PDA

View Full Version : Foo fighters new album review

manga21
13-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Okies here it goes

Ha :D

The pretender - 9.2/10 Very good song indeed,

Let it die - 9.3/10 This song is very good indeed, Acoustic then changing into a hard rock song with it going acoustic quickly then again back into rock with dave screaming LET IT DIE awesome!

Erase/Replace 9.4/10 Woah this song is killer. This is a rock song... the bridge is awesome too, brilliant song.

Long road to Ruin- 9.1/10 This song is very happy and cheery , very nice , great chorus catchy bassline, great verse , great solo whats not to love about it xD?

Come alive 9.4/10 This song... woah a great riff... then when the second verse comes in with the violin bass and whistley piano thing sounds dreamy and fantastic and when it goes into the rock part fantastic ..

Stranger things have happened 9/10 Great fantastic guitar work and vocals , very dymatic with its stops and what not .

Cheer up boys (your make up is running ) 9.3/10 I LOVE IT! This is a rock song! Catchy fun... just kicks *** , a great sing along , guitars sound great vocals... woah!

Summers end 8.9/10 - I love this song..! So much! Intro riff sounds blues/country like and the song .. well reminds me sorta of Disenchanted Lullaby / Mia / aint the life. And the verse and chorus is brill

Ballad of the beaconfield miners - 8/10 sounds great. very nice guitar work.

Statues- 8/10 this sounds wierd at first. but as it gets in its good but ... well it sounds strange for the foo fighters it starts off with this guitar riff then its piano but it gets good when the rest of the band kick in and its quite cheery too :) I like it :)

But honestly - 9.5 I love this song beautiful , great lyrics , the acoustic guitar sounds lovey then violin kicks in the second verse and sounds nice, and the chorus with taylor backing sounds wonderful too , then there is a big build up and then electric that sorta reminds me of new way home , 3rd favorite foo song brillient.. :)

Home - 9.7 .... Woah stunning... listen for yourself.

One and for all (demo) 8.5/10 Yeah I love this! Very TINLTL reminds me of hey johnny park a bit , but it sounds very good! :D

9/10 Beats IYH one by one and S/T by a mile. Fantastic album really is, I dunno weather it is better then NLTL or CATS but it is about the same as them. A beautiful rocking album!

RedStratocas
15-09-2007, 05:21 PM
i ewed @ the new album unfortunatly. they should of called it echoes, silence, predictable, and grace. i saw what was coming every song. there were no surprises which is what i loved about the old foos. i could tell before every single song that when they started off quiet, they were going to go to loud suddenly. which would be okay, but these songs didnt have hooks. quiet to loud doesnt mean it's a hook, there's got to be a tempo change, a realization, or a mood swing. but all of the loud parts just seemed to be louder versions of the song in the beginning.

eh. but maybe i'll get used to it.

manga21
16-09-2007, 06:32 PM
i ewed @ the new album unfortunatly. they should of called it echoes, silence, predictable, and grace. i saw what was coming every song. there were no surprises which is what i loved about the old foos. i could tell before every single song that when they started off quiet, they were going to go to loud suddenly. which would be okay, but these songs didnt have hooks. quiet to loud doesnt mean it's a hook, there's got to be a tempo change, a realization, or a mood swing. but all of the loud parts just seemed to be louder versions of the song in the beginning.

eh. but maybe i'll get used to it.

Not predictable at all, i am sorry but what is the old foos? They changed but sounded the same every album , No way you thought stranger things wasnt going to be loud at all. How was old foo suprising? I think this album was the most experimental.
?

RedStratocas
16-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Not predictable at all, i am sorry but what is the old foos? They changed but sounded the same every album , No way you thought stranger things wasnt going to be loud at all. How was old foo suprising? I think this album was the most experimental.
?

they change with every album but up until OBO they were all about fun, ridiculous angst and realizations. the songs progressed. this album has the same formula as many of their others, but doesn't have any of the traits which made their first 2 albums classics. foo fighters have always had the stereotypical 4-piece 90's band sound weakness, but they used to have fun and unseriousness to make up for it.

listen to it if you want, but im not too impressed which is a shame. it's one of the few disappointing albums i've heard this year.

manga21
16-09-2007, 09:37 PM
they change with every album but up until OBO they were all about fun, ridiculous angst and realizations. the songs progressed. this album has the same formula as many of their others, but doesn't have any of the traits which made their first 2 albums classics. foo fighters have always had the stereotypical 4-piece 90's band sound weakness, but they used to have fun and unseriousness to make up for it.

listen to it if you want, but im not too impressed which is a shame. it's one of the few disappointing albums i've heard this year.

CATS was no way Fun at all I think it was quite serious if you get me, I think This album and TINLTL Is there best. There about 40 now what was you really expecting ? It seems like you dont like any of there albums apart from S/T and TCATS So why are you so disappointed? It defo isnt the same formula, they have gone for the more classic rock vibe were as S/l and cats were sorta post-grunge and obo was hard rock , iyh rock and acoustic and TINLTL A fun colourful rock album. I think its one of there most strongest albums and musically.. best .

RedStratocas
16-09-2007, 09:45 PM
CATS was no way Fun at all I think it was quite serious if you get me, I think This album and TINLTL Is there best. There about 40 now what was you really expecting ? It seems like you dont like any of there albums apart from S/T and TCATS So why are you so disappointed? It defo isnt the same formula, they have gone for the more classic rock vibe were as S/l and cats were sorta post-grunge and obo was hard rock , iyh rock and acoustic and TINLTL A fun colourful rock album. I think its one of there most strongest albums and musically.. best .

i think TC&TS was very fun. monkey wrench? wind up? see you? and what does age have to do with anything? the guys in sonic youth [who by the way were a major inspiration for foo fighters] are still making classic albums and they're all almost or over 50 years old. and i love S/T, TC&TS, OBO, and IYH is decent but nothing at all special. TINLTL is quite dull to me, but it isnt even recent.

manga21
16-09-2007, 09:56 PM
i think TC&TS was very fun. monkey wrench? wind up? see you? and what does age have to do with anything? the guys in sonic youth [who by the way were a major inspiration for foo fighters] are still making classic albums and they're all almost or over 50 years old. and i love S/T, TC&TS, OBO, and IYH is decent but nothing at all special. TINLTL is quite dull to me, but it isnt even recent.

You were saying you didnt like it cos it wasnt about fun yet you say you like obo and iyh? :S I could name 3 songs off ESPG that are fun Cheer up boys , Long road to ruin, Statues, I mean there age, there getting older getting into different types of music, I love what there doing now some really good songs, TCATS was 10 years ago I would really hate if all there albums sounded the same TINLTL is there best album btw :)

RedStratocas
16-09-2007, 10:19 PM
You were saying you didnt like it cos it wasnt about fun yet you say you like obo and iyh? :S I could name 3 songs off ESPG that are fun Cheer up boys , Long road to ruin, Statues, I mean there age, there getting older getting into different types of music, I love what there doing now some really good songs, TCATS was 10 years ago I would really hate if all there albums sounded the same TINLTL is there best album btw :)

they still had the fun attitude during th obo era. you can tell by their videos. it didnt sound it as much but the songs weren't as serious. and i dont like iyh that much. most of the songs aren't very good. and i dont think their taste in music has changed at all :/ he's liked queen and LZ since he started. i dont think thats a difference. and i never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever said i wanted all their albums to sound the same. ever.

and their best is definitely either TC&TS or s/t

manga21
17-09-2007, 07:17 AM
TINLTL is personal to me so I suppose in all respects it boils down to opinion but maybye I love this album cos its like TINLTL seeing as that what made me a fan , I do really love TCATS and TINLTL equally but TINLTL just wins by a little bit, s/l thats a fun album but compare it to say tcats or tinltl it seems [pretty weak musicaly but still its a treasure. I can see were your going , but this is a serious album I suppose there not young and messing about I suppose and this album represent were they are in there life , I can see why you say TINLTL is dull,

distraction
17-09-2007, 03:12 PM
the colour and the shape > every other thing dave grohl has done.

Browney
17-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Too many abbreviations! :eusa_wall;)

I love "The Pretender."

RedStratocas
17-09-2007, 07:37 PM
TINLTL is personal to me so I suppose in all respects it boils down to opinion but maybye I love this album cos its like TINLTL seeing as that what made me a fan , I do really love TCATS and TINLTL equally but TINLTL just wins by a little bit, s/l thats a fun album but compare it to say tcats or tinltl it seems [pretty weak musicaly but still its a treasure. I can see were your going , but this is a serious album I suppose there not young and messing about I suppose and this album represent were they are in there life , I can see why you say TINLTL is dull,

don't get me wrong though, TINLTL isnt a bad album, i'm just not a fan. musically, it's good, i just never liked many of the songs on it. the only song that really sticks out to me is stacked actors

and @ abbreviations; modest mouse has ridiculously long [yet witty] album names. theirs are even worse to abbreviate. like GNFPWLBN, WWDBTSES, and TIALDFSWNTTA

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!