PDA

View Full Version : Running away

ToxicPaddy
13-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Hello

Well, basically, I dont like homelife. At all. My real dad doesnt live with us, and I live with my mum, mums boyfriend, and 2 sisters. I sometimes get on with her boyfriend, and sometimes dont but in general I dont like him. My mum is fine to live with and my baby sister is also good to live with. My 12yr old sister is really really, well, bad. When my mum isint looking, she will throw remote controls or candles at me and hit me and pull my hair. It sounds a little childish, but after a while you cannot put up with it any longer. She gets me in trouble for things I didnt do, and surprise surprise she is always seen as the innocent little sister who hasnt done anything wrong, which gets me in trouble. School is good, and its nice to get away from my family.

Me and my friend are going to London on saturday to get away from everything, its close and he needs to get away aswell. My mum thinks we are going to town, if I told her the truth I wouldnt be allowed. Both of us are considering running away while we are in London. I really want to, but im worried if I get caught because if I do I will be in so much trouble no doubt.

Has anyone been in a situation like this before? Can anyone give me advice? All help is appericiated.

ToxicPaddy

Nemo
13-09-2007, 08:58 PM
dont run away, you will regret it. tell your mum about her BF and just explain to her seriously that your sister is annoying you, also threaten ur sis and scare her.

whoooosh
13-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Running away from everything wont solve your problems
they will still always be there
you just need a break from everything
and tell your mum whats happening

dirrty
13-09-2007, 09:01 PM
how old are you?

ToxicPaddy
13-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Im 13, and I tell my mum about things like sister and mums boyfriend, and she says that I should ignore it.

Nemo
13-09-2007, 09:05 PM
tell her again, tell her that you are thinking of running away, she may say NO i wont let you, tell her she cant lock you up forever and you will if things arent soughted out.

dirrty
13-09-2007, 09:05 PM
well thats pointless then isnt it?

where are you gonna live, how are you gonna pay for things?

you may think that running away is better than homelife, but i doubt it is. call childline if you have problems, not run away. that wont solve anything.

also if that doesnt work, live with your dad if you can.

ToxicPaddy
13-09-2007, 09:10 PM
I didnt think where I would live, It wasnt planned properly. To live with my dad I have to move country, and his new wife doesnt want me too.

Galactica
13-09-2007, 09:21 PM
Mate, you might think running away will solve things... But it really wouldn't what would you do, what would you live on and mainly where would you live...

Those are three main points and I doubt you could solve any of those, if you ran off... if you do have problems at home and don't like living at home and would rather live with foster parents, then maybe ring the child line... They will question your mum and maybe put you in foster care.. Which I doubt you would like... Because I'm sure I would prefer to live with my parents.

If your struggling with life, feel free to PM me and I'll answer any questions needed.

Josh

adidas™
13-09-2007, 09:22 PM
dont be pathetic. running away isnt going to solve anything.

Galactica
13-09-2007, 09:23 PM
dont be pathetic. running away isnt going to solve anything.

Dude, that really isn't going to help him.

Metric.
14-09-2007, 01:13 AM
Dude, that really isn't going to help him.

And running away will... .. .

WarezKid
14-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Hmmm, I been in things like this. I suggest you talk to something in your family like your aunt or mum brother or something, if that dont work then i suggest you gonna have to ring childline (0800 1111) and talk to them. They might help, they might not, Also it free and no one will know (:

If your really wishing to ran away then i suggest you plan it out and have some money just incase you need to come back, Example; train fare ect.

That all.

Minstrels
14-09-2007, 03:16 PM
When your mum and her bf are out stand behind a door and put a knife to your sisters kneck and tell her to stop the **** or things could be worse. Then she won't do anything to you again..... or she may call the police.

Mikkaoz
14-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Running away will start more problems than it will solve.

Also, running away in London is a BAD idea, you'll get raped, beaten, and start taking drugs. Don't bother going there, you'll get no help.

Nixt
14-09-2007, 05:20 PM
People keep reiterating the fact that running away is a bad idea, so I think you've got that message by now. Alternatives to running away however, are a lot harder to come by. What would I suggest then? Firstly you say your mum is fine; in my opinion your issue is solved there. Running away would just upset your mum, talking to your mum and telling her how you feel about both your step dad and your sister will probably upset her but it will be less upsetting than you disappearing without a trace.
So, talk to your mum and say that it's getting to the point where you are feeling about just leaving and not coming back. Make her realise just how serious and upsetting the situation is and hopefully she will sort things. Try this, I'll have my fingers crossed for you, and if it doesn't work then post again and we'll think about other steps. Remember though - don't run away!

Saosin
14-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Social Services.

g
14-09-2007, 06:04 PM
I Dont know if any one thinks this is wrong or whatsoever :S

but when i ran away i thought it was kl staying at my friends my ''runaway'' lasted 4 week''s and i took all my savings with me = £186 and when i came back they knew where i was so they were cool with it :P

today
14-09-2007, 06:49 PM
I Dont know if any one thinks this is wrong or whatsoever :S

but when i ran away i thought it was kl staying at my friends my ''runaway'' lasted 4 week''s and i took all my savings with me = £186 and when i came back they knew where i was so they were cool with it :P
Not everyone's family doesnt give two ***** about them though ;)

Albion
14-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Im 13 and have thought about this with a freind, we planned it and everything, we were in trouble with the police at the time, I couldnt controll what was going on at home, what was going to happen to me, i went away for 1 night in a tent, my mum got so worried she rang the police, when i finally went home the next night, I got shouted at and told to go to my room, i got slapped a few times, we diddnt talk for about a week, nothing not a word, she diddnt make tea for me for 2 days, so i just went without, and brought stuff with my money, i also lost my TV and sterio and the computer, But when she calmed down, i explained to her everything that happend about the theiveing of a bike, and truanting of school, Somtimes i feel like why was i born, or what am i to do in life, how am i going to come out, what will happen if i get kicked out at 16 like my brother who is now 21, i get scared about life, but all im ever thinking about is when i have enough money to move out, asoon as i have the money, i couldnt take it anymore, drived me insane, and the worser thing was, when everything got back to normal, i steped out of line one bit it was happen all over again and i'd be back to the start again, Things have gotten better over time, but things still could be better, at the moment im totally suffering from Low self esteem, and i dont know how to recover from it, all i know is i will have to live with that i had a rubbish childhood, because i made it rubbish, sometimes i feel depressed, but if you are thinking about running away, and you have had enough like i did, get intouch with 08001111 its free, dont need any credit, they helped me when my parents were angry with me, everything is privet and confidential, the staff are very nice and comfortable to speak to, Hope this helped you.

;:.Alex

sarey
14-09-2007, 09:00 PM
i've ran away, numerous times before.
all those times i was caught.
it was scary outside by myself too.
i was only about 10 or something.
it was dark, cold and scary.
especially around my area.
sure, family life can be crap.
my sister and me arn't the best of sisters.
we do fight, we do have physical fights too, but we love each other.
and she was the one who came after me most of the times i tried to ran away.

running away, and at your age, is a bad idea.
at home, you've got shelter, warmth, food, water, etc.
if you run away, where will you get them things?
you're family, regardless of how they act around you, WILL worry and will probably call the police to search for you if/when they find out.
maybe talk to someone at school, or someone you trust.
or your mum.
tell her what your sister does.
keep telling her.
don't give up on telling someone.
maybe someone will listen and then you could get it sorted out.

goodluck.

edit -
but in the meantime, just ignore your sister.
if you can.
if you can't, just politely ask her to stop what she's doing, if she doesn't, walk away.
it's what sisters are like.
pain in the butts.
but she's just a kid, got alot of growing up to do.

ToxicPaddy
14-09-2007, 11:01 PM
I really appericiate ALL your help, and tommorrow (saturday) im sleeping at my friends house, he and his mum knows theres arguements here and she thinks it would be good for me to get away from it :)

I will ignore her, and do the things that I usually do (play computer) and I have a piano test for the Irish-Aus song Waltzing matilda coming up very shortly so wish me luck :D

sarey
14-09-2007, 11:07 PM
goodluck & also i'm glad you'll be getting a break away from everything.

<3

lAdmire
16-09-2007, 05:39 PM
LOL!
run away to london?
and how will you survive?
what happens when it's winter & gets cold?
hmm?
where will you sleep?
why not talk to your mom about how you're feeling.
if she doesn't understand ask to live with your real dad.
before this talk to your dad about your situation too.
yep.
i hope everything works out for the best.

but before you runaway, you have to take everything into consideration.
like food, shelter, clothing, school, etc.
& also, how many psycho people are out there?
really?
will you be safe?
no.
really.
think.

Tbh
16-09-2007, 10:48 PM
london isnt a very nice place at night to runaway too

BlueEyedSarah
16-09-2007, 10:50 PM
Im 13, and I tell my mum about things like sister and mums boyfriend, and she says that I should ignore it.
You could do with an ignore button like they have on habbo ;)

:Hazel
16-09-2007, 10:50 PM
you need to talk to your mum and explain everything to her. DO NOT run away to London, it isn;t safe for 2 kids to be wandering around at all. Think before you make a rash decision which could prove dangerous and get you into more trouble than your already in.

DiscoPat
17-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Trust me, the last thing that can help you is run away.

Janet Snakehole
17-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Running away would actually be rather silly tbh. :(

ToxicPaddy
17-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Things have improved since I made this thread. I just ignore my sister now, I'm older and more mature :P Running away isint the answer, especially London now I realize. Thank you for your help :)

Btw to the person who said about ask to live with my real dad, I cant because his new wife doesnt want me too.

Saosin
18-09-2007, 05:20 PM
**** is new wife. If you can't stay with your dad because his new wife doesn't want you to stay then your dad needs a back bone.

Sorry if that offended you in some way but I hate it when people are like that.

Things have improved since I made this thread. I just ignore my sister now, I'm older and more mature :P Running away isint the answer, especially London now I realize. Thank you for your help :)

Btw to the person who said about ask to live with my real dad, I cant because his new wife doesnt want me too.

BlueEyedSarah
18-09-2007, 06:30 PM
**** is new wife. If you can't stay with your dad because his new wife doesn't want you to stay then your dad needs a back bone.

Sorry if that offended you in some way but I hate it when people are like that.
^ I agree with this post.

Loqo
20-09-2007, 07:50 PM
We all have these little phases were we think.. i dont need this **** and am off, away and never to be seen again. Seriously, your 13 and no idea were you going to sleep, get food, etc. And London aint the brightest of places to be going if you do run away. I have had them thoughts before i had a couple of arguments with my Dad, my sister was being a b**** and i wanted to go but the next day in school i talked to a freind and thankfully he talked some sense into me and am glad he did because now i realise i would of regretted running away. Dont do it, it wont solve anything. And Ragdoll, i totally agree with your post. I hate people like that.

- Loqo

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!