PDA

View Full Version : domain stole

PenguinFluid
20-09-2007, 10:51 PM
my m8 logged onto namecheap to find all his domains and been tranfered to someone1 so he had been hacked.

what can he do

BlueEyedSarah
20-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Time for a law suit ;)

Lycan
20-09-2007, 11:04 PM
basicly you have no real defence against it..

the user who received could claim you sent it to them and not the hacker as there is now ay to no, and namecheap won't just pick up and place down domains. contact namecheap to see if there is anything they can do

Law suit? ,

LegendOfNoob
20-09-2007, 11:12 PM
i have one solution and thats you provide oringinal acount info the exact date of purchase or scan in a bill of purchase to the company and explain that someone had gotten into the acount and stolen the domain

that should work and if not keep checking the domains and they should show the idenity if they do not show the identity you can run a domain trace and get the hackers info then contact the police for theft and hacking :)

Lycan
20-09-2007, 11:14 PM
i have one solution and thats you provide oringinal acount info the exact date of purchase or scan in a bill of purchase to the company and explain that someone had gotten into the acount and stolen the domain

that should work and if not keep checking the domains and they should show the idenity if they do not show the identity you can run a domain trace and get the hackers info then contact the police for theft and hacking :)

The person who know has the domains can still claim they were given legit and not without the owners permission

LegendOfNoob
20-09-2007, 11:17 PM
solution to that:
the website carries a ip log on most all logs the authorities can ask for it as proof that the domain was not changed over by the oringinal domain holder as when they trace the ips they will see two different internet host 90% of time and they can call them for proof if your friend is a service holder of them on both and 90% of time criminals are made to produce a oath

Lycan
20-09-2007, 11:19 PM
that only works if the orignal owner has a static ip otherwise they will have logged in using many ips since the domain was purchased on, and could of logged on different computers with different isps.

LegendOfNoob
20-09-2007, 11:24 PM
i didnt say just the ip address you see you run ip traces on a site such as network tools the ones he/she has used will trace to same provider while the hackers will lead to another

+

if it was given in a legit way such as purchase you can show a bank acount log showing no processes going to that person

and as far as free take the point that he paid good money and would not give it away free

Moh
20-09-2007, 11:52 PM
As long as the domains are still registered in his name, namecheap should be able to do something. Then he has prove that he still owns them.

redtom
21-09-2007, 06:17 AM
If you did contact namecheap and then the other person who now has the domains said that you gave them to him you could always say he was suppost to pay for them and didn't so you now would like them back.

headboard
21-09-2007, 02:55 PM
Who is the person?

LegendOfNoob
21-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Great Idea With The not paying x]

Head Board Why Would you need to know?
i mean if he wanted to tell wouldnt he have told
already?

RYANNNNN
21-09-2007, 04:37 PM
If you don't know the right answer then don't bother replying. So how did habbox get the domains back when they were stolen ..?

Contact either NameCheap or ICANN.

headboard
21-09-2007, 04:55 PM
As my friends were stolen from namecheap too, I was wondering if we are talking about the same person.

LegendOfNoob
21-09-2007, 06:26 PM
As my friends were stolen from namecheap too, I was wondering if we are talking about the same person.
ah i c chances are low no offense but i would've added that part in :)

also i recomend if you need his info setup a phpbb2 forum tell him to setup a
acount on the forum you created and it logs his ip when he goes there and from there go to network-tools.org and trace it

i know probally doesnt help just adding notes really :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!