PDA

View Full Version : Homosexuality At School

laffin
17-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Im not sure if anyone as made this point on this forum but Im sure many of you will relieze you won't really find any homosexuals at school, mainly because if thery are they are to scared because they will get teased or bullied by everyone else. I personality find it out rageous that anyone should tease someone about it and even use it as an insult. I myself am a hetrosexual (I personality don't like using the term straight as I dont really like the use of its opposite 'bent')but still support homosexual rights etc. At school people should be able to express there sexuality at school. I remember when people started passing round rumours says "I heard that some guy is a bisexual and is in counseling" I dont think any of this is true but everyone was laughing at it in some way I find it abit sad really because that is they way young teens think that bisexuals would be treated. Going back to my first point any type of homosexuality that people might be should be treated just like a normal person. I think that young teens like myself should be teached about homosexuality and it may improve the way teen homosexuals are treated and may more of them may come out. Also I believe that punishment should be more harsh for calling people gay, lesbian and bisexual etc because if they do that it should lower the amount of people teasing other people about homosexuality and maybe there will be a more open community. Im not sure if any of you would agree with this post.

I would be interested to hear you comments :)

,Jess,
17-09-2007, 06:06 PM
At my school it's never really been like that, maybe in year 7/8 people were immature about things like that but quite a few people came out about their sexuality and it was just accepted, I guess it differs from school to school.

laffin
17-09-2007, 06:14 PM
I do see why you said that because when I lived in Wales there was no teasing or anything of that sort but once I moved upto the north-east to Durham (its near newcastle) it was a big problem I would say about 80% of bullying ,maybe more ,at my school is people accusing other people of being gay or being a lesbian across all the years apart from 6th form. I was bullied for a while by some year 9s when i was in year 8 calling me gay etc when I was'nt its not a very nice experience I can tell you that. The school I go to is actually a very good school that has a good record of grades etc but people are still very immature. At my school if you admit to being gay or lesbien etc you automatically become an outkast as one guy was just suspected of being gay and now currently has no friends I tryed to be his friend as much as I could but then was starting me to become and outkast and bullied, i find it very sad that the should happen to anyone :(.

Moh
17-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Well iv left school and didnt tell any 1, but now im at college i told most ppl on my couse that im gay :D
But in my school 2 of the most popular ppl turned out gay, but ppl who arnt popular will get the **** taken out of them. Umm, thats kids for ya

:Hazel
17-09-2007, 10:25 PM
i agree with the fact most people don;t come out until after school mainly because its easier and saves them grief. However I bet in alot of instances people aren't even sure of their sexuality years after they have left school. Hormones can be all over the place.

&
18-09-2007, 09:42 PM
I got bullied for abouth a month because of it?
now its died down and accepted.

Now if its talked about its me taking the mick outta myself.

dirrty
18-09-2007, 09:45 PM
there are loads of ppl at my college who are openly gay. even if they havent told anyone, you can just tell. for example one guy who wears high heels, make up, fake nails, female clothes etc.

lew!
18-09-2007, 10:17 PM
a girl got ran over at my school for being lesbian so not many come out

womanizer
18-09-2007, 11:30 PM

O.o.....

Greed
19-09-2007, 02:40 AM
It's quite the contrary at my school. People are open and are not afraid about being gay/bi/lesbian.

Everyone at my school don't care, love is love. So no one worries about the gay/bi/lesbian students.

EverSteve
19-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Someone came out at my school when they were 10 [Dunno how they knew they were gay at that stage]. They've got the mess took out of them, ive got homophobic against me to,but i never came fully out, so i never have cause i know the kinda crap i would get if i turned around and said im bi to everyone in the school :\

laffin
19-09-2007, 08:38 PM

Thats extremely horrible for that to happen to someone. Was the person driving the car arrested? Did the poor girl even live? It must of been done by some extreme homophobics, that is quite sad for that to happen for anyone.:(

RandomManJay
19-09-2007, 10:11 PM
It depends on the location, around my school, there aren't many openly gay people because of the fear and negativity they would recieve because of the negative and prejudicial views of the population (this behaviour is mostly caused by inclosed, small societies where difference is classed as a minority and everyone conforms to a single style of behaviour), some schools are quite different, some even have clubs and groups to promote the connection between sexualities (quite a lot of these schools would be in cities and other areas where there is lot of diversity between people).

laffin
20-09-2007, 06:53 PM
There seems to be alot of differences between wheter the homosexuals get the **** taken out of them or no, it seems to depend a lot on the area you are I, in Durham (near sunderland and Newcastle) no matter which school you go to you will get taken the **** out of. Also if more people admit to being homosexuals then they will promote more people coming out then once you have more people coming out then people get bored of teasing and use to it and if the more popular ones admit to being homosexuals then more less popular ones join there will be less chance of being bullied and people just get use to it (other members did also point some of this stuff out as well).

shok
20-09-2007, 06:56 PM
STUPID HOMOS

Moh
20-09-2007, 06:58 PM
STUPID HOMOS
was the stupid homos for:
Homosexual
or
Homophobics

Eamonn
20-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Homosexual
or
Homophobics
Homosexuals most likely, homophobes aren't usually referred to as 'homos'

whoooosh
20-09-2007, 08:06 PM
I think it would be a good idea to be taught about it
because a lot of people see it as sick
but really its nothing different to being straight
people need to realise that

shok
20-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Homosexual
or
Homophobics
homosexuals

lew!
20-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Im kinda a homeaphobephobe lol.
Yeah the girl lived but she was in hospital for a while, i dont think they found the driver. Today another kid came out as bisexual.. and all the guys were like omg are you bi and they laughed at him ect so yeah.. im not comming out for a yet :P

laffin
21-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Im kinda a homeaphobephobe lol.
Yeah the girl lived but she was in hospital for a while, i dont think they found the driver. Today another kid came out as bisexual.. and all the guys were like omg are you bi and they laughed at him ect so yeah.. im not comming out for a yet :P

Thats the exact problem that faces many homosexuals these days causing homosexuals to hide away during there secondary school life. I don't think the government seems to acknolegde the problem sure some schools do have bullying support groups and alot of support for bulled people but thats only if they admit to being a homosexuals and if they admit they just get bullied and hide away. What they should do in social education (not sure whether people still have that anymore) talk about it and how it can affect the person and how there is nothing wrong with homosexuals to stop people saying stuff like 'stuiped homos' etc like what that guy said and stop people being bullied and encourage people to come for support because all the teachers or head of years etc say is 'my door is always open for help' but thats not going to do anything I remember when I went to my head of year about being sexually harassed by some girl that was twice the size of me (i'm quite small) it took me a while just to sum up the courage to do that.

Herman
21-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Going back to my first point any type of homosexuality that people might be should be treated just like a normal person.
unfortunately, i must say, we humans are very judgemental. when we see things or even people who are different or 'abnormal' from us, we would find the things/those people weird, strange, disgusting, scary etc.

nobody, and i mean really, nobody, comes out in my school. first of all, i live in a different country where homosexual acts are deemed as breaking the law. you could be jailed for life if you were caught having sex with another person of the same sex. however, this only applies to 'males', and not 'females'.

because of this law, you will find that rarely any locals here come out, because of the fear of being suspected and caught. it's very sad, actually.

laffin
21-09-2007, 03:36 PM
unfortunately, i must say, we humans are very judgemental. when we see things or even people who are different or 'abnormal' from us, we would find the things/those people weird, strange, disgusting, scary etc.

nobody, and i mean really, nobody, comes out in my school. first of all, i live in a different country where homosexual acts are deemed as breaking the law. you could be jailed for life if you were caught having sex with another person of the same sex. however, this only applies to 'males', and not 'females'.

because of this law, you will find that rarely any locals here come out, because of the fear of being suspected and caught. it's very sad, actually.

What country do you live in , if you don't mind me asking, and its very sad for that to happen to anyone to feel so surpressed by being gay and not being able to express there love , you could say, with a person of the same sex.

MattyBoy
21-09-2007, 04:30 PM
we was doing sex education today in my class. And talkings about relationships etc, and we were talking about "not teaching homosexual" stuff etc. tbh, i think its wrong, if people are not gay and they got taught that they might turn gay, and wont like it.

Moh
21-09-2007, 04:39 PM
we was doing sex education today in my class. And talkings about relationships etc, and we were talking about "not teaching homosexual" stuff etc. tbh, i think its wrong, if people are not gay and they got taught that they might turn gay, and wont like it.
Yea, most the ppl dont know that ur born gay and dont have a choice.

Romanity
21-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Mmmm how do I word this...
Ive seen at my school people come out, and then everyone stop the teasing etc...
And it appears that if your not popular then you do get the **** taken outa ya, but I am like one of the people thats in "that group" (the ones everyone fears, hates... and ha slow opinions of) and no one says anything bout it to me =]

In fact tbh... when ya hit yr10 its easier to tell everyone your sexuality and by then people have grown up and dont give two ***** tbh =] Like i pretend to flirt all the time with some of the hetrosexual butch chavvy guys in my group and nothing happens ;D

All about who likes ya really...
If your vunarable people will say stuff...

In addition... teachers sometimes pick up on it...
One time evrything got out about me and this boy.. and one of the older teacher forced me to see a councillor and i was like *** I wasnt the one getting bullied :@

laffin
21-09-2007, 04:56 PM

Well atleast people should be taught about to give atleast some respect since alot of homosexuals get bullied because they are homosexuals and it really doesn't matter if they like it or not since alot of people don't like to be taught about many subjects yet they still have too. I don't also understand why people may turn gay just becasue the get taught about them only because they may start to understand homosexuality doesn't mean people will turn gay and no one would be forcing them to become gay but will probably increase the amount of people admiting to be gay.

Moh
21-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Mmmm how do I word this...
Ive seen at my school people come out, and then everyone stop the teasing etc...
And it appears that if your not popular then you do get the **** taken outa ya, but I am like one of the people thats in "that group" (the ones everyone fears, hates... and ha slow opinions of) and no one says anything bout it to me =]

In fact tbh... when ya hit yr10 its easier to tell everyone your sexuality and by then people have grown up and dont give two ***** tbh =] Like i pretend to flirt all the time with some of the hetrosexual butch chavvy guys in my group and nothing happens ;D

All about who likes ya really...
If your vunarable people will say stuff...

In addition... teachers sometimes pick up on it...
One time evrything got out about me and this boy.. and one of the older teacher forced me to see a councillor and i was like *** I wasnt the one getting bullied :@
But if ur not popular then its the other way around. But it must be nice been able 2 flirt with other boys without ppl taking the **** out of u.

drama
21-09-2007, 05:12 PM
I 'came out' in year 9 and of course everyone took the **** apart from my real friends.

It's died down abit more because people just accept it, the girls like the fact theres one less of the many pervy boys at our school, and 50% of the people who take the **** i can beat up anyway.

but yeah xo.

RandomManJay
21-09-2007, 08:20 PM

Hmm...

What country do you live in , if you don't mind me asking, and its very sad for that to happen to anyone to feel so surpressed by being gay and not being able to express there love , you could say, with a person of the same sex.

I tend to agree with laffin about this, this is against human and equal rights, any country which would make this law, is reverting to a past gone law which existed some 40 years ago, which is also quite homophobic, perhaps not to women, but to men definately.

BigWilliams
21-09-2007, 08:25 PM
I got bummed by some gay guy when i was in the shower! I was like AGRH WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING - I had trunks on but he dry bummed me.. Thats the bad thing about comunal showers at my uni

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Please do not post inappropriately.

laffin
21-09-2007, 09:50 PM
I got bummed by some gay guy when i was in the shower! I was like AGRH WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING - I had trunks on but he dry bummed me.. Thats the bad thing about comunal showers at my uni

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Please do not post inappropriately.

Right....... That was completely random........ And something that wasn't on subject and something we didn't want to know.......

Back on subject. What countries have banned homesexuality im guessing communist countries like north Korea, maybe Cuba and China but thats only at a guess? Also maybe some asian countries. I would be very interested to hear something about it. I always knew there where some countries that had banned it or surpressed it but never really knew which ones. I'll try and find something about and post it and would be appreciated if someone would shed some light on the subject. :)

Moh
21-09-2007, 11:38 PM
where homosexual acts are deemed as breaking the law. you could be jailed for life if you were caught having sex with another person of the same sex. however, this only applies to 'males', and not 'females'
It was like that in england :p
Duno if it still is, Queen Elizabeth didn't think a woman wd do such a thing so only made the law for males. Duno if the law still applys.

RandomManJay
21-09-2007, 11:59 PM
It was like that in england :p
Duno if it still is, Queen Elizabeth didn't think a woman wd do such a thing so only made the law for males. Duno if the law still applys.

The law was dropped, or amended, 40 years ago, so it wasn't illegal to have sex with the same gender as long as it was in the privacy of your own homes, now its changed to the point where there is almost no defining line between the rules of heterosexual and homosexual sex.

Moh
22-09-2007, 12:57 AM
The law was dropped, or amended, 40 years ago, so it wasn't illegal to have sex with the same gender as long as it was in the privacy of your own homes, now its changed to the point where there is almost no defining line between the rules of heterosexual and homosexual sex.
i mean the age :p

RandomManJay
22-09-2007, 08:22 AM
i mean the age :p

Oh right, sorry :rolleyes:

!Max!
22-09-2007, 10:34 AM
there are loads of ppl at my college who are openly gay. even if they havent told anyone, you can just tell. for example one guy who wears high heels, make up, fake nails, female clothes etc.
That don't mean hes gay :/.

benjamin
22-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Lol this is a tricky subject really, everyone at my school found out and I thought everyone would rip it, but only one lad did, and he was a mate, and everyone hates him now LOL it's quite funny.

stratosphere
22-09-2007, 11:15 AM
I told my friends in school about being bisexual and one of them always cracks jokes about me "being in the middle of the closet".

Moh
22-09-2007, 01:26 PM
That don't mean hes gay :/.
Theres like a 99.9% hes gay :p

Herman
22-09-2007, 02:15 PM
i live in singapore, known for being the most high-tech and wealthy country in southeast asia, but also for it's strict social controls. we have a large system of punishments for acts that are deemed as 'anti-social', homosexual acts being one of them. i've sure many people by now have already heard of our 'no chewing gum' law.

!Max!
22-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Theres like a 99.9% hes gay :p
and why is that? You do get straight cross dressers.

laffin
22-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Interesting Herman thanks for telling us that most interesting. Do you know any homosexuals where you live? Must be quite hard for them and quite sad.

Moh
23-09-2007, 02:55 AM
and why is that? You do get straight cross dressers.
yep, theres a 0.1 chance :D

-Soph-
23-09-2007, 04:16 AM
In my school people are really open about it, no one really seems to care either.

Lepore
23-09-2007, 04:31 AM
To be honest. My school Has gay/lesbians/bisexuals running all over the place. No one thinks twice about it.

I walk down the sidewalk of my school and see girls/guys kissing and holding hands.

From my perspective i dont see a problem with it.

Love&Peace<3

-Soph-
23-09-2007, 05:43 AM
Perhaps it's more "socially accepted" in U.S. schools, one reason might be because you don't usually enroll until you're 14/15, and you stay till you're 18 so people are generally more mature?
I have no idea, but it wasn't really sociably accepted in my school in the UK, but it is in the U.S.

kinda weird.

Lepore
23-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Yea. Doesn't UK Students attend some sort of college at 16?

Matt,
23-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Yea. Doesn't UK Students attend some sort of college at 16?
You can go to 6th form college if you want or you can stay on at your school and do 6th form there

Im not sure if its accpted at our school reli theres one boy whos openly bi but im not too sure if many people know :S

laffin
23-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Its against some peoples religion to be gay or bi or a lesbien I know its against Jehovah Witness's religion but not sure about Islam etc. Must be hard for them if they get feelings for the same sex as they can't do anything about it.

Jacada
28-09-2007, 08:45 PM
To be honest, I came out as gay in year 10. and have never been bothered.

But an overtly camp guy came out and was bullied to hell.

I didn't get bullied cause apparently im popular and not camp.

I hate camp gays personally.
Like I don't go around rubbing it in peoples faces that im gay.
But he did, and thats why he got the crap beaten out of him.

but yeah ive never experianced homophobic behaviour myself.

&
28-09-2007, 09:16 PM
i live in singapore, known for being the most high-tech and wealthy country in southeast asia, but also for it's strict social controls. we have a large system of punishments for acts that are deemed as 'anti-social', homosexual acts being one of them. i've sure many people by now have already heard of our 'no chewing gum' law.

if you lived in Singapore, youd know its a city not a country :l!!

Uwe
28-09-2007, 11:59 PM

Singapore is a country but the capital of Singapore is Singapore :P
Also, someone asked where gay sex is illegal; http://www.avert.org/aofconsent.htm

fitcovboy
29-09-2007, 11:14 AM
People should not be bullied for their sexuality! I know someone that was bullied in school for being gay and they said if they had the choice they would not be gay. After all who is going to openly choose a life of being bullied over being straight? Gay people cannot help the way that they feel anymore than a hetrosexual person can. Hetrosexuals say they cannot understand how anybody can be attracted to the same sex, but they need to understand that the attraction for a gay person is the same as their attraction for the opposite sex. Unfortunately in the ever changing times it is becoming fashoinable to be bi-sexual and that is largely accepted, however the term gay is still not accepted. I do not see what is wrong is people, why can't they live their own life and leave others to it? You cannot judge anybody on sexuality anymore than you can judge them on race or religion. And why is it that lesbians are widely accepted by hetrosexual men but gay men are not? It all results in the the same thing wich is the same gender attraction. I do not think gay people deserve any special treatment they should just be treated with the same diplomacy as hetrosexuals. Anyone bullying a gay person really needs to look at their own life and ask the question "why?" Just because they see it as anothers weakness? "Gay" does not = abnormal. The kind of people that bully just have issues with themselves and they are looking for an escape, and by picking on other people it makes them feel some worth in the world.

Jordy
29-09-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm in Year 9 now, and I must admit no one has ever came out as gay in my year, and to my knowledge, the school. There's only 1 camp person in my Year really? :P

Herman
29-09-2007, 02:39 PM
i know my own country more than you do, so don't bother arguing. it's both a country and a city, fyi.

Singapore is a country but the capital of Singapore is Singapore :P
yeah, thanks for that. [:

Interesting Herman thanks for telling us that most interesting. Do you know any homosexuals where you live? Must be quite hard for them and quite sad.
well at my school, no, nobody comes out. i'm still in secondary school, and like most teenagers, they're still unsure of their sexuality. however, the students in junior colleges, polytechnics and universities here are more open now. there was this news report a few months back on how the university students knew atleast one friend who was homosexual. yeah, i think things are starting to open up here.

laffin
02-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Its good to hear that some people are opening up in singapore and not feeling forced to not hiding away their sexuality and should make other people open up as once one has done it more may follow him.

Sorry about the late reply I haven't been on for a while.

Nixt
02-10-2007, 05:55 PM
There are lesbians aplenty at my sixth form, and a couple of homosexual guys. No one cares and no one gets bullied, so it's kl.

Examplify
03-10-2007, 07:38 PM
There's a huge difference in maturity levels from high school to college.
I 'came out' in Year 10 - but I'm completely straight acting - I'm in Year 11 now and anyone who STILL asks I'll just say 'Yeah.'. That's the end of the conversation 'cos I'm not making a big deal about it, so why should they?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!