people? then why doesnt he cure Iraq and the people in africa.
Perhaps we're meant to learn from our own mistakes?

Lycan
03-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Because its Blind Faith ... for some reason the Christian god stopped talking to people along time ago..... just after the 'stories' from the bible were based (as the bible was released many years later after the events and was even written along time after some of the events)

Acording to the Christian religon there were not such things as Dinasaurs they were infact dragons which existed during the same time as Humans

http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Dave/comicmoses1.png

http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/jesus-does-his-taxes.png

http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/underage.png

http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Dave/comicjesuschrist5.png
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/my-god-can-beat-up-your-god.png
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/omnipotent-beings-correcting-their-mistakes.png

anyway. i no i went off topic with all the links to quite funny comics relating to religon for which i am sorry :(

scubadiva
03-09-2007, 11:54 AM
It can't be proven whether God exists or not, it's a belief. You can't say that God definetely exists, and you can't say that He doesnt exist either. It's all about what you choose to believe in.

2000th POST!!!!!!!

benjamin
03-09-2007, 12:02 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!

every time i read it i crack up.

Dan2nd
03-09-2007, 01:03 PM

God has provided us with enough food and water to feed everyone in the world comfortably. The diffrence is the rich countrys have chosen to take everything for themselfs and leave places like Africa in poverty.

-:Undertaker:-
03-09-2007, 01:17 PM
God has provided us with enough food and water to feed everyone in the world comfortably. The diffrence is the rich countrys have chosen to take everything for themselfs and leave places like Africa in poverty.

No, we have more people so we need more food, we should look after our own people first, Africa has been like that ever since humans set foot there, it will always be like that.

The more we give to Africa the more they rely on us, they will never develop if it's going to be like this.

I didnt want it to be a racist thread. - Nothing racist has been said..

Dan2nd
03-09-2007, 01:29 PM
No, we have more people so we need more food, we should look after our own people first, Africa has been like that ever since humans set foot there, it will always be like that.

The more we give to Africa the more they rely on us, they will never develop if it's going to be like this.

I'd agree with that if we were talking about this politically but religiously we're all Gods people therefore we should all be treated fairly. I'm not saying we should give everything to Africa either I was just stating what has happened rich countrys have bought up all the worlds resources leaving nothing for the poorer countrys in the world.

RedStratocas
03-09-2007, 01:57 PM
!;3864966']To me, That sounds racist.

how is that racist? :/ where is he saying he is superior to black people?

DJ-Sunshine
03-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Maybe Adam and Eve weren't real.
But I believe God definately does exist.

Smits
03-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Whether you believe or not, you can't say god doesn't exist, fact. Because its not a fact, it hasn't been proved, either way.

Lambda
03-09-2007, 02:50 PM

You mean the earth provides us with food and water, right? Africa has plenty of natural resources. The problem is the corruption; Africa is an extremely corrupt continent. Like hell is Africa's problems due to everyone else.

lAdmire
03-09-2007, 03:58 PM
thread title & question don't relate but..
it's true.
never thought about that.

umm, i'm christian so this is interesting for me.

also, ^^, who created the earth which provides us food & water?
hmm?
okay.
& also, africa is short on food & water because of the climate.
it's so hot, once they grow something it just dies.
then the world is too selfish to give to them, to help them out.
they don't put themselves in their shoes.

i know i don't do anything for them & i feel bad.

GhostFace-
03-09-2007, 04:05 PM
how do u know Adam and eve Were White ?

What If Adam Was Black
And Eve Was White ?

What If a Woman Had
"Done" a Monkey ?
Would She Have a White Kid ?

Think plz

Gangster
03-09-2007, 04:36 PM
"Done" a Monkey ?

Think plz

LMAO

Thats one of the most ridiculous things i've heard on this forum.

1. How does that relate to the title?
2. They wern't both white

FlyingJesus
03-09-2007, 05:38 PM
!;3866095']I am free to have my opinion and I simply used my right to use this opinion, And when he said what is above I generally took that as a racial comment.

Try reading the thread then Damien. Seriously the comment you classified as racist was a rhetorical with the aim of disproving the previous comment because it didn't seem to make sense. Your opinion doesn't come into this, as clearly you do not have enough common sense to form a proper one.

Also GhostFace raises an interesting point, so I'm off to watch some monkeys have sex with white women.

Dan2nd
03-09-2007, 05:51 PM
You mean the earth provides us with food and water, right? Africa has plenty of natural resources. The problem is the corruption; Africa is an extremely corrupt continent. Like hell is Africa's problems due to everyone else.

according to the christian religion God created the Earth so God created everything on it. I'm not saying Africas entire problem is based on everyone else like I said before one of the reason why theres so much poverty in the world is because all the rich countrys have bought up all the useful resources that are worth anything and have since made alot of money from it leaving poorer countrys no leg to stand on when trying to trade which is why they used to sell alot of fruits , coffee etc etc for peanuts. Luckly now alot of super markets now have lots of 'fair trade' lines. Of course there are other reasons such as corrupt goverments taking all aid money etc etc

I don't even remember how I got into this subject now but lets please go back to the the original subject

Ramones
03-09-2007, 06:09 PM
people can debate all they like but i made my mind up a long time ago, go to http://www.greetingsamerica.net/Magic8ball.asp and it will tell you everything.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/4121/8ballli2.png

FlyingJesus
03-09-2007, 06:18 PM
wth lol that aint ambiguous at all is it

LeftForDead
03-09-2007, 06:45 PM
How can you say he isnt real 'fact'.
Nothing can be a fact:)
Because everything is based off something else being a fact, isnt it?

Virgin Mary
03-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Africa is poor because Europeans went there centuries ago and took all the good resources then enslaved the people. Also Africans have never been able to successfully trade like other countries because of the lack of transport. They can't ride lions around like we rid horses. Basically Africa was raped by the surrounding countries. My only guess as to why it's not climatically desirable for growing crops etc. is because the land was made to suitably contrast that of Eden (a Biblical explanation).

Lambda
03-09-2007, 07:52 PM
You may not want to, but you should really look into the corruption of Africa. I'm not denying your reasons given. I just don't believe that they are the sole reasons whatsoever.

Ramones
03-09-2007, 07:57 PM
You may not want to, but you should really look into the corruption of Africa. I'm not denying your reasons given. I just don't believe that they are the sole reasons whatsoever.

agreed, alot of rich countries gave the african governments alot of money which they either spend stupidly on areas that are already wealthy or they keep for themselves, now people are starting to realise that theres no point giving them money, but insted they need to help by giving the people resources so they can make money themselves.

CrazyColaist
03-09-2007, 09:11 PM
- Nothing racist has been said..

ino but i dont want it taken in the wrong way (saying like black people shouldnt be real)

Ashhizzle
03-09-2007, 09:48 PM

Because eve's a stupid ***** and ate somthing off the tree.

Ramones
03-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Because eve's a stupid ***** and ate somthing off the tree.

lol, so your saying black people exist because eve ate the apple

Virgin Mary
03-09-2007, 10:29 PM
I know Africa is ruled by corrupt dictators who steal all the welfare money. Giving them money is like cancelling the 'debt' though, it doesn't suddenly turn Africa into a Utopia.

Concentric2
03-09-2007, 11:00 PM
The thread title is rediculous - Fact.

--ss--
04-09-2007, 02:14 PM

People's skin colours changed over the years humands were on the earth due to the conditions they lived in , countries that were really hot like africa got tanned and over the years their skin became black , in the UK the weather is mixed both sunny and rainy so they both counteract each other making the people living in the uk stay white coloured?

Just a little theory i made up :eusa_whis

Also if god didn't exist then how did the earth and life come along , if it was the 'big bang' then there must of been something to cause the 'bang' so where did that come from , know one really knows so they only logicial explanations is that their is god who defies logic.

Concentric2
04-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Also if god didn't exist then how did the earth and life come along , if it was the 'big bang' then there must of been something to cause the 'bang' so where did that come from
Well where did God come from?
The arguement can be used for both theories.

so they only logicial explanations is that their is god who defies logic.
In that case why can't there be any other theory, like the big bang, that defies logic?

--ss--
04-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Well where did God come from?
The arguement can be used for both theories.

In that case why can't there be any other theory, like the big bang, that defies logic?
Like i said god is god he is meant to defy logic , god is god because well he created everything and everyone , god isn't human so he didn't have to be 'created'

The big bang theory is all about thinking logically in a way that the world could have been created without god .

Debates like these are more about faith and what you bealive in not about logic :)
No one can actually really answer if god is real or not its just about what you bealive yourself

Concentric2
04-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Like i said god is god he is meant to defy logic , god is god because well he created everything and everyone , god isn't human so he didn't have to be 'created'
The big bang theory is all about thinking logically in a way that the world could have been created without god.
As someone who would rather see some scientific evidence for things, i'd like to think logically about it. To me it's silly to say "we don't know the answer to this, so we'll stop thinking logically to allow us to some up with an explanation that doesn't need evidence".

Debates like these are more about faith and what you bealive in not about logic :)
No one can actually really answer if god is real or not its just about what you bealive yourself
I would agree with that, with the current evidence.

shok
04-09-2007, 02:41 PM

The big bang theory is all about thinking logically in a way that the world could have been created without god .

That has to be the best sentence in all the threads about god on this forum, its true it what you believe and no one has the right to argue against you, i know i sound like a hypocrit because i have but meh

PaintYourTarget
04-09-2007, 02:43 PM

My dog isn't human so he didn't have to be created.

Concentric2
04-09-2007, 03:13 PM
and no one has the right to argue against you
What the hell? Why not? Surely people can debate the issue and argue their case if they want to.
I think what you mean is that nobody should be able to force you to beleive something different.

GhostFace-
04-09-2007, 08:23 PM
LMAO

Thats one of the most ridiculous things i've heard on this forum.

1. How does that relate to the title?
2. They wern't both white

How Else do u think people got Aids ?

aids Were From ppl "doing Mokeys"

Get ur facks strait u lil boy

English
04-09-2007, 08:23 PM
As someone who would rather see some scientific evidence for things, i'd like to think logically about it. To me it's silly to say "we don't know the answer to this, so we'll stop thinking logically to allow us to some up with an explanation that doesn't need evidence".

I would agree with that, with the current evidence.
So based on logic, what way do you think that the world was created? I personally don't see believing that God created the world is a way of 'getting an easy answer because we don't know the answer to this' because that is a stupid comment. Hell, when people didn't know about things such as gravity etc they wouldn't have 'made stuff up'. Religion is about belief, some people have it & some don't.

Nick.
04-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Adam and Eve is just the biblical story of incest "/

I see not a reason to believe in God. I find people are pretty much belittling themselves by saying their own problems are resolved by God, when infact they're own minds and bodies did the task of solving their life problems.
"/ "/ "/ "/ "/ "/ "/ \" \" \" \" \" \" \"

Some people believe the story of Adam and Eve. So you are saying it is silly to believe in something or have a religion?

Virgin Mary
05-09-2007, 03:38 AM
God is pre-existent and infinital, in His own words "I am all there was and all there ever will be" or something like that. Something existing outside/before the Universe would not exist in time. I think it's a subject people think too hard about though. People aren't meant to know God exists as a fact, you're meant to believe in him out of faith. That's probably the most basic reason behind free will.

Concentric2
05-09-2007, 08:25 AM
So based on logic, what way do you think that the world was created?
I beleive that we just don't know yet. We don't have to have an answer for it right now; it's still open to to investigation and experimentation.

I personally don't see believing that God created the world is a way of 'getting an easy answer because we don't know the answer to this' because that is a stupid comment.
I can't really comment on that other than to say we disagree.
I think that God was thought up by early men who wanted to answer many fundamental questions that they didn't have answers to.

Hell, when people didn't know about things such as gravity etc they wouldn't have 'made stuff up'. Well i wouldn't be surprised if some people did - some may well have said it was the power of God holding them near his holy Earth or whatever.
Remember, we still don't know what causes gravity or why it acts, so really all the theories surrounding it are "made up".

GommeInc
05-09-2007, 09:53 AM

Some people believe the story of Adam and Eve. So you are saying it is silly to believe in something or have a religion?

I am fascinated in how you got that conclusion over the famous Christian Incest Story "/ I didn't even say the world silly at that matter. I work at a church as the Audio and Visual Technician, and it seems the only reason for God, or religion as a whole is to set obvious morals and behaviour towards people and certain situation or to heal or seek forgiveness for God knows what, probably sitting down doing absolutely nothing. Other than that is the community reasons like a council, fetes or fairs.

If you want to be healed, seek a doctor, if you are healed, thank the doctor or yourself, not something that is about as good as an imaginary friend helping you. It is by your own will you are healed, not the invisible, non-physical hand of a being that isn't even proven to exist in terms of actually being there, not being physical which some religious fanatics base their arguments on because their deluded lives are only fixed on something existing but doesn't exist, which is pretty much their criticism against "God does not exist." Their answer is he does, but doesn't have to, which makes about as much sense as half the religion anyway, with conflicting theories and facts which go against the laws of physics.

Anyway, back to more criticising, the Reinformed Protestant Church is odd and suggests everyone is unhappy without knowing God. I am happy "/

Without God you cannot be healed. I happen to heal after most things anyway, unless they suggest we can now be healed from cancer by prayer and if I happen to get it sometime in the future I am screwed.

So why does the Christian Religion love to belittle the believers? By suggesting we are all unhappy and if we are healed or something great happens in our lives, it was down to some infinite being, rather than our own essence, being, will and rational thought, or someone elses or just a random turn of events?

Anonymous
05-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Im a catholic, I go to church every Sunday.. though I do not believe in the whole Adam and Eve story, I do believe, infact, I know Jesus was black.. it'd be like

Roman Leader: FIND JESUS
Soldiers: What does he look like?
Leader: Hes the only white guy in da village!!11one

:l

Anyway, the scientific evolution story I DO believe, but I believe a force (made of wind/gas) made the big bang happen, and people have named this force ''God''.

alotest
05-09-2007, 05:21 PM

Even if someone has responded here is the answer:

When you live in a hot country and you are white your children that are born generally go darker skinned, which is just like being tanned. You go darker skinned to protect you from the solar radiation. If you think about it eskimos are white, and people in hot countrys are generally black.

People who are saying god doesn't exist you never know if he does or not. As people say he created the world and all that is in it. Science would be unable to find a trace of god he did make everything as why would he leave a trace if he doesn't want to be found out. (I said he but I mean he/she)

Concentric2
05-09-2007, 05:45 PM
People who are saying god doesn't exist you never know if he does or not. As people say he created the world and all that is in it. Science would be unable to find a trace of god he did make everything as why would he leave a trace if he doesn't want to be found out. (I said he but I mean he/she)
Why wouldn't he want to be "found"?

alotest
05-09-2007, 06:31 PM
How would anyone know but think. What would happen if god was proven real and was a normal human. Think about what happens to celebritys.

Concentric2
05-09-2007, 06:36 PM
How would anyone know but think.
What does this mean plz?

shok
05-09-2007, 07:06 PM
What the hell? Why not? Surely people can debate the issue and argue their case if they want to.
I think what you mean is that nobody should be able to force you to beleive something different.
lol yeh i do sorry was 20 minutes to 4 in the morning

Im a catholic, I go to church every Sunday.. though I do not believe in the whole Adam and Eve story, I do believe, infact, I know Jesus was black.. it'd be like

Roman Leader: FIND JESUS
Soldiers: What does he look like?
Leader: Hes the only white guy in da village!!11one

:l

Anyway, the scientific evolution story I DO believe, but I believe a force (made of wind/gas) made the big bang happen, and people have named this force ''God''.So you are a cathloic but you think God was the big bang? thats a first..

Why wouldn't he want to be "found"?a few reasons
its hard to explain but its like just say you know when people moan and go on about saying " GOD ISNT REAL I PRAY FOR HIM TO HEAL MY CANCER BUT HE DOESNT" right take thta for example just think if he came to earth of whatever i dont know and cured the cancer everyone would start asking for cures, then people would start expecting to much from him and i dont know turn against him for example, like many people have said its up to YOU whether you believe in God, so basically god is saying I exist if you believe i do and if you don't i do not exsist

Concentric2
05-09-2007, 07:41 PM
a few reasons
its hard to explain but its like just say you know when people moan and go on about saying " GOD ISNT REAL I PRAY FOR HIM TO HEAL MY CANCER BUT HE DOESNT" right take thta for example just think if he came to earth of whatever i dont know and cured the cancer everyone would start asking for cures, then people would start expecting to much from him and i dont know turn against him for example, like many people have said its up to YOU whether you believe in God, so basically god is saying I exist if you believe i do and if you don't i do not exsist
I don't think you're wrong there but i don't really "agree" with any of those kind of arguements as i don't believe he exists in the first place, in whatever form.

GommeInc
05-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Oh no... Someone has suggested God is a human being, I won't begin to argue about how that will not work. But I suppose I will.

God is not human, because a human body is imperfect and cannot possibly hold the powers to create the world or do any other of his 'miracles.' God is only represented as a human because we could easily relate to him, he could be invisible or a puff of glittery smoke in some other dimension. So if God did 'come to earth,' the chances of him making himself known is little anyway. Also, the bible suggests he isn't a human being, because a human being is a physical thing, not something imaginary like it is portrayed as today. God appears to people normally as a ray of light, or a 'vision' which is normally just a delusion.

FlyingJesus
06-09-2007, 09:07 PM
God is pre-existent and infinital, in His own words "I am all there was and all there ever will be" or something like that. Something existing outside/before the Universe would not exist in time. I think it's a subject people think too hard about though. People aren't meant to know God exists as a fact, you're meant to believe in him out of faith. That's probably the most basic reason behind free will.

I'm not religious but that is a great paragraph. People yelling out "GOD ISN'T REAL YOU'RE STUPID FOR BELIEVING HIM" is to me much more annoying than Bible-bashers, because in my experience Christians are much more likely to accept that other people have different beliefs than atheists are to accept a Christian belief without trying to argue it all the time.
Also note everyone that whilst you're talking about "God", you're thinking pretty narrowly. Every time God has come up in this thread it's been the Judeo-Christian deity, and I accept that that's probably because the thread was about a Bible story, but still I don't think that people wanting to talk in depth about the existence of a god should limit it to God with a capital G.

Off topic slightly but in reference to the talk about the Big Bang theory: it has never been professionally argued that the Big Bang was the first thing to ever occur or exist, it is simply an event (or the event) that created the universe as it physically exists. Therefore the argument "something must have caused it therefore the theory is wrong" doesn't work, as the theory covers that itself.

GommeInc
06-09-2007, 09:41 PM
I am doubtful of God creating the universe and the big bang theory. Both seem unlikely, because what caused the big bang and what did God do before the creation of the universe? What happened before 'God's beginning?'

luke-p
06-09-2007, 10:03 PM
God came out his mum... ain't the most respectable beginning for the most powerful thing in the universe, so they erased it :]

Concentric2
06-09-2007, 10:08 PM
and where did she come from? :P

GommeInc
06-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Maybe there was no 'mum' as such. Maybe he was born of virgin birth which made him commit adultery on Mary to have his son? I wonder who God's dad is... Hmmmm....

FlyingJesus
06-09-2007, 10:18 PM
I am doubtful of God creating the universe and the big bang theory. Both seem unlikely, because what caused the big bang and what did God do before the creation of the universe? What happened before 'God's beginning?'

Read what Virgin Mary said (as I quoted in my last post) for the answer on where God came from. Or just take it basically as "He has always been". He doesn't need to prove Himself logically because He is eternal and all that. Not a view I hold myself but there we go.

As for the Big Bang; it's been pretty much proven scientifically as the cause of our universe's creation. Whilst it's widely believed that nothing exists outside of our universe (if there even is an "out" of the universe) it's logical - if you wish to take logic's side - that something existed in a time before our universe, and that that something did something which caused what we know as the Big Bang.

GommeInc
06-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Read what Virgin Mary said (as I quoted in my last post) for the answer on where God came from. Or just take it basically as "He has always been". He doesn't need to prove Himself logically because He is eternal and all that. Not a view I hold myself but there we go.
Still doesn't suggest what he did before the world was created. What did he do with the other planets? If aliens are discovered, what part will they play in religion? If they speak English, would they share their thoughts on the universe's creation and if they have their own proven God or prove the creation of the universe, what effect would that have?

As for the Big Bang; it's been pretty much proven scientifically as the cause of our universe's creation. Whilst it's widely believed that nothing exists outside of our universe (if there even is an "out" of the universe) it's logical - if you wish to take logic's side - that something existed in a time before our universe, and that that something did something which caused what we know as the Big Bang.
My question lies with what happened before, not really if it is more proven to have happened than a being of infinite power.

Lambda
07-09-2007, 01:07 AM
I wouldn't call that logical. If the Big Bang is true (which I believe it is), then there was a time when the universe was a singularity, where all the laws of science were broken down. If the universe is expanding there has to be a beginning.

Virgin Mary
07-09-2007, 01:10 AM
Some people interpret Gods of any kind to be the way people in those days saw extra terrestrials. Unfortunately we'll probably never know what happened because of event horizons, which just happens to be a convenience to what/whoever made the Universe in terms of what it does.

TitaniumRubber
07-09-2007, 08:16 AM
I have a friends who believe there were a adam and eve in every race, :P pretty mad if you ask me but oh well.

:Liam
07-09-2007, 10:17 PM
This explains all:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve

Adam and eve arent real. They called the first ancestor Mitochondrial eve as a label not a literal one. This explains the how white and black people where formed, and different ethnicities.

adam and eve didnt make sense because:
adam + eve = 2 boys
kane + Able = no kids

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!