PDA

View Full Version : [Mining Guide][1-99] Chimp's Mining Guide

ChimpTears
18-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Introduction:
Hi, I'm a lvl 86 member on Runescape, and got bored while fishing for shark so I decided to make a skill guide, and I choose...MINING!

I found mining really enjoyable as a new player, and it got better as the levels got higher, but I now find it boring. (Don't let this put you off!) Mining is a very profitable skill, if you mine the right thing at the right time.

The pickaxes.
So you've decided to start mining and become a mean, green (Maybe not green.) mining machine! Well you better get a pickaxe! When you finish tutorial island you get a Bronze pickaxe, the most basic of all the axes. You would be using this for a while unless you get an Iron pick, because that's a little better and it only needs mining lvl 1 to weild. So now you've got lvl 6 mining go get yourself a steel pickaxe and get back to lvling until mining lvl 21 when you can get a Mithril pick, lvl 31 when you can get Adamant pickaxe and then finally at lvl 41 the daddy of all pickaxes, the rune pick!

Leveling Strategies.

1-15
Mine the basic copper and tin, because that's basically all you CAN
mine at this lvl. A good place to mine this is south of Varrock.

15-60
Now you should have a Steel Pickaxe, so you can go to the big mining area under Falador, where you will be power mining Iron. (Power mining means mining and dropping.)

60-99
Now you should have a Rune Pickaxe, and you can get into the coal mines in Fally where you will stay until lvl 99, unless you want to mine some Mithril, Adamant or Rune ores when you gain some lvls, although they aren't fast xp but they sell for high prices and are good for smithing. If you bank all your coal you should have a lovely amount of coal by the time you are Mining lvl 99, which you can sell for up to 200gp each!

Quests that give mining experience.
Another Slice Of H.A.M - 3,000 Mining XP
Between A Rock... - 5,000 Mining XP
Digsite Quest - 15,000 Mining XP
Doric's Quest - 1,300 Mining XP
Enakhra's Lament - 7,000 Mining XP
The Giant Dwarf - 2,500 Mining XP
Heroes Quest - 2,575 Mining XP
The Lost Tribe - 3,000 Mining XP
Plague City - 2,425 Mining XP

These quests give items that give xp to any skill of your choice:

A Fairy Tale Part II - 2,500 XP in any skill of your choice over lvl 30.
King's Ransom - 5,000 XP in any skill of your choice.
Great Brain Robbery -5,000 XP in any skill of your choice over lvl 30.
Legends Quest - 7,650 XP given to any 4 skills of your choice.
One Small Favour - You get two magic lamps that give 10,000 XP to any skill of your choice over lvl 30.
Recipe For Disaster - You get a magic lamp that gives 20,000 XP to any skill of your choice over lvl 50.

Ending.
So now your lvl 99, what to do next? Well, first go and get yourself a skill cape! They cost 99K, so you can show off with your 99 mining! Go enjoy your mining and mine more coal for cash, or even Rune if you have the time because they sell for about 10-15K per ore! Although with a mining level that high you could mine the ores to get yourself another 99 skill, such as smithing.

Thanks for reading, enjoy! :D

Wiley
18-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Wrong forum. Should be in guides >.>

Edited by --ss--2 (Forum Moderator): Please do not tell anyone they are breaking a rule (such as posting in wrong section) it's the job for mods/admins :)
Also threads only get moved to that specific section if its good enough.

ChimpTears
18-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah well, i couldn't post in there for some reason, so I posted here sorry.
Also, you're not aloud to tell me off are you?

Shrlurp
18-09-2007, 04:52 PM
:rolleyes: Stupid comment really.. the guide can only be moved there if it good enough.

Nice guide maybe some pictures?

ChimpTears
18-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Thanks ^^
I thought of that but I could noyl figure out how to put pics in in link form.

Wiley
18-09-2007, 04:54 PM
:rolleyes: Stupid comment really.. the guide can only be moved there if it good enough.

Nice guide maybe some pictures?

Well how am i sposed 2 know tht im a leacher i dont write guides.

I didnt tell you off i was stating xo

Orangeesh
18-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Sort of good guide.
maybe add some pictures?

15-60
Now you should have a Steel pcikaxe,

mistake there ^

maybe a diff colour not loads. but just one to brighten it up.

Saosin
18-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Add pictures, also add quests that give mining XP ;).

yido
18-09-2007, 05:11 PM
very nice son

ChimpTears
18-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks for replys, forgot to add the quests, and darn, tried not to make any spelling mistakes XD

Orangeesh
18-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks for replys, forgot to add the quests, and darn, tried not to make any spelling mistakes XD

Think about what you want to add/edit.
pm me and ill add it in for you.

ChimpTears
18-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Alright thanks ^^

GoldSolid
18-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Are you 99?

Havoc_Generator
18-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Are you 99?

Grimmauld
19-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Well how am i sposed 2 know tht im a leacher i dont write guides.

I didnt tell you off i was stating xo
lmao stupid jake xox.

ChimpTears
19-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Ahemm...Well no I'm not :( ^^

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!