PDA

View Full Version : Rants/Arguments Section

bo$$
09-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Not sure exactly where to put this but if a Mod could move it to the proper section.. that'll be appreciated :)

Well.. as you may have noticed there's been alot of arguing in alot of threads..
and I mean ALOT.

So what is someone supposed to do?
Well I propose that Habbox Forum introduce a new section called
"Rants/Arguments"

You may be thinking OH THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA THINGS WILL GET OUT OF CONTROL

Well it's simple..
Keep a few rules in tact (No racism, Don't avoid the filter) Stuff like that, but other then that.. let it be.

People are going to fight no matter what. Don't you think it will be a little bit better if there is a section on its own for stuff like that?

Not only would this keep things organized, but it would also keep the fights in its own section, thus keeping the rest of the forum in line.

Threads in this section should be kept open unless its extreme things such as a racist thread, etc.

You might be think that this is a bad idea because some people will get really offended, but it's simple: If you can't handle being insulted, don't go in.

This section wouldn't be just exclusive to arguments. You'd be able to post ANY kind of rant whether it be about school, life, siblings, friends, Habbo, ANYTHING.

Things like this are also a good idea, because usually when people fight and get it over with, the grudge is dropped which makes it better for the forum to be friendly :)

I had a few more ideas in my head.. but I forgot :P
If you have anything that should be added, feel free to post below.
I really think that the forum managers and whatnot should take this into consideration as I DO believe that it would help the forum stop people from fighting in every other thread.

dannyisnotamazing
09-09-2007, 06:26 PM
theres the spam forum tbh. it would get silly and because threads are being made on direct people it wouldn't be fair on that person. i just think they should cut down on infracting/closing threads because of arguments. there only little funny ones not exactly swearing and being racist/abusive etc.

bo$$
09-09-2007, 06:28 PM
theres the spam forum tbh. it would get silly and because threads are being made on direct people it wouldn't be fair on that person. i just think they should cut down on infracting/closing threads because of arguments. there only little funny ones not exactly swearing and being racist/abusive etc.

Yeah there's the spam forum... but spam or not the threads always get closed which makes the fight continue in a new thread. Also, arguments are never kept in the spam section.. they always go to the other sections. I see what you mean though. I suppose they should either make the new section, or just cut down on the infractions and closing threads.

LeftForDead
09-09-2007, 06:29 PM
i like it:)
only problem is is that mods can be biased:\

:....:mike:....:
I like the idea but I do not feel comfortable. I would most likely stop logging into my account if this was introduced.

dirrty
i dont think it would work as people would start to avoid the filter and be rude towards others and it would just get out of hand.

bo$$
i like it:)
only problem is is that mods can be biased:\
Yeah I suppose.

I like the idea but I do not feel comfortable. I would most likely stop logging into my account if this was introduced.

Why?

LeftForDead
09-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Yeah I suppose.

Why?
Cos he would get slated to hell and wouldnt be able to win?

Nick-
09-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Its an interesting idea but its possible to fight and argue over a Forum without resorting to snide comments, swearing and bullying. The main thread in the Spam section thats been going on for most of this afternoon was full of reasonably sensible posts albeit they were all fighting about the same topic which ironically wasnt what the original thread topic was about. :P Its for this reason that the thread managed to get to 16+ pages before being closed.
Most of the posts were reasonably mature in comparison to a lot of fights that happen in the Spam section. Unfortunately some of the less mature members of this Forum who appear to hold some heated grudges decided to resort to petty comments which cannot be repeated leading to the appropriate punishment and thread closure.

An entire section devoted to this sort of behaviour is a little extreme, if this proposed section were to move and develop at the same speed as the arguments in the Spam section it would need constant supervision and observation which is something we cannot guarantee all the time as a Moderation team. :(
It would also require a large amount of trust in other users to not break the rules in the first place and to report any rule breaking they see without responding to it.

:....:mike:....:
09-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Its an interesting idea but its possible to fight and argue over a Forum without resorting to snide comments, swearing and bullying. The main thread in the Spam section thats been going on for most of this afternoon was full of reasonably sensible posts albeit they were all fighting about the same topic which ironically wasnt what the original thread topic was about. :P Its for this reason that the thread managed to get to 16+ pages before being closed.
Most of the posts were reasonably mature in comparison to a lot of fights that happen in the Spam section. Unfortunately some of the less mature members of this Forum who appear to hold some heated grudges decided to resort to petty comments which cannot be repeated leading to the appropriate punishment and thread closure.

An entire section devoted to this sort of behaviour is a little extreme, if this proposed section were to move and develop at the same speed as the arguments in the Spam section it would need constant supervision and observation which is something we cannot guarantee all the time as a Moderation team. :(
It would also require a large amount of trust in other users to not break the rules in the first place and to report any rule breaking they see without responding to it.

I see where you are going with that but I believe at the bottom of my heart that there is potential that it can be successful. However, I probably would not participate because I find that not even 5 hours of argueing will convince people on this forum and that alone bugs me and makes me wonder why I waste time on here trying something that will never be successful.

bo$$
09-09-2007, 07:10 PM

Yeah I see what you're trying to say. I just thought that alot of the arguments imo that aren't THAT bad get closed when they should be left open to just finish the arguing for good (hopefully).

Yoshimitsui
09-09-2007, 07:15 PM
By making that you give people an exuce to start of pointless areguments that will end up in bullying or upsetting other members. We don't want arguments on the forum, we appreciate everyone doesant get on, but giving them some where to argure is taking it too far.

You have a spam section which you can post very freely in. providing your following the rules.

Nick-
09-09-2007, 07:41 PM
By making that you give people an exuce to start of pointless areguments that will end up in bullying or upsetting other members. We don't want arguments on the forum, we appreciate everyone doesant get on, but giving them some where to argure is taking it too far.

You have a spam section which you can post very freely in. providing your following the rules.
Very good point ^^
By having an Arguments/Rants section it would make us seem as if we were encouraging them, and thats the last thing we want to be doing. :)

Mr.OSH
09-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Good idea but as said the problem is not all members are mature enough to have a section like this and would simply cause real problems. Also this would lead to threads making people feel unwanted or unhappy visiting the forum because people have the opportunity to complain about them. It would just turn into a huge rule breaking section. There is enough rule breaking going on around the spam forum daily and that forum is for spam not for arguments so imagine the amount of problems that would occur in that kind of a section. Also due to it being a rant/argument section there would be more problems in moderating as some people could take offence or be upset by threads even if they do not contain rule breaking so its hard to moderate it in a way that keeps all members happy.

bo$$
09-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Ahh. Thanks for the responses.
I just thought it would be a good idea due to all the arguments that have been happening lately.

L!nK
09-09-2007, 08:24 PM
Ill be making a thead every day tbh.. thats how much i argue lm\o

Eamonn
09-09-2007, 08:28 PM
why, when it is so much more enjoyable to argue in the other forums wher the mods riot :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!