PDA

View Full Version : Klaxons win 2007 Mercury Music Prize

liquid
04-09-2007, 09:45 PM
'Myths Of The Near Future' beat off competition from 11 other albums including Amy Winehouse's 'Back To Black', Jamie T's 'Panic Prevention' and favourite Bat For Lashes 'Fur & Gold'

well done to them, it is definitely a great album :) arctic monkeys should have won though :(

distraction
04-09-2007, 10:06 PM
o_O

that is one of the worst albums i've bought all year. amy was robbed. ROBBED.

Tash.
05-09-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm really glad they won, they definitely deserved it, one of the best albums of the year in my opinion.

Jõnathan
05-09-2007, 04:39 PM
o_O

that is one of the worst albums i've bought all year. amy was robbed. ROBBED.

Everyone knows that someone's second album is worse than their first.
It's a musical fact.

samsaBEAR
05-09-2007, 06:13 PM
i think they deserved it
i think althought the arctic monkeys new one is good, it doesnt deserve as many awards as their last album

Janet Snakehole
05-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Personally, Hadouken! should have won..

But I suppose Klaxons FTW. <3

manga21
05-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Indie sucks :D

Janet Snakehole
05-09-2007, 06:44 PM
:O!

HOW DARE THEE.

Indie & Rock FTW. =D

manga21
05-09-2007, 06:46 PM
:O!

HOW DARE THEE.

Indie & Rock FTW. =D

Rock <3 Indie ... :$:eusa_wall:$

samsaBEAR
05-09-2007, 06:51 PM

hadouken! dont have an album out so they cant be nominated

English
05-09-2007, 07:35 PM

hadouken! are a pile of *****!

Indie sucks :D
you suck.

=HeatWave=
05-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Hadouken! are amazingly uber !!!

Klaxons are awesome :D They deserved to win.

distraction
05-09-2007, 08:07 PM
It's a musical fact.

that's such a stupid thing to say, especially when 'back to black' is (slightly) stronger than 'frank'. yeah 'frank' was more in your face, amy's vocals were immaculate because she had not found drugs at that point and not to mention it includes my favourite single of the decade so far, '**** me pumps' on its tracklist but as a whole 'back to black' is better. while 'frank' had clear stand-outs, 'btb' had 11 strong tracks with clear stand-outs too, 'rehab', 'back to black', 'love is a losing game' and 'tears' just to name a few.

klaxon's album is so awful. i was so looking forward to it since i heard 'atlantis to interzone' last summer and apart from the singles it's too samey and forgettable. their second album will be the same recycled rubbish, it'll flop and they'll disappear into obscurity.

and whoever said hadouken! should have won is obviously just latching onto the scene with no clue cos they weren't even nominated o_O.

English
05-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Hadouken! are amazingly uber !!!

Klaxons are awesome :D They deserved to win.

are you deaf? hadouken! literally does sound like a load of **** mixing together! lead singer is a complete grime wannabe.

RedStratocas
05-09-2007, 11:32 PM
It's a musical fact.

usually. how it usually goes for legendary or really famous bands is: first album hit-success with average critical response/second album sophomore slump, doesnt chart well nor bid well with critics/third album critical and charting success. that's the stereotypical formula, but isn't always the case. but with that formula, the killers should come out with something good next time around.

anyway, i'm surprised. the album got terrible reviews from everywhere i saw.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!