PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take for you to pass your test?

Ostinato
16-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Hiya.

Just out of curiosity - how long did it take you after your first driving lesson for you to pass your test?

I'm already 17 but I've not even started taking lessons yet due to finance and being busy and stuff lol. However I wanna soon and was just interested in how long it has generally taken people to pass their test and stuff? :)

Ta x

Seacat
16-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Took me 11 months and I did it on my second attempt.
I was only doing 1 lesson a week and had about 6 weeks off over christmas and holidays etc. Took me about 38 lessons altogethor, which is pretty high but to be honest i didnt rate my instructor much but didnt want to get rid of him cos he was a family friend and doing me a discounted rate.

Ostinato
16-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Ah cool.

I wanna try and get a block of 20 lessons, either taking a 2 hour lesson each week or just 2 separate lessons a week as I've heard it's more beneficial...

Just wanna pass asap tbh but driving is gonna cost so much lol.

Seacat
16-09-2007, 10:25 PM
i'd recommend doing at least 2 a week and id recommend doing em seperately cos if u do a whole 2 hour session you'll be really bored at the end.

i could only do one a week cos with him giving me a low rate it was just a case of he would fit me in whenever he could lol.

Ostinato
16-09-2007, 10:33 PM
haha yehh

Any suggestions for a good first car? :P I want something that looks quite good but is reasonable lol. :P

Hurts
16-09-2007, 10:40 PM
I started last September with 2 hour lesson a week, and well I never have been so bored, one hour a week is enough! Anyways I've had long breaks due to money to fund it :P I got put in for my test after my 28th lesson but I sadly failed, with 3 minors and 1 major, the major being a sudden stop.. :( Anyways my next test is mid October :D I'm on my 35th lesson.. Enough about me!, If i was you do around 1 hour a week at first, and as you get better just go every other week, it works out fine for me like that! And try and get your theory done out the way, thats mega easy! Anyways good luck in starting, freedom here ya come :eusa_danc

English
17-09-2007, 05:37 PM
I started last Friday. I had a 2 hour lesson and I've got another 2 hour lesson on Tuesday - I plan on having atleast 2 hours worth of lesson a week (though hopefully more if he's not too booked)! I extremely enjoyed the 2 hours and it flew by. My instructor said that by having 2 hour lessons instead of 1 you basically learn 'faster' it's more time (quite obvious really!). I've been looking around for first cars aswell, quite like the look of a Renault Clio, Ford Focus, Fiat Punto or a Peugot! I'd recommend getting anything with a 1.2 Engine or below because insurance won't be as much compared to say a 1.4 engine.

Ostinato
17-09-2007, 10:49 PM
So which do you think is more beneficial? 1 x 2 hour lesson per week or 2 x 1 hour lessons per week...

Yeh your looking at similar cars to me :)

:Hazel
17-09-2007, 10:52 PM
started driving march 05 till october 05 and then didnt have a lesson until feb 06
passed in june 06 so about a year overall.

GommeInc
18-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Errrm, Feb 13th to Nov 5th? So just 9 ish months :) I passed on my second attempt because my instructors car on the first time round didn't go into gear properly so I rolled backwards down a hill about a foot.

Ostinato
18-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Haha gomme... WHATEVER - BLAME THE CAR! :P lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!