PDA

View Full Version : Seems The Wii Is Seriously Catching Up

Fez
04-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Last time I checked (Neversoft gave me the link)

Xbox 360 - 11,295,211
PS3 - 4,403,967
Wii - 10,504,966

I think Wii will be number 1 by the 20th

Moved by Neil (Forum Moderator) from Microsoft: Please post in the correct section next time

Nemo
04-09-2007, 08:05 PM
well the wii does own xD i bought my on the 20th august and then it was still hard to get sought of, i got the last 1 and they had them coming in alot!

Neversoft
04-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Was just about to make this thread. :P
I was supprised how much it caught up... Although keep in mind the numbers are estimates. I guess they get the estimates from the votes though, so it can't be far off anyway. Even though it might not be exact, it shows that the Wii is the most popular.

Also, why did you put this under Microsoft? o.o

EDIT: According to Wikipedia this is how much each console has sold as of June 30th 2007:

Xbox 360 - 11.6 million+
Nintendo Wii - 10.7 million+
Playstation 3 - 4.28 million+

Fez
04-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Cause the Wii is catching up to the Xbox 360

Oni
04-09-2007, 08:07 PM
The wii always comes second every month after the ds in console sales ^^. People are finally coming to realise games can be fun without an 18 certificate.

Fez
04-09-2007, 08:09 PM
PLACE YOUR BETS PEOPLE, COME ON PLACE YOUR BETS, WHICH DAY WILL THE WII OUTSELL THE XBOX 360

dibs on September 20th =]

GhostFace-
04-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Wii -Pwns
360 pwns more
ps3 - 500$ = LOL who ever buy it must be :Ocass14

lol

unless u get 1 for free ~_^

i got my wii and 360 free online :]

Aflux
04-09-2007, 08:12 PM
My mate traded in his 360 for a Wii and he hasn't played on it for a month now - for most 'hardcore gamers' it's just not right.

& it's quite obvious that the Wii would catch-up because it's a more family-based console and it's cheaper.

Nemo
04-09-2007, 08:15 PM
My mate traded in his 360 for a Wii and he hasn't played on it for a month now - for most 'hardcore gamers' it's just not right.

& it's quite obvious that the Wii would catch-up because it's a more family-based console and it's cheaper.
well depends on the game i guess, zelda is really fun and not any lil kid or anythin could just play on it. but yeah it is much more family based as u dont need extreme skill to play it.

Fez
04-09-2007, 08:16 PM
it's cheaper.

That's a big main point of Nintendo - it's cheap and for the family , trouble is they ignore hardcore gamers and such, sure Resi 4, Zelda, Mario Galaxy, Metriod Prime 3, but it just seems a bit too... umm... how do I put this... childish? Maybe it's the new controllers, maybe it's my arrogances, maybe I'm ignoring a lot of things but theres just something that doesn't attract me much when somebody says 'Nintendo Wii'

I'll proberly get one anyway in the future, but for now I don't see why

Aflux
04-09-2007, 08:17 PM
well depends on the game i guess, zelda is really fun and not any lil kid or anythin could just play on it. but yeah it is much more family based as u dont need extreme skill to play it.
It's more of a novelty console if you like, 'hardcore' gamers will find the novelty wearing off about now, as I've noticed as 3 of my friends traded their 360's to get Wii's and now wish they hadn't.

Nintendo's consoles were always based around less-hardcore gamers really though, with titles like Mario and such.

Neversoft
04-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Just because the Wii is more family based, it doesn't mean there arnt any games for 'hardcore gamers'. Otherwise every game would be multi-player. As Nemo said, a little kid can't just pick up any game and play it.

Also, edited my other post but this is what the sales are according to Wikipedia as of June 30th 2007.

Xbox 360 - 11.6 million+
Playstation 3 - 4.28 million+

Fez
04-09-2007, 08:20 PM
It's more of a novelty console if you like, 'hardcore' gamers will find the novelty wearing off about now, as I've noticed as 3 of my friends traded their 360's to get Wii's and now wish they hadn't.

Nintendo's consoles were always based around less-hardcore gamers really though, with titles like Mario and such.

This is exactly my point, Nintendo need to reach out to 'everyone' not just normal gamers, if they wanna outsell the 360 before Halo 3, then they've just gotta at least announce a couple of hardcore games to gurrantee it.

If Nintendo reaches out, then they've secured the number 1 space

1,200th post =]

Nemo
04-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Just because the Wii is more family based, it doesn't mean there arnt any games for 'hardcore gamers'. Otherwise every game would be multi-player. As Nemo said, a little kid can't just pick up any game and play it.

Also, edited my other post but this is what the sales are according to Wikipedia as of June 30th 2007.

Xbox 360 - 11.6 million+
Playstation 3 - 4.28 million+yeah it really is catching up, also there are a lil more harder games. Mario strikers charge football is pretty hard on wifi xD and yeah like he sed ^^^^^ you cant just pick up and play any game

Aflux
04-09-2007, 08:21 PM

Aye I know, I mean it's based around the whole family more than any other console.

You don't see brain training or cooking mini-games on the PS3 or 360 :P.

A high percentage of children learn by kinetics so it'd be easier for them, good on Nintendo.

Fez
04-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Aye I know, I mean it's based around the whole family more than any other console.

You don't see brain training or cooking mini-games on the PS3 or 360 :P.

A high percentage of children learn by kinetics so it'd be easier for them, good on Nintendo.

I know Nintendo's all for improving skills and maintaining weight, and good on them and all, it's proberly going to outsell the 360 anyway, and god knows what's going to happen then? But I gurantee it, that on September 26th, Microsoft will sell a million more consoles.

Neversoft
This is exactly my point, Nintendo need to reach out to 'everyone' not just normal gamers, if they wanna outsell the 360 before Halo 3, then they've just gotta at least announce a couple of hardcore games to gurrantee it.

If Nintendo reaches out, then they've secured the number 1 space

1,200th post =]

Sorry to burst your bubble but the point of the Wii is to please everyone. A console the whole family can enjoy. Sure there are more family based games then single player hardcore ones, but the doesn't mean there arnt any. Give it a few more months or even a year, wait until loads of games are released and you will see what I'm on about.

Neil
I think the Wii has done very well, I don't think a single major title (except Red Steel and Zelda) has been released yet, alot of people got the Wii for Super Smash Bros., Mario Galaxy, Metriod and some others, so the Wii has done pretty well really

Fez
04-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Topic moved guys, and I have to agree with it been moved, cos it's about the Console Wars.

The only reason I will purchase a Wii is because I'm a big Mario fan

Nemo
04-09-2007, 08:26 PM
also a few ppl i know said they would just buy a wii for SSBB so..

Neversoft
04-09-2007, 08:26 PM
I think the Wii has done very well, I don't think a single major title (except Red Steel and Zelda) has been released yet, alot of people got the Wii for Super Smash Bros., Mario Galaxy, Metriod and some others, so the Wii has done pretty well really

Exactly what I said in the other thread. :P Once SSBB, Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart are out I think the Wii will do extremly well.

Fez
04-09-2007, 08:29 PM
I don't know, when I wanted a Wii back in Christmas I didn't get one because they didn't have Mario on it, sure as a Vitural Console Game, but I thought I'd just wait 3 months, and not much was realeased that was Marioific. I know that it's proberly just me and my expecations, but the console launch line-up was terrible.

I'm usually a Single-Player btw because I don't know many people in my area (and quite frankly, I don't want to know them)

Neil
04-09-2007, 08:31 PM
also a few ppl i know said they would just buy a wii for SSBB so..

Exactly what I said in the other thread. :P Once SSBB, Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart are out I think the Wii will do extremly well.

Yea, I mean as soon as these games hit the stores I can see the Wii sales exploding up to like 12-14 million at least

Nemo
04-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Yea, I mean as soon as these games hit the stores I can see the Wii sales exploding up to like 12-14 million at least
yeah its gonna be mad xD

Fez
04-09-2007, 08:33 PM
I think the next big Wii game is MySims or Metriod Prime 3...or Super Mario Galaxy

Technologic
04-09-2007, 09:18 PM
urgh. Ima go get a wii just for the hell of it.

England
04-09-2007, 09:30 PM
i got my wii and 360 free online :]
Of course you did.

CrazyColaist
07-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Poor sony,

I bet they feel devistated.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!