PDA

View Full Version : Usersystem Features

redtom
18-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Well I've nearly finished the system for my web design company so onces thats off I want to practice my PHP by making a user system, it will only be my 2ed proper PHP project so it's not going to have loads of features and probely wont be very sercure anyway what features would you like to see on a user system?

So far I thinking of;

Login (well it's a start)
Logout
PM system
- Send
- View
- Delete
Mini Message Board
- Add Reply
- Edit
- Delete
User Options
- Change Password
- Change Email
- Change Avatar
- Personal Notes
News System
- View
- Add
- Delete
Contact Form
- Contact Us Page
- View Submissions

With them features it's looking more like a Staff Panel then a usersystem, so what would you like to see on a usersystem, please try not to suggest complex things as I'm not great with PHP.

Note it's a general user system so I wont be including habbo sigs or a shop or anything along them lines.

[Oli]
18-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Could work with normal acc & vip/premium acc's who could get features enabled like edit reply, upload pic, friends list, ... etc

=gamemaster=
18-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I agree with above!

redtom
18-09-2007, 08:27 PM
;3913483']Could work with normal acc & vip/premium acc's who could get features enabled like edit reply, upload pic, friends list, ... etc

Yeah I could do that, most of it's simple I'll have to look in on how I would be able to do the firends list though, not too sure how they work.

Eccentric
18-09-2007, 08:31 PM
ummm make a new table, with username and friend
then i think username would equal the logged username the person who adds and friend the person who added. But you'd display like echoing out the usernames friend or the friends username where the field = logged in person :S i think that makes sense?

redtom
18-09-2007, 08:49 PM
ummm make a new table, with username and friend
then i think username would equal the logged username the person who adds and friend the person who added. But you'd display like echoing out the usernames friend or the friends username where the field = logged in person :S i think that makes sense?

Sort of I'll try and do it now.

Lilian
18-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Logout
Remember me?
PM system
- Send
- View
- Delete
- Report?
Mini Message Board
- Add Reply
- Edit
- Delete
User Options
- Change Password
- Change Email
- Change Avatar
- Personal Notes
- Events Calender?
News System
- View
- Add
- Delete
- Edit
Contact Form
- Contact Us Page
- View Submissions
- Send Reply
- Delete Submissions

Just some ideas maybe?

redtom
18-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Logout
Remember me?
PM system
- Send
- View
- Delete
- Report?
Mini Message Board
- Add Reply
- Edit
- Delete
User Options
- Change Password
- Change Email
- Change Avatar
- Personal Notes
- Events Calender?
News System
- View
- Add
- Delete
- Edit
Contact Form
- Contact Us Page
- View Submissions
- Send Reply
- Delete Submissions

Just some ideas maybe?

Thanks you them +rep

Lol I canrt belive I thought the friends feature would be hardish it took about 15 seconds.

QuickScriptz
19-09-2007, 03:24 AM
Yeah I could do that, most of it's simple I'll have to look in on how I would be able to do the firends list though, not too sure how they work.

Well friends lists are simple enough in essence... Usually you would have them basically working off the users id from the MySQL table. So for instance instead of trying to store and constantly update your friends just have like a field for friends that just had id's (eg. field would contain "1, 7, 19") and then when you go to view your friends list just do explode the contents of the field and then do a PHP foreach loop on each of the id's. That way your list always has the current info and no backend checking is necessary to see if your data on them is current :)

Whoops - I just read your last post, well nevermind I guess but for anyone who wants to know how to do it there it is :P

Anyways my only other thing would be to watch how you do the remember me feature as it can be easily exploited if not coded securly. Like definitly don't store plain text emails in cookies that you plan to leave on the users browser across multiple sessions, encrypt it using md5 atleast or something... and just a random opinion of mine - there's nothing more frustrating than a remember me button that doesn't actually remember me :P

Oh, and another thing, I know this post is getting pretty lengthy but something I like to use even if I'm not collaborating on a project is a free PHP/MySQL script called ActiveCollab. It makes it really easy to organize your thoughts and ideas and simplifies the process of keeping track of your progress. I find it very useful! The only downside is how strict the requirements for it are (need MySQL 4+ w/ InnoDB and PHP 5)... so ya... check it out - http://activecollab.com/

Eccentric
19-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Tom, when do you think you will finish?
Just im after a good system for my new site which is easy to intergrate new features into?:P

redtom
19-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Tom, when do you think you will finish?
Just im after a good system for my new site which is easy to intergrate new features into?:P

I don't really know, I haven't started it yet I only did the friend feature to see if I could do it and I can, so I'll post when I start.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!