PDA

View Full Version : Wii are the champions!!!

Oni
15-09-2007, 12:49 PM
The wii has now overtakes the xbox 360 in worldwide sales, the first time a nintendo home console has been top since the 16 bit era.
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6178666.html

Nemo
15-09-2007, 12:53 PM
woohoo :] wii rules xP

Stitch
15-09-2007, 12:53 PM
:eusa_clap Go Wii!!!!!

Oni
15-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Now all wii need is different colours like they were supposed to do :)
http://astrx.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/colored-wii.jpg

Although the DS took along time to change colour.

Nemo
15-09-2007, 07:17 PM
i think i'd stick to the normal one.

Mattch
15-09-2007, 07:18 PM
GO WII :)

Oni
15-09-2007, 07:20 PM
i think i'd stick to the normal one.
I wouldnt buy a new one for the colour obviously but im loving the green.

Aflux
15-09-2007, 07:22 PM
How are they the champions?

A champion would mean someone looses and Microsoft nor Sony have lost, they just haven't sold as many as they cost more.

Oni
15-09-2007, 09:01 PM

A champion would mean someone looses and Microsoft nor Sony have lost, they just haven't sold as many as they cost more.
Calm down, its just a play on words of the queen song.

Neversoft
15-09-2007, 11:51 PM
The wii has now overtakes the xbox 360 in worldwide sales, the first time a nintendo home console has been top since the 16 bit era.
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6178666.html

We all knew this would happen. :P The Wii has already won imo.

Way to spoil the thread.

Neil
15-09-2007, 11:54 PM
We all knew this would happen. :P The Wii has already won imo.

Way to spoil the thread.

Na he's right, I mean the Wii could only get these sales due to it being more fun and a hell of alot cheaper, I'm sure it would of had trouble it the PS3 and 360 were as cheap as the Wii on launch
But still it deserves it, a great console, the different colours look back though, I like the standard one, like the xbox 360, the Wii looks best in the original colour

Neversoft
16-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Na he's right, I mean the Wii could only get these sales due to it being more fun and a hell of alot cheaper, I'm sure it would of had trouble it the PS3 and 360 were as cheap as the Wii on launch
But still it deserves it, a great console, the different colours look back though, I like the standard one, like the xbox 360, the Wii looks best in the original colour

360's don't really cost a bomb now do they? As for PS3's, hmm perhaps but its just another PS2 with better graphics really. I mean come on, they haven't even changed the controller since, ever. You couldn't proove that correct though because PS3's are not cheap and probably won't be as cheap as the Wii 'til the PS4. ;)

Neil
16-09-2007, 12:02 AM
360's don't really cost a bomb now do they? As for PS3's, hmm perhaps but its just another PS2 with better graphics really. I mean come on, they haven't even changed the controller since, ever. You couldn't proove that correct though because PS3's are not cheap and probably won't be as cheap as the Wii 'til the PS4. ;)

Yea but alot more sony fanboys would of got PS3 on release if it was as cheap as the Wii was
And na 360's have dropped quite alot but I think Wii is still cheaper :P
I can easily see Wii becoming superior in gameplay, the only let down is graphics but even for a console that doesn't focus on them much it's still pretty amazing

Neversoft
16-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Yea but alot more sony fanboys would of got PS3 on release if it was as cheap as the Wii was
And na 360's have dropped quite alot but I think Wii is still cheaper :P
I can easily see Wii becoming superior in gameplay, the only let down is graphics but even for a console that doesn't focus on them much it's still pretty amazing

Well, you never know. :P Have you seen SSBB's graphics!? Pretty spectacular if you ask me.

Neil
16-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Well, you never know. :P Have you seen SSBB's graphics!? Pretty spectacular if you ask me.

Yea for a console that has "terrible" graphics Twilight Princess and SSBB have pretty damn amazing graphics xD

It's all because a lot of Nintendo games look cartoony, which to alot of people makes them kids games, because they look innocent and colourful, yet all the consoles have there own childish/colourful game
360 - Viva Pinata
PSP/PS(2/3) - LocoRoco

All amazing games that look really childish but everyone likes to play them because they're fun

Andeeh
16-09-2007, 06:44 AM
Good Job Wii :P

But ill stick to my 360 :P

Getting Wii At Xmas Hopefully!

GhostFace-
16-09-2007, 06:47 AM
I Wouldent But Another Color :>

Maybe Black

Axel
16-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Duh, SSBB soon!

Oni
16-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Also you could say the wii is winning because its cheapest but if it cost more how do you know it wouldnt be winning? If it was priced higher Nintendo could give it better graphics.

TO ALERT YOU ALL GET SUPER PAPER MARIO!!! Its my favirote game on the wii so far, its really is immense.

Neil
16-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Also you could say the wii is winning because its cheapest but if it cost more how do you know it wouldnt be winning? If it was priced higher Nintendo could give it better graphics.

TO ALERT YOU ALL GET SUPER PAPER MARIO!!! Its my favirote game on the wii so far, its really is immense.

People generally go for the cheapest console, the Wii is fun and cheap so it's an obvious pick up for a lot of people, and Nintendo didn't want to give it great graphics, they don't care for graphics, they never have and never will, the only reason the graphics get better on Nintendo consoles is probably because people wouldn't buy a console if it had the same as the original Mario and you can do more with 3D, with 2D is was just a few dots going around the screen
Expect the amount of Wii sales to shoot up when Mario Galaxy and SSBB are closer to launch :P

mangle
16-09-2007, 06:07 PM
I totally want a black Wii.
They look AWESOME. Im probably going to buy a WII @ xmas anyway :)

Oni
16-09-2007, 06:11 PM
People generally go for the cheapest console, the Wii is fun and cheap so it's an obvious pick up for a lot of people, and Nintendo didn't want to give it great graphics, they don't care for graphics, they never have and never will, the only reason the graphics get better on Nintendo consoles is probably because people wouldn't buy a console if it had the same as the original Mario and you can do more with 3D, with 2D is was just a few dots going around the screen
Expect the amount of Wii sales to shoot up when Mario Galaxy and SSBB are closer to launch :P
Yeh I agree that nintendo dont but im just saying 'IF'. The only thing is that the xbox may overtake again later in the month with halo 3.

Neil
16-09-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeh I agree that nintendo dont but im just saying 'IF'. The only thing is that the xbox may overtake again later in the month with halo 3.

Yea, with Halo 3, COD4 and GTA4 releases still to come I can see the PS3 and 360 sales being boosted alot (Especially 360 having all 3 of those games)

Fez
16-09-2007, 06:42 PM
I knew this would happen .... and i just got a PS3! I'll probably get one when Mario Kart is released.

Neil
16-09-2007, 06:50 PM
I knew this would happen .... and i just got a PS3! I'll probably get one when Mario Kart is released.

Wii is better xD
Why don't you have xbox live yet?! :o

I hope the Wii version of mario kart has new stuff :P
New characters/cars and tracks, the DS one was awesome but I'd hate to see the same game ported to Wii xD

Nemo
16-09-2007, 06:51 PM
tbh, i dont think mario kart is gonna be that great on the wii if u have to turn by having the wiimote on its side... like.. sonic basically, i wouldnt like if its like that.

mangle
16-09-2007, 06:59 PM
When the WII gets a few more big name titles out and maybe has a price drop i'll look into it :)

Nemo
16-09-2007, 07:00 PM
When the WII gets a few more big name titles out and maybe has a price drop i'll look into it :)
its not even greatly expensive compared to other games, and cant wait for SSBB :) that is gonna so rule.

Neil
16-09-2007, 07:11 PM
tbh, i dont think mario kart is gonna be that great on the wii if u have to turn by having the wiimote on its side... like.. sonic basically, i wouldnt like if its like that.

Classic controller ;)
I'd only use the Wiimote on games it's really needed for, excite truck might be fun with the Wiimote but Mario Kart styled racing would be better with the classic controller, and you just know people online will use it so might aswell join them xD

GommeInc
16-09-2007, 07:16 PM
But if 360s and PS3s did cost the same, or nearly the same as the Wii, then they'll have to work on games that extent into the 'fun' games which Nintendo are famous for creating. If an Xbox 360 was cheap, I wouldn;t buy one other than for GTA IV, but then again I may not bother buying one anyway.

Nemo
16-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Classic controller ;)
I'd only use the Wiimote on games it's really needed for, excite truck might be fun with the Wiimote but Mario Kart styled racing would be better with the classic controller, and you just know people online will use it so might aswell join them xDyer i guess, i aint got a classic controller tho xo i need one :P how much are they?

Neil
16-09-2007, 07:26 PM
But if 360s and PS3s did cost the same, or nearly the same as the Wii, then they'll have to work on games that extent into the 'fun' games which Nintendo are famous for creating. If an Xbox 360 was cheap, I wouldn;t buy one other than for GTA IV, but then again I may not bother buying one anyway.

Well the 360 and PS3 have fun games aswell, the Wii has unique games which are fun, I love my 360 games, I enjoy playing them all, I find most games fun because they're unique, I don't think the 360 and PS3 would need any different games than what they were released with to compete with the Wii when they were lauched and if the all launched at the Wiis price, the Wii is popular because it's fun, unique and cheap, the 360 and PS3 are basically just general consoles on for super high detail graphics and one for professional online play, all the consoles hit a different style in one way or another, the Wii has the unique games, the 360 has xbox live and the PS3 has the graphics
I know they all have online now but xbox live is much more professional than PSN and whatever they called the Wii online mode xD

yer i guess, i aint got a classic controller tho xo i need one :P how much are they?

If you live in the UK they're £15 in GAME

Nemo
16-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Well the 360 and PS3 have fun games aswell, the Wii has unique games which are fun, I love my 360 games, I enjoy playing them all, I find most games fun because they're unique, I don't think the 360 and PS3 would need any different games than what they were released with to compete with the Wii when they were lauched and if the all launched at the Wiis price, the Wii is popular because it's fun, unique and cheap, the 360 and PS3 are basically just general consoles on for super high detail graphics and one for professional online play, all the consoles hit a different style in one way or another, the Wii has the unique games, the 360 has xbox live and the PS3 has the graphics
I know they all have online now but xbox live is much more professional than PSN and whatever they called the Wii online mode xD

If you live in the UK they're £15 in GAMEwell i got £85, so thats enough, ill get one wen i need one ;)

Neil
16-09-2007, 07:28 PM
well i got £85, so thats enough, ill get one wen i need one ;)

I'm gonna get one when I buy a Wii, I'm hoping to have one near the SSBB launch, then I'll pick up an extra Wiimote, and depending on how much I have a few more games :P

Nemo
16-09-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm gonna get one when I buy a Wii, I'm hoping to have one near the SSBB launch, then I'll pick up an extra Wiimote, and depending on how much I have a few more games :P
hehe, i thought u had one O.o, well i alredy got 2wiimotes and 2 nunchuks so i should be fine for SSBB

:Liam
16-09-2007, 07:34 PM
I have both, but I personally prefer the xbox for online gaming and solo gaming. but for multiplayer gaming (competitive against friends family ect.) wii is better because it has more mini game style games I also love Loz, but I completed that, so my wii has a thick layer of dust on it but my xbox 360 is gleaming lol.

Yea but Xbox 360 owns!

dirrty
16-09-2007, 07:37 PM
i have a 360 & my sister has a wii but shes not here so its virtually mine and i love the wii as its like your in the game itself. cant wait for ssbb. deffo gonna buy that.

Neil
16-09-2007, 07:37 PM
hehe, i thought u had one O.o, well i alredy got 2wiimotes and 2 nunchuks so i should be fine for SSBB

Na I've always wanted one but not had the money but now it's next on my list, PS3 way after :P

I have both, but I personally prefer the xbox for online gaming and solo gaming. but for multiplayer gaming (competitive against friends family ect.) wii is better because it has more mini game style games I also love Loz, but I completed that, so my wii has a thick layer of dust on it but my xbox 360 is gleaming lol.

Yea but Xbox 360 owns!

That's why I like Wii, 360 is amazing for online and FPS gaming but the Wii has the whole party gaming thing going for it, same with the PS2 now :P

GommeInc
16-09-2007, 07:51 PM
I think Wii online playing is Wii Connect? I'm not entirely sure lol. I guess online ga,ing with Wii is just connecting to the game while with PS3 and Xbox Live it is more like a different online community.

Neil
16-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I think Wii online playing is Wii Connect? I'm not entirely sure lol. I guess online ga,ing with Wii is just connecting to the game while with PS3 and Xbox Live it is more like a different online community.

Still that mario football game looks fun as hell, I'd definitly pick that one up :P

Oni
16-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Hopefully wiiconnect24 should pick up, there are alot of wifi games coming soon. Its started pretty much the same as the DS on which most games are wifi now, so we can only hope.

Neil
16-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Hopefully wiiconnect24 should pick up, there are alot of wifi games coming soon. Its started pretty much the same as the DS on which most games are wifi now, so we can only hope.

Yea, I think the PSP was the same, had like lan style games and then start getting games to play online like COD and MOH

GommeInc
16-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Still that mario football game looks fun as hell, I'd definitly pick that one up :P
I might be getting it. It reminds me of a game I had years ago which was great fun. It was like Mario Kart 64 but with different types of play and you could play football and do weird things while playing. There is very little in comparison, but it does reminds me of it :P

Nemo
16-09-2007, 08:46 PM
I might be getting it. It reminds me of a game I had years ago which was great fun. It was like Mario Kart 64 but with different types of play and you could play football and do weird things while playing. There is very little in comparison, but it does reminds me of it :P
i have it. Great game :)

TehJoshy
16-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Wii ftw <3 im addicted to mine atm.
Mario Charged Football is imba! :D!

Neil
16-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Wii ftw <3 im addicted to mine atm.
Mario Charged Football is imba! :D!

When I get a Wii we need to have a game! You'll kick my butt but yea xD

TehJoshy
16-09-2007, 10:00 PM
When I get a Wii we need to have a game! You'll kick my butt but yea xD
Bring it on :D!
Im not that good tbh.

Neil
16-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Bring it on :D!
Im not that good tbh.

Well currently you're better than me as I've never played it :P

TehJoshy
16-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Well currently you're better than me as I've never played it :P
Maybe so, you might get beginers luck :P

Neil
16-09-2007, 10:10 PM

Lol, we'll see, maybe the Wii's price will start to drop more :P

PaulMacC
16-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Wii like to be on top!

GommeInc
16-09-2007, 11:07 PM
i have it. Great game :)
What is it called? I can't remember! I know one of the characters has a car which turns into a plane.

siz
16-09-2007, 11:18 PM
I registered the habbo name VVii earlyer

Simmzay
17-09-2007, 08:08 AM
It was always bound to happen.

Nemo
17-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Ill have to verse u whenever, pm me ;)

Lol, we'll see, maybe the Wii's price will start to drop more :PI will destroy you >;]

What is it called? I can't remember! I know one of the characters has a car which turns into a plane.
Errrrrrr i was on about mario strikers charged football lol :P

Frodo13.
17-09-2007, 03:51 PM
http://www.econedlink.org/lessons/EM550/images/bubleGraph.gif
Right, I am now showing you a typical demand graph. As you can see, the higher the price, the product is demanded less, and the lower the price, the more the product is demanded. So obviously, the Wii has higher sale figures and this is also the reason to why the PS2 is still doing well. Just because the Wii has sold and/or currently selling the most, does not mean it has won the console war. The winner of the console war will be the console that provides good games and a good service, not who sells the most.

Neil
17-09-2007, 03:58 PM
http://www.econedlink.org/lessons/EM550/images/bubleGraph.gif
Right, I am now showing you a typical demand graph. As you can see, the higher the price, the product is demanded less, and the lower the price, the more the product is demanded. So obviously, the Wii has higher sale figures and this is also the reason to why the PS2 is still doing well. Just because the Wii has sold and/or currently selling the most, does not mean it has won the console war. The winner of the console war will be the console that provides good games and a good service, not who sells the most.

There is no winner of a console war, it's just stupid fanboys obsessing over their favourite console, the Wii is an awesome console so it isn't only because it's cheap, people wont buy a bad console even if it is cheap

Oni
17-09-2007, 04:00 PM
good games and a good service
Nintendo does have good games/will aka Super mario galaxy, twilight princess, mario kart, Metroid, smash bros

It has a great download service with many different channels and it is also very cheap and a great value for money.

Frodo13.
17-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Nintendo does have good games/will aka Super mario galaxy, twilight princess, mario kart, Metroid, smash bros

It has a great download service with many different channels and it is also very cheap and a great value for money.

I never said Wii didnt have these qualitys, I was just stating that I dont belive the winner of the console wars shou;d be based on sales :)

GommeInc
17-09-2007, 04:20 PM
I never said Wii didnt have these qualitys, I was just stating that I dont belive the winner of the console wars shou;d be based on sales :)
Indeed, it should be based on service and quality of games and service, maybe even official online communities. Nintendo VIP 24:7 is Nintendos official community I believe.

PS2.
06-10-2007, 04:39 AM
Its not top according to my sig.
And btw this was BEFORE Halo 3 was released.

Neversoft
07-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Its not top according to my sig.
And btw this was BEFORE Halo 3 was released.

Your sig is from nextgenwars. They are estimates.

The console sales numbers you see on the front page of NexGen Wars are estimates, and are not intended to represent exact, down to the minute sales as only Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony know the exact sales figures of their respective consoles.

Nemo
07-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Either way, ps3 failed :P

PaulMacC
10-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Either way, I own.

Wait unti Brawl comes out, you'll see another 1-3k added on the Wii

Neil
10-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Either way, I own.

Wait unti Brawl comes out, you'll see another 1-3k added on the Wii

Going by nextgenwars Wii will need alot more than 1-3k to even come close to the 360 now lol

PaulMacC
10-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Put it this way, Wii's are still hard to get and it's 10 months after Christmas?
My auntie had to buy her son's Wii in May to save confuzzles.

Favourtism
10-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Nintendo still ''pwns'' XBOX because of DS sales

Oni
11-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Next gen wars is fake, loads of videos and pictures of its random generator, it adds sales onto each.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!