PDA

View Full Version : What about a Apple iPlay / iGame / iConsole

TitaniumRubber
14-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Remember the Pipin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Pippin), ok yes it was very bad console but it was a apple gaming console :D. Well for some reason i think apple should come along and release a new gaming console or handheld gaming console, being apple it would be very expensive probably but also it would be good am i right? This topic is here to ask you, would you like a apple console?

Technologic
14-09-2007, 06:18 PM
No.

Too many consoles already tbh.

Josh-H
14-09-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm an apple fanboy but no, an apple console wouldn't be a good thing. They can hardly get dev support for OS X so thats where they should concentrate.

TitaniumRubber
14-09-2007, 06:43 PM
There is only really two proper consoles on the market, the wii is a just a make a fool of yourself jump in the air and whack your hands around thing. For something like this:
http://www.ntamultiaventura.com/fanaticjapan/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/iplay.jpg would easyly steal xbox and ps3 fans and apple would be on their way to the top in minutes. I feel sorry for the person who has created a mockup of what he/she thinks an Apple gaming console might look like. To me, this looks like a trashcan or some kind of space-age paper-shredder. And Apple would never design a controller like that. It's got some Apple spit-and-polish, but I feel the overall design of this is just wrong; Apple would never release a product that looks like this (go ahead Apple; prove me wrong). But it's still fun to look at.

velocity
14-09-2007, 06:46 PM
apple wont, because if they screw up a games console, thats their reputation down the drain. along with several million.

TitaniumRubber
14-09-2007, 06:55 PM
apple wont, because if they screw up a games console, thats their reputation down the drain. along with several million.

Well they can release it in an other country first and if its a hit, then they can release it world wide. Alot of companies have mashed up games consoles even SHARP (i think) but they have lost no reputation and apple has soo many fan-boys its untrue, they wont just go buy a PC because a apple game console didn't sell!

Josh-H
14-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Well they can release it in an other country first and if its a hit, then they can release it world wide.

it costs MILLIONS to develop a console... they wouldn't develop it on the basis of "if its a hit we'll release it worldwide".

Neil
14-09-2007, 08:48 PM
There is only really two proper consoles on the market, the wii is a just a make a fool of yourself jump in the air and whack your hands around thing. For something like this:
http://www.ntamultiaventura.com/fanaticjapan/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/iplay.jpg would easyly steal xbox and ps3 fans and apple would be on their way to the top in minutes. I feel sorry for the person who has created a mockup of what he/she thinks an Apple gaming console might look like. To me, this looks like a trashcan or some kind of space-age paper-shredder. And Apple would never design a controller like that. It's got some Apple spit-and-polish, but I feel the overall design of this is just wrong; Apple would never release a product that looks like this (go ahead Apple; prove me wrong). But it's still fun to look at.

Apple would never be able to compete with Microsoft and Sony in the gaming world, end of, they can barely keep an OS stable let alone a whole console

GommeInc
14-09-2007, 08:56 PM
It will suck and would never compete against the big 3.

Oni
14-09-2007, 09:44 PM
it costs MILLIONS to develop a console... they wouldn't develop it on the basis of "if its a hit we'll release it worldwide".
*Cough* iPhone *Cough*

If apple did one it would have like a 500GB hardrive and would be rediculously overpriced.

' the wii is a just a make a fool of yourself jump in the air and whack your hands around thing '
How neive you are...

GommeInc
14-09-2007, 10:23 PM
*Cough* iPhone *Cough*

If apple did one it would have like a 500GB hardrive and would be rediculously overpriced.

' the wii is a just a make a fool of yourself jump in the air and whack your hands around thing '
How neive you are...
How dull and boring you are :rolleyes: The Wii is more of a 'get involved with the game and have fun' type of console, the make a fool of yourself is optional :rolleyes:

Also, the iPhone sucks. It's being sold through the Apple brand name than the phone itself and has a multi-touch screen which is pointless and very unpractical. Only dumb people plan on buying one, or Apple fanatics.

If Apple did make one, no companies would bother converting the games into some crappy Apple format nor waste their time making games for it anyway. They would need their own brand.

Oni
14-09-2007, 10:36 PM
How dull and boring you are :rolleyes: The Wii is more of a 'get involved with the game and have fun' type of console, the make a fool of yourself is optional :rolleyes:
Thats my point it isnt 'just' a jump in the air thing to make a fool of yourself

Also, the iPhone sucks. It's being sold through the Apple brand name than the phone itself and has a multi-touch screen which is pointless and very unpractical. Only dumb people plan on buying one, or Apple fanatics.
This is also my point, look at my quote, he said they wouldnt develop it for one place well they did for the iphone.

GommeInc
14-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Thats my point it isnt 'just' a jump in the air thing to make a fool of yourself

This is also my point, look at my quote, he said they wouldnt develop it for one place well they did for the iphone.
Lol sorry, my mind is fraggle rocked at the moment. Family issues. I don't pick up sarcasm or ' at the moment :P

GoldenMerc
14-09-2007, 10:52 PM
I quite like that

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!