PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 - Yay or Nay?

PappaLou
02-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Right, so i've got like 17k in the bank atm, and i'm considering buying the PS3, loads of people have told me its good, whilst others say its bad.

I already have an xbox 360, and don't recommend me buying a Wii, thats a console for kids :P

I don't want any Microsoft or Nintendo fanboys saying 'OMG NO', i want opinions and wherever its worth its hefty price.

CJW93
02-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Nay!!!!

Fez
02-09-2007, 04:22 PM
What do you mean bank? As in Young Savers account thing? If so, don't go plundering that until your sure you want further education

and

Yay

Neversoft
02-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Nay and you sir, are a moron.

Frodo13.
02-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Yay. I just love mine. Got some good exclusives coming out too such as Getaway 3, L.A Noire, Final Fantasy 13, MGS4. Its a must buy in my opinion :) There is also Resistance & Motorstorm which are MUST plays. Well worth the £425 I paid. If you get one, Id recomend the new pakage thats coming out :)

Oni
02-09-2007, 05:26 PM
I agree with both of those statements.

Also never trust Frodo13 he is the biggest sony fanboy there is.

Foe!
02-09-2007, 05:32 PM
if u got £17,000 im sure £400 wont hurt
i dont have a ps3 but i would like 1 if i could afford it

cocaine
02-09-2007, 05:38 PM
17 grand? woah.

Wootzeh
02-09-2007, 06:32 PM
You don't want opinions from xbox or nintendo fanboys yet you go and ask a bunch os sony fanboys, seems a bit biased imo.

PappaLou
02-09-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm asking the opinions of people who've actually played it, most of the fanboys of other consoles havent even touched a ps3.

Thanks, but since you don't know me thats just a pathetic comment.

What do you mean bank? As in Young Savers account thing? If so, don't go plundering that until your sure you want further education

and

Yay

A current account, my young savers account i don't have access to yet, £17K is what i've saved up over the last year and abit :P

Technologic
02-09-2007, 09:03 PM
I say yay. Most people assume that the Xbox is superior to the PS3 and i know i will get several posts saying it is but the PS3 comes with everything while with the xbox you have to buy internet usage, on the cor a harddrive and a wireless controller. Plus only the Xbox elite has a HDMI connection which is kinda rubbish. DVD9 can only hold up to 12GB or memory whilst the Blu-Ray holds up to 50GB.

Also as previously stated there are some amazing exclusives coming out and sony have signed a contract with rockstar sating that after Xmas rockstar will go back to exclusivley making games for Sony

dirrty
02-09-2007, 09:07 PM
id say yes. if you want it, buy it tbh. but what is that money for? because if its for something important, then i wouldnt spend it.

Fez
02-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Umm, does your family approve of using your young savers account?

Lozzoling
02-09-2007, 09:26 PM
nay tbh

_Liam
02-09-2007, 09:32 PM
the people who have xboxs are going to say "nay"
the people who have a playstation are going to say "yay"

I have a playstation so i'd say "yay" as most of the xbox fanboys say , Theres not enough games coming out but with it hitting september thats when many good titles come out and home will be available within the next 2 months so go for it.

Frodo13.
02-09-2007, 10:44 PM
I agree with both of those statements.

Also never trust Frodo13 he is the biggest sony fanboy there is.

Biggest sony fanboy? Im buying a Wii as soon as I get a job...

Neversoft
02-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks, but since you don't know me thats just a pathetic comment.

My post was nothing about knowing you so your reply is just stupid. :)

It's up to you whether you want to buy it or not. Seems like you're a sony fanboy and have already made up your mind anyway. You're just gonna get as many people saying 'nay' as 'yay' here.

Energizer
02-09-2007, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't buy one but it's up to you. And the Wii isn't "a console for kids."

JoeyK.
03-09-2007, 05:50 AM
If you want it, go ahead...

I love mine, and use it a little more than my 360... But before you do, a couple things you should know; It's online isn't nearly as good, and the PS3 game selection can't compare to the 360's yet, but really, that should be expected considering the difference in time that they've both been out... There's a lot of quality material coming up for the PS3 though...

Also, I wouldn't say the Wii is a "console for kids" either, but if you're not interested in the kinds of things the Wii offers, then that's your decision. I love my PS3, 360, and Wii, but the PS3 is still my console of choice this generation.

Just don't expect anything too much different from your 360 if you do choose to buy it, at least not in the short term.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!