PDA

View Full Version : GTAIV

Technologic
23-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Confirmed to be released on April 25th 2008 by amazon!!!

GhostFace-
23-09-2007, 02:20 PM
omg i cnt wait
think it can be better then san andreas ?

dannyisnotamazing
23-09-2007, 02:21 PM
yeh, it's already been confirmed ages ago, right? :S

Neil
23-09-2007, 02:22 PM
That date is hardly confirmed, the websites selling the game are normally wrong at first because they guess when they think the game is going to be released

CJW93
23-09-2007, 02:43 PM
yeh, it's already been confirmed ages ago, right? :S
It wasnt sopsosed to be next month

Neil
23-09-2007, 02:52 PM
It wasnt sopsosed to be next month

It was but apparently their were issues with the PS3 version and they prob decided to just delay it to improve more

mangle
23-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Not confirmed , apprently Assassins creed was out on the 11th of September :rolleyes:

Neil
23-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Not confirmed , apprently Assassins creed was out on the 11th of September :rolleyes:

Assassins Creed is out the same day as Army of Two :(

mangle
23-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Assassins Creed is out the same day as Army of Two :(
November some time right?
I'll just buy it off the net and wait for it to come :)

Fez
23-09-2007, 03:25 PM
It was but apparently their were issues with the PS3 version and they prob decided to just delay it to improve more

They had issues with both versions.

PaulMacC
23-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Apparently Super Smash Brothers Brawl is out October 1st 2007

Neil
23-09-2007, 03:54 PM
They had issues with both versions.

Na I think it was only the PS3 version, it was two weeks behind the 360 version and they're going to release them both on the same day, they're improving the game anyway so it's all good, apparently the 360 version is 80% complete
The game is also SET in october, which might mean we will see snow as a type of whether but who knows
You can have more than one mission at a time and you can find out what ones you have to do by looking at your phone, the pedestrians are more realistic and they cough, sneeze and smoke and more
The game will have rocket launchers, and when you get larger items in the game you need to hide them or they will attract unwanted attention
If you want to get somewhere fast you can pay the taxi driver double the amount and he/she will drive faster and if you're stuck on a mission you don't need to fail to get of off it, you can start new missions while on one

Some new features I thought I'd post here xD

Fez
23-09-2007, 04:01 PM
I think it was actually because both versions we're lagging, they we're having trouble getting it all on one disc, and Take Two said 'HAY GIYS, WE NED MOAR MUNIES IN 2008', so they needed a big release at that time.

I think if the PS3 version was 2 weeks behind, they would've pushed that release foward by 2 weeks. I don't see any differences in the versions tbh, Rockstar said they are 98% similar, PS3 version was a port anyway..

Neil
23-09-2007, 04:04 PM
I think it was actually because both versions we're lagging, they we're having trouble getting it all on one disc, and Take Two said 'HAY GIYS, WE NED MOAR MUNIES IN 2008', so they needed a big release at that time.

I think if the PS3 version was 2 weeks behind, they would've pushed that release foward by 2 weeks. I don't see any differences in the versions tbh, Rockstar said they are 98% similar, PS3 version was a port anyway..

Yea but they still need to change some stuff in the PS3 version, all the controller layouts, stuff like that
And the stuff with framerate issues were only rumours

Fez
23-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Even if it was a delay with the PS3 version, controllor changes only take a week (what I heard from Halo 2 PC Changes)

Neil
23-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Even if it was a delay with the PS3 version, controllor changes only take a week (what I heard from Halo 2 PC Changes)

Yea and then they need to change things, like the tutorials thoughout the game, like when you need to press a certain button they need to change all of them
Alot of things will need to be changed to port it really, it's not easy to make a game work on a completely different console xD
I think the 360 version will be better tbh..

mangle
23-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Yea and then they need to change things, like the tutorials thoughout the game, like when you need to press a certain button they need to change all of them
Alot of things will need to be changed to port it really, it's not easy to make a game work on a completely different console xD
I think the 360 version will be better tbh..
The downloadable content will be good I hope :)

I feel that they should release a new trailer just to keep the fans excited about it :)

Fez
23-09-2007, 04:37 PM
The downloadable content will be good I hope :)

I feel that they should release a new trailer just to keep the fans excited about it :)
3rd Trailer was confirmed in a Podcast with Rockstar on 1UP.com

@Neil, I'm sure the 360 version may be better with downloadable content, but who's to say the PS3 won't get it's own? Besides, I dunno if my 360 can go online yet....

Neil
23-09-2007, 04:58 PM
3rd Trailer was confirmed in a Podcast with Rockstar on 1UP.com

@Neil, I'm sure the 360 version may be better with downloadable content, but who's to say the PS3 won't get it's own? Besides, I dunno if my 360 can go online yet....

I never said the PS3 wont have DLC, but the PS3 version is a port, so it may have more bugs and stuff
Plus the episodic content will increase the replay value of the game, I think Bioshock could of done with something like that

Fez
23-09-2007, 04:59 PM
BioShock IS getting downloadable content, which I will miss out on =[

Neil
23-09-2007, 05:53 PM
BioShock IS getting downloadable content, which I will miss out on =[

Yea from what's been confirmed it's only new plasmids

Loqo
29-09-2007, 08:08 PM
I heard they have delayed it because they included a building in New York which hadnt givin the rights to put in the game. I cant believe i believed them if you people are right. Anyway bit dissapointed about it being delayed but i was pretty much expecting it.

Aflux
29-09-2007, 08:09 PM
I heard they have delayed it because they included a building in New York which hadnt givin the rights to put in the game. I cant believe i believed them if you people are right. Anyway bit dissapointed about it being delayed but i was pretty much expecting it.
Then you heard wrong, it's been delayed because of the PS3.

Liberty City is a fictional place therefore they don't need rights.

Neil
29-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Then you heard wrong, it's been delayed because of the PS3.

Liberty City is a fictional place therefore they don't need rights.

The name is fictional but it's still based on New York but yea, it wasn't because of buildings, New York actually praised them for using their city as the ingame city, it's because of the PS3, not sure what exactly but that's the reason given so far

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!