PDA

View Full Version : God, pfft.

Biseinen
04-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Whats he ever done for me? Has he ever bought me that 230 GTI convertible that I always wanted? Does he ever help me smite down my enemies in fiery bolt of lighting?!

No. :(

It makes me question, it really does.

Nemo
04-09-2007, 12:04 PM
i questioned a long time ago, found that i dont beleive in him/her/it

Browney
04-09-2007, 12:08 PM
I think god gives you tools and the opportunity to earn the car. I'm not completely sure.

shok
04-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Whats he ever done for me? Has he ever bought me that 230 GTI convertible that I always wanted? Does he ever help me smite down my enemies in fiery bolt of lighting?!

No. :(

It makes me question, it really does.

Is this a joke?

flippin hell grow up

Energizer
04-09-2007, 12:43 PM
i wont believe it's real until there's proper evidence.

Lycan
04-09-2007, 12:49 PM
no supreme beings about =)

mangle
04-09-2007, 12:52 PM
I was made to go to church as a kid. As i had to sit through long sermans i rejected the belif as it bored me so much!

Biseinen
04-09-2007, 01:04 PM
[Looks in driveway] Still no sign. [Shakes head]

shok
04-09-2007, 01:06 PM
[Looks in driveway] Still no sign. [Shakes head]
thgats pathetic

Browney
04-09-2007, 01:09 PM
I personally think that religion is to be learned from not believed. Let me explain, I think it's like fables you were told as a child. You know that a turtle didn't really beat the hare, but it's meaning is there. I think the same of religion. I know that Adam and Eve didn'nt really get thrown out of eden for eating the forbidden fruit, but I know the message is there.

Nemo
04-09-2007, 01:13 PM
I personally think that religion is to be learned from not believed. Let me explain, I think it's like fables you were told as a child. You know that a turtle didn't really beat the hare, but it's meaning is there. I think the same of religion. I know that Adam and Eve didn'nt really get thrown out of eden for eating the forbidden fruit, but I know the message is there.
yeah also the fact that some reject pork and gays.

im not against gays, thats why i sed that.

Axel
04-09-2007, 01:15 PM
thgats pathetic

You seem to have a grudge again Bisienen for some reason.

Browney
04-09-2007, 01:17 PM
yeah also the fact that some reject pork and gays.

im not against gays, thats why i sed that.

Well I dunno about that bit. :P

Probably when religion was established, being gay wasn't acceptable. I can't answer the pork bit haha. I have been christained but I'm not a believer. I'm a bit dubios about the whole supernatural beings bit. But I do admire what religion can do for some people.

RedStratocas
04-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Is this a joke?

flippin hell grow up

says the kid with afolf hitler with headphones in his avatar.

Nemo
04-09-2007, 01:18 PM
says the kid with afolf hitler with headphones in his avatar.i'd say u owned him :P

shok
04-09-2007, 01:21 PM
You seem to have a grudge again Bisienen for some reason.Hes childish

Well I dunno about that bit. :P

Probably when religion was established, being gay wasn't acceptable. I can't answer the pork bit haha. I have been christained but I'm not a believer. I'm a bit dubios about the whole supernatural beings bit. But I do admire what religion can do for some people.christained? rofl :P

says the kid with afolf hitler with headphones in his avatar.says the kids with a wacky hat
http://a525.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/62/m_f4366f5cb9c64f353840b84c04682e8c.jpg

Browney
04-09-2007, 01:23 PM
christained? rofl :P

Yeah, I know. :eusa_whis:$

Axel
04-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Hes childish

christained? rofl :P

says the kids with a wacky hat
http://a525.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/62/m_f4366f5cb9c64f353840b84c04682e8c.jpg

You're childish, you get banned so you come back to the forum and make a bad comment about every one of Biseinen's posts, and point out the spelling mistakes people make, when your grammar isn't all that perfect. Pretty pathetic really.

RedStratocas
04-09-2007, 01:24 PM
says the kids with a wacky hat

my hat is sa-weet and you know it :D

shok
04-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I know. :eusa_whis:$
whats that?

you mean baptised?

Axel
04-09-2007, 01:25 PM
*My firewall said this post was blocked the first time, I made this post and it worked but I've already posted what I had to say, because my firewall didn't block what I was posting, just the page for some reason. - Axel*

Browney
04-09-2007, 01:28 PM
whats that?

you mean baptised?

Something like that. My mind must've been somewhere else. :P

shok
04-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Something like that. My mind must've been somewhere else. :P
:P kk.

Axel
04-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Ok now you seem to be normal again, keep it up.

-:Undertaker:-
04-09-2007, 02:04 PM
I believe in random chaos.

:Hazel
04-09-2007, 02:08 PM
i is athiest. end of ;)

--ss--
04-09-2007, 02:18 PM
God has given you the chance to get the car by giving you a job? :p

PaintYourTarget
04-09-2007, 02:24 PM
whats that?

you mean baptised?
Catholics get Baptised, Protestants get Christened.

Concentric2
04-09-2007, 02:30 PM
I know that Adam and Eve didn'nt really get thrown out of eden for eating the forbidden fruit, but I know the message is there.
I don't disagree with your opinion, but what's the moral of that story then?

God has given you the chance to get the car by giving you a job? :p
If he can give you the job then why not just give you the car and all the other things you use the money for straight away?
No offense but that's a bit of a silly arguement.

shok
04-09-2007, 02:37 PM
oh i see, didnt know im catholic

If he can give you the job then why not just give you the car and all the other things you use the money for straight away?
No offense but that's a bit of a silly arguement.whats the point in a job then?

you have to earn it

seattlegrace
04-09-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm not an extremely religious person myself, but maybe "God" doesn't reply positively to the requests of people who persistantly sin and don't pray for forgiveness, if he exists and all...I don't know.

Concentric2
04-09-2007, 03:08 PM
whats the point in a job then?

you have to earn it
I don't really understand what you're saying, but i think we're arguing the same thing; i don't believe God has anything to do with getting people jobs or cars or whatever.

Browney
04-09-2007, 05:45 PM

I dunno. Don't give into temptation or something.

Smits
04-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Just because he hasn't given you riches andhelped you defeat your enemies doesn't mean he doesn't exist.

Janet Snakehole
04-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Im not religious or anything but.. if God was to be real, wouldn't he stop all the suffering and wars across the world?

CrazyColaist
04-09-2007, 07:41 PM
if god is real

he should get shot tbh

hes done nothing for this world. has he ever helped to solve ploblems (war poverty etc)
No

lAdmire
04-09-2007, 07:42 PM
he doesn't provide you with everything you want.
there's reasons, good ones, why he doesn't.
maybe if you bought that car, the next day you would get in an accident.
so basically, he didn't provide it for you.
there's always a reason.

why are you questioning him?
like seriously?
who said he has to do EVERYTHING you ask for?
he does what he thinks best & really, he's always right.

& also, the wars & stuff, it's all of the devil.
unless you know he's not trying to stop it, then shh.
cause sometimes he sends people to do his work.
so, yeah.

& seattlegrace, you are so right.
why should he give you anything if you don't thank him for all what he's given you?
like a house?
food?
etc?
why should he?
seriously.

CrazyColaist
04-09-2007, 07:43 PM
I want wars in iraq to stop same with 100 billion people

same with poverty, im sure if he was real he would get the msg we need help

dirrty
04-09-2007, 07:43 PM
if god is real

he should get shot tbh

hes done nothing for this world. has he ever helped to solve ploblems (war poverty etc)
No
god should get shot?
erm mistake me if im wrong, but war and poverty isnt gods fault. its the human races fault to some extent, definetly war is humans fault. we have free will, and god gave us that to do what we wish with it. if we decide to do wrong with it, then so be it.

English
04-09-2007, 08:21 PM
No offense but that's a bit of a silly arguement.
Why would he give people a car and money etc? He has given them the opportunity, it shouldnt' be given for nothing.

Im not religious or anything but.. if God was to be real, wouldn't he stop all the suffering and wars across the world?
Well why should God stop it? Should he get involved? He created this world, doesn't mean he should interfere because of our own doing.

if god is real
he should get shot tbh
No
What a stupid child. First of all if God is real how could he get shot if he is omnipotent? Being all powerful he could 'stop' it or dodge it, though having said that God is outside of space & time. Nothing for this world? He created it - fool.

I want wars in iraq to stop same with 100 billion people
same with poverty, im sure if he was real he would get the msg we need help
He created this world, we created the mess. I don't see why he should clean up our mess. Besides, we need to learn from wars etc and it also brings out the good in people, letting them choose the right path.

Browney
04-09-2007, 08:26 PM
God lets us learn our own lessons. That's why he gives us free will.

CrazyColaist
04-09-2007, 08:43 PM
god should get shot?
erm mistake me if im wrong, but war and poverty isnt gods fault. its the human races fault to some extent, definetly war is humans fault. we have free will, and god gave us that to do what we wish with it. if we decide to do wrong with it, then so be it.

but if he made this world why hasnt he done
ONE SINGLE THING TO HELP ME YOU ENGLAND THIS WORLD

Browney
04-09-2007, 08:44 PM

Refer to post above. We have the tools to help, we just don't use them to help. :)

dirrty
04-09-2007, 08:47 PM

i dont need to justify anything to you anymore. and i dont think anyone else should. its obvious you dont know what you are talking about and have no knowledge in god or anything todo with him.

Fez
04-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Wouldn't God reward the good people and banish the bad or something

''Why do bad things happen to good people?"

Nemo
04-09-2007, 08:49 PM

yeah, i always see good things happen to bad people aswell

dirrty
04-09-2007, 08:50 PM

thats what heaven and hell is for.

Nemo
04-09-2007, 08:52 PM
thats what heaven and hell is for.
who said it exists?

dirrty
04-09-2007, 08:54 PM
who said it exists?
who said it doesnt?
if someone is true to their religion, they wouldnt question it.

Lambda
04-09-2007, 09:14 PM
god should get shot?

If that's true why do religious people try to take free will away? Didn't God forbid Adam and Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge of 'good' and 'evil'? It was the serpent that gave them free will. Christianity has always said "right, so long as you follow everything we say, you can have your 'free will.'" What does the Church do in the face of views that are different from theirs, such as Paganism? Spreads propaganda about "devil worship," and everything else that is a contrast.

-

God doesn't interfere? The Bible says otherwise. Here's an interesting post:
http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2006/08/who-has-killed-more-satan-or-god.html
I've seen a few lists similar.

I feel a lot more for science and mathematics than I do for gods. I don't deny their existence, but I don't believe in it either; the fact is, I have no idea. What I am absolutely against is the mockery that has been made of belief and what has been done in the name of religion.

What is the benefit of religion? Fulfillment? Your life somehow has more meaning because you believe in a god that is capable of creating everything, including all the evil you have and ever will know, and a body of the religion that molds you into another sheep? I think life is worth living more if you believe in yourself and your own choices.

Virgin Mary
05-09-2007, 03:28 AM
Buying you nice things is your maternal father's job not your spiritual father's job.

shok
05-09-2007, 07:04 PM
A well known story about God:
One day a flood hit a town
this man went ontop of his roof on his house so he doesnt drown
Whilst up there a motorboat thing is going round the street picking people up from danger,
they ask the man to come down and come to saftey he said " no I shall wait here as god will save me" no time to spare the boat leaves
Few minutes later a helicopter is saving people and they call to the bloke, "climb up the rope" he replied the same " no I shall wait here as god will save me"

they leave then the water has reached to the roof and the bloke is getting worried now he screams "god? where are you?" no answer he repeats "god save me!"
then a voice is heard saying i sent you the boat and the helicopter you refused them what else can i do

Buying you nice things is your maternal father's job not your spiritual father's job.
lol haha nice post :)

English
05-09-2007, 08:01 PM

What a stupid comment. Seriously, are you a ******?

These things happen to 'good people' and it tests their faith. Really it doesn't matter what happens to them in life because they are 'rewarded' in the afterlife.

lAdmire
05-09-2007, 08:01 PM

god makes everything happen for a reason.

A well known story about God:

One day a flood hit a town
this man went ontop of his roof on his house so he doesnt drown
Whilst up there a motorboat thing is going round the street picking people up from danger,
they ask the man to come down and come to saftey he said " no I shall wait here as god will save me" no time to spare the boat leaves

Few minutes later a helicopter is saving people and they call to the bloke, "climb up the rope" he replied the same "

no I shall wait here as god will save me"

they leave then the water has reached to the roof and the bloke is getting worried now he screams "god? where are you?" no answer he repeats "god save me!"
then a voice is heard saying i sent you the boat and the helicopter you refused them what else can i do

lol haha nice post :)

you know what?
that is so true?
the person who created this thread said why doesn't he give me this?
well..
he gives you things to get what you want.
he gives you everything you need.
but you have to get it for yourself.
if he gives you everything, you won't ever learn anything.

also, if you don't thank him for what he has given you or anything, then he won't.
cause that's just wrong.
but really, that is so true.

Concentric2
05-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Why would he give people a car and money etc? He has given them the opportunity, it shouldnt' be given for nothing.
Dude wth - i wasn't saying he should?
As i said;
i don't believe God has anything to do with getting people jobs or cars or whatever.

velocity
05-09-2007, 09:02 PM
"I know that Adam and Eve didn'nt really get thrown out of eden for eating the forbidden fruit, but I know the message is there."

yeah, but if he went mental at them and threw them out, isnt one of his messages forgiveness? ;s

GommeInc
05-09-2007, 09:04 PM
WRONG.
My Catholic friend had her children Christened, while at my Protestant Church where I work, the children get Baptised.

T0M
06-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Baptised and christened are basically the same thing arent they :S:S

Biseinen
06-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Hey, its Religion, its all the same.

shok
06-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Hey, its Religion, its all the same.
roflmao dont post if you havent got a clue

Browney
06-09-2007, 06:35 PM
"I know that Adam and Eve didn'nt really get thrown out of eden for eating the forbidden fruit, but I know the message is there."

yeah, but if he went mental at them and threw them out, isnt one of his messages forgiveness? ;s

Haha good point, never thought of that. :P

Biseinen
06-09-2007, 07:17 PM
roflmao dont post if you havent got a clue

You really can't read the sarcasm between the lines, can you.

shok
06-09-2007, 07:31 PM
You really can't read the sarcasm between the lines, can you.
well if it was sarcasm what was the point in posting ?

Virgin Mary
06-09-2007, 07:34 PM
The message of Adam and Eve is the same as Pandora's Box and most other stories about creation - do as you're told. It's setting the whole "if you don't do this then you'll go to hell" mood.

CrazyColaist
06-09-2007, 07:38 PM
my hat is sa-weet and you know it :D
your hat is kewl

anyway god isnt real

when people think god cures them its themself getting themself into function (if u get wot i mean)

Soil
06-09-2007, 07:42 PM
OMG I WANT £10000000000000000

Oh I didnt get it. GOD DOESNT EXIST

--------

Grow up, seriously.
Imo, God gives you the chance you earn what you want. (S)He wont give you everything you want, but will probably give you the chance to earn it.

Otherwise life would be too simple. Also, because I am doing biology, its makes me laugh at scientists even more who say IT WAS JUST A BIG COINCIDENCE. The way our body functions is just amazing. All the little parts.

Oh btw to people who always refer to Adam and Eve - christianity isnt the only religion >.>

Lambda
07-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Otherwise life would be too simple. Also, because I am doing biology, its makes me laugh at scientists even more who say IT WAS JUST A BIG COINCIDENCE. The way our body functions is just amazing. All the little parts.

It wasn't a coincidence whether gods exist or not. Studying biology should make you think that there are too many examples of evolution and the theories of science to believe "intelligent design".

Biseinen
07-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Yeah, doing advance human biology we touch on many area's of that.

Soil
07-09-2007, 05:51 PM
It wasn't a coincidence whether gods exist or not. Studying biology should make you think that there are too many examples of evolution and the theories of science to believe "intelligent design".

Meh, I just dont think its a coincidence that it all happened by itself.

Jazza
07-09-2007, 06:14 PM

Nobody said it was a coincidence, our bodies are like this because of millions of years of evolution, we didn't start like this.

shok
07-09-2007, 06:48 PM
evolution... lol dont believe in that rubbish sorry

Nemo
07-09-2007, 06:49 PM
well thats ignorant.

brapp
07-09-2007, 06:55 PM
if god is real

he should get shot tbh

No

lmao you're such a *Removed*

Edited by Nick- (Forum Super Moderator): Do not avoid the Forum filter.

:Liam
07-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Did you really say that? I cant believe that. Evolution is fact not opinion. There is anthropological evidence supporting this. Everything changes over time, this is due to evolutionary pressures caused by enironmental changes, man-made changes and biological changes.

You could look back at remains of our ancestors take Homo erectus, one of our predecessors that existed, many remains of these have been found, and show adaptions to life such as basic tool use and hand adaption to show the evolution bettween humans and apes. The body of the Homo erectus is fairly similar to ours apart from the fact they have smaller head which suggests we have a larger brain capacity another evolutionary trait.

But anyone back to the point of god, I am an athiest I find the whole idea of god ridiculous. To christians, I respect them I dont think any less of them because they believe in another force, because many people around the world do. But personally I belive in evolution.

shok
07-09-2007, 11:00 PM
Did you really say that? I cant believe that. Evolution is fact not opinion. There is anthropological evidence supporting this. Everything changes over time, this is due to evolutionary pressures caused by enironmental changes, man-made changes and biological changes.

You could look back at remains of our ancestors take Homo erectus, one of our predecessors that existed, many remains of these have been found, and show adaptions to life such as basic tool use and hand adaption to show the evolution bettween humans and apes. The body of the Homo erectus is fairly similar to ours apart from the fact they have smaller head which suggests we have a larger brain capacity another evolutionary trait.

But anyone back to the point of god, I am an athiest I find the whole idea of god ridiculous. To christians, I respect them I dont think any less of them because they believe in another force, because many people around the world do. But personally I belive in evolution.
links ?

anyway its just my view as i havent seen any proof

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!