PDA

View Full Version : Hard boiled egg help

Albion
20-09-2007, 04:02 PM
Right thing is,
When i boil a hard boiled egg and eat it, it is very soft,
But an egg, in a scotch egg is very hard and nice and tasty :)

How can i make mine like that ? +reps

Jazza
20-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Get the water to boiling point before you put the eggs in if you aren't already.

Marky.
21-09-2007, 05:54 AM
plus put the egg in the fridge and boil the egg slightly longer than you would a nrmal one, like 2-3 mins extra but dont for get 2 put them in the fridgeeeee :P

Shawnstra
21-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Just give it a while longer, like 1 mins, if its too long it will become rubbery.

Catzsy
21-09-2007, 08:17 AM
As i boil mine for 10 mins+ I thought I would check. They should be cooked on a fairly low heat though once the water is boiling so it is just bubbling.

From the google:

Hard-boiled eggs
Hard-boiled eggs are much easier to cook than soft-boiled eggs, even though the method is much the same.

You can use hard-boiled eggs to fill sandwiches, make salads or even as a topping for soups.

Basically the method and the egg preparation is the same, but with hard-boiled eggs, the eggs may be placed in the pan along with the cold water rather than added once the water has begun to boil.

Once the water is boiling, the heat is reduced to a simmer and the eggs are cooked for around 10 - 12 minutes.

As with the soft-boiled eggs after cooking, the hard-boiled eggs are plunged into cold water and may be left there until they have completely cooled.

The cold water creates a layer of steam between the shell and the egg white, so that when it comes to peeling the egg, the process is much easier.

In order to peel a hard-boiled egg, simply roll the egg over a hard surface or gently tap it against a hard surface in order to crack the shell all over and then peel the shell away with your fingers. This may be done under a cold running tap, as the water will wash away any tiny bits of shell that stick to the egg.

The eggs will now be ready to incorporate into your recipe.

If you have prepared several hard-boiled eggs but do not wish to use them as yet, they may be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week, provided that they are still in their shell.

saras
16-10-2007, 10:43 PM
i would say its 14 mins for hard boiled egg :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!