PDA

View Full Version : mySQL problem?

Galaxay1
15-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect (http://192.168.2.5/function.mysql-connect)]: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client in C:\Apache2\htdocs\dbconnect.php on line 3
Could not connect : Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

It running on Windows Server 2003, using Apache 2.2.4 PHP 4 and mySQL 5..

craigg.
15-09-2007, 04:35 PM
I never knew windows servers could handle MySQL. I thought MySQL and PHP were linux/unix based. I'm not sure.

Galaxay1
15-09-2007, 04:44 PM
PHP Works fine for me and has for a bit, but i just tried to install mySQL latety, failing at it :P

Eccentric
15-09-2007, 04:59 PM
is that the latest version of mysql? if so try downgrading to the version before?

Galaxay1
15-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Please only reply if you have proper answer.

Eccentric
15-09-2007, 05:06 PM
it was a question not ana answer

Tomm
15-09-2007, 05:06 PM
You have a number of options:

- Upgrade the MySQL DLL for PHP
- Downgrade to MySQL 4
- Change all the passwords manually and enclose the password with OLD_PASSWORD.

And just to let you know MySQL, PHP and Apache run perfectly well on Windows. I run a Windows Server as well.

Galaxay1
15-09-2007, 05:07 PM
How do i change the pass's manually? o.O

Tomm
15-09-2007, 05:09 PM
How do i change the pass's manually? o.O

SET PASSWORD FOR 'user'@'host' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');

Change user and host to the appropriate values.

Run that SQL while logged in as root.

Galaxay1
15-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Yer ino but where? :P

Tomm
15-09-2007, 05:11 PM
MySQL command line tool.

(Login via Remote Desktop, Start > Programs > MySQL > MySQL command line)

Yer ino but where? :P

Galaxay1
15-09-2007, 05:17 PM
ok on it and typed

SET PASSWORD FOR 'localhost'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');

then it comes up with

ERROR 1133 (42000): Can't find any matching row in the user table

:S

Galaxay1
15-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Ok finally got it to do it but still get the same error? :S

Tomm
16-09-2007, 09:11 AM
You need to replace the user with the user you are trying to log into MySQL with and host with the host that you are trying to connect with. Also replace newpwd with a new password, or you can use your old one.

E.g if I was logging in with "user1" with password "3r5gf5" from localhost I would use:

SET PASSWORD FOR 'user1'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('3r5gf5');

Also after that if you are still having problems type:

FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

This forces MySQL to reload user and permission data.

Galaxay1
16-09-2007, 09:18 AM
WOOT It works i love you :P

Galaxay1
16-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Cant edit above but now, how can i make it so the stuff can write to my computer?
Its Server 2003

Cause im trying to get it so i can make databases and such and anyone got a *copy* of plesk :P

Tomm
16-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Use the SQL above, but replace the localhost with %

Why not buy plesk? I am sure your VPS/Server hosting provider can provide you with a cheap license.

Cant edit above but now, how can i make it so the stuff can write to my computer?
Its Server 2003

Cause im trying to get it so i can make databases and such and anyone got a *copy* of plesk :P

Galaxay1
16-09-2007, 11:05 AM
k but with the writable like, if im using a vBulletin, how do i set it so some files are writable? And how do i make a database ? So i can set vb to run from the username / pass / name.

Tomm
16-09-2007, 11:35 AM
You don't need to. Windows is not like Linux where you need to make stuff writable. By default the Apache server starts under Network Service or System.

You can use the MySQL command line to create databases, however is is much easier to use a tool like phpMyAdmin. Or if you want a nice windows application that you can run on your PC I recommend Navicat (If you need help acquiring a copy just PM me ;)).

k but with the writable like, if im using a vBulletin, how do i set it so some files are writable? And how do i make a database ? So i can set vb to run from the username / pass / name.

Galaxay1
16-09-2007, 11:41 AM
I installed phpMyAdmin in the htdocs folder, then went to /scripts/setup.php and get:

Can not load or save configuration
Please create web server writable folder config in phpMyAdmin toplevel directory as described in documentation. Otherwise you will be only able to download or display it.

Not secure connection
You are not using secure connection, all data (including sensitive, like passwords) are transfered unencrypted! If your server is also configured to accept HTTPS request follow this link to use secure connection.

Tomm
16-09-2007, 11:43 AM
You re-named the sample config file right?

I forget the name of it but its in the phpMyAdmin directory.

I installed phpMyAdmin in the htdocs folder, then went to /scripts/setup.php and get:

Can not load or save configuration
Please create web server writable folder config in phpMyAdmin toplevel directory as described in documentation. Otherwise you will be only able to download or display it.

Not secure connection
You are not using secure connection, all data (including sensitive, like passwords) are transfered unencrypted! If your server is also configured to accept HTTPS request follow this link to use secure connection.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!