PDA

View Full Version : "This is the most important year of your life bullcrap"

Throne Sofa
06-09-2007, 07:38 PM
In year 11 now, and all the teachers are saying "It's the most important year of your life". This annoys me, and it's complete and utter crap. Hows this our most important year in our lives? Surely Alevel years and years when your older are more important. :S:eusa_wall

the wombats
06-09-2007, 07:41 PM
well your GCSEs effect everything you do in your future, like doing A levels, going to college, going to uni, getting a job.

Fez
06-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Yes but it's easy to retake them....

so you could have 2 important years of your life

luke-p
06-09-2007, 09:39 PM
They are... You need good GCSEs to get into college and do A-levels... 5 A*-C grades at least it normaly is...

adidas™
07-09-2007, 01:12 PM
there will be no such thing as "a level years" if you dont take ure gcse's seriously

Jazza
07-09-2007, 05:35 PM
They are the most important, if you fail your GCSEs you can't even take A levels. I'm pretty sure you can't even get a job at mcdonalds unless you have maths and english A-E.

Soil
07-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Cos for a good job you need good GCSE's? GCSE's decide which college you go to - which decides which uni (thats if you are going). That decides which job.

So basically, if you screw up your GCSEs, you probs have to try harder at A levels. O btw, most unis now look at your GCSE's. And they are starting to reject people who have resat exams.

Nixt
07-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah I remember those lectures. I understood the first couple, 'cos they are important - but when you got it in every subject two or three times it began to get frustrating xD

-:Undertaker:-
08-09-2007, 12:20 PM
We got told this in..

Year 7
Year 8
Year 9
and again, Year 10

Nemo
08-09-2007, 12:22 PM
We got told this in..

Year 7
Year 8
Year 9
and again, Year 10
Same, excepy year 10 coz i aint there

Year 7 - you want to make a good impression
Year 8 - You are studying for your SATS
Year 9 - Maths GCSE and doing your SATS

whoooosh
08-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah they are important but they are the most important thing tbh
as long as you get 5 Cs
including maths and english
you can go to pretty much any college
and do any subjects
A levels are much more important

velocity
08-09-2007, 12:25 PM
you wont even get to take the A Levels if you screw up GCSE's

if you dont make enough to reach alevels, or you just decide not to take higher education, your gcse's will decide your future, your job. tbh i think its rather obnoxious of you to question it, as year 11 being your final year is quite obviously the one that means most?

so for you to say its a load of crap makes you look like your not ready for the 'real world' if you obviously havent worked out how your consequences have effect on your future.

Frodo13.
08-09-2007, 12:38 PM
They are most important. As most people have said on this thread, your GCSEs will effect what college you go to, your job and many other aspects of your future.

Unis are also looking at GCSE grades aswell as A Level grades. Because many people are getting good grades in A Level, Unis look at GCSEs so they really get the best of the best.

whoooosh
08-09-2007, 12:43 PM
They are important but not that important
i mean yeah you need to get good grades
but if you fail
you can just resit
or go into a job
if you dont get the grades theres a lot of other things to do

dirrty
08-09-2007, 12:46 PM
but if you fail
you can just resit
or go into a job
they are important. even though you can resit, unis prefer if students got good grades first time round. and if you want a good job, you need the grades.

Frodo13.
08-09-2007, 12:53 PM
but if you fail
you can just resit
or go into a job

Re-siting GCSEs will cost the person taking them a hell of a lot of money. If you were going to re-sit every exam it would add up to hundreds of £s. Might as well actually try hard first time while your school pays for them.

[DC]eption
09-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Yeah its bullcrap mate just doss around.

Alkaz
09-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Actually from year 9 - 11 is the most important years.

Year 9 - sats - gcse revision / course work for some schools
Year 10 - gcse revision / course work / gcse tests
Year 11 - gcse revision / course work / gcse tests

thats practically wot u do. so its not just year 11.

Jazza
09-09-2007, 11:49 AM
they are important. even though you can resit, unis prefer if students got good grades first time round. and if you want a good job, you need the grades.

You can resit some but very few schools will let you retake them all without making you retake the whole year.

Alkaz
09-09-2007, 11:51 AM
my school only lets deserving people do them again.
like people who got lower marks because of nerves or they didnt get wot they expected and worked hard

none of them chavs who thinks they can just do them again if they fail first time.

Technologic
09-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Oh we got this speech on thursday.. and my sister said GCSEs were easy so meh.

I was more interested in how the head of year's trousers could eb worn so high

Paralympics
12-09-2007, 11:06 AM
No, your last year of school is definately the most important.

Because you can't even get into college, or higher education if you fail your exams in most cases.

Your GCSE results will be there for the rest of your life, at job interviews, on your CV, and in most cases; the better you do in school in your GCSES, the more likely you are to pass your A levels, and get a good firm high-payed job
:)

Lycan
12-09-2007, 11:32 AM
second year of college.... perhaps important .. i'm going to wait and find out..

Anyway Year 11 is pretty important, the idea is not to retake them, the idea that the year will effect most of your life for the next 5 years is normally very true

if you have to retake thats one year gone.. if you don't have to retake what colleges can you get into, not the right grades, have to do a lower course, then do the higher course then Uni ...

Andeeh
12-09-2007, 07:23 PM
It will be unless you dont want a good future :)

From Y9 - Y11 Is most important.

Year 9: Sats/Some Gcse Revision/DiDa In IT
Year 10: Gcse Revision And Coursework
Year 11: GCSE's and to decide what future u might have.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!