PDA

View Full Version : Whats the point having a queen?

ChainLightning
24-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Its all for publicity. She sits on her saggy **** all day drinking tea, getting someone to feed her cucumber sandwhiches and takes her corkies for walks and thats about it. Same with nearly all the royals. They are all big headed, too posh and too rich. Whereas working class people are no way near as rich but we work our ***** off. She is only that rich because she was lucky and got born into that family. I can understand in medievil times... Kings and queens fought for there countries and stuff. But its pretty pointless now..

Lycan
24-09-2007, 04:27 PM
not to burst your bubble, but the queen isn't that rich and does have to pay certain taxes.

Shoovers
24-09-2007, 04:31 PM
not to burst your bubble, but the queen isn't that rich and does have to pay certain taxes.

I read she had about £300 million so not that rich eh ?

Corporal
24-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Do you know how much tourism we get from her?

Technologic
24-09-2007, 04:35 PM
She has overall control of the army too, and she still has to ask the prime minister if he wishes to be one. And she can fire the PM too.. so she is actually pretty important

ChainLightning
24-09-2007, 04:37 PM
She has overall control of the army too, and she still has to ask the prime minister if he wishes to be one. And she can fire the PM too.. so she is actually pretty important
So thats it? Id trust the PM more with the army than an old woman :]

velocity
24-09-2007, 04:38 PM
trade industry.

today
24-09-2007, 04:44 PM
You wouldnt moan if you were king.

Its not like she;s the richiest.

Jazza
24-09-2007, 04:47 PM
If we got rid of the Queen we would have to change: National Anthem, Currency, Stamps, Legal Structure and the Armed forces structure. Anyway, it brings the people together at things like the Jubilee.

velocity
24-09-2007, 04:48 PM
If we got rid of the Queen we would have to change: National Anthem, Currency, Stamps, Legal Structure and the Armed forces structure. Anyway, it brings the people together at things like the Jubilee.
yeah, they'll be told to stop doing it soon; so we dont offend anyone that barges into our country & thinks they rule the place.

Dan2nd
24-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Get rid of the queen and ruin centuries of tradition hmmm sounds like a bad move to me..

whoooosh
24-09-2007, 04:57 PM
She actually does a lot of stuff
it just isnt publicise really
she has lots of meeting with government
and people

Neversoft
24-09-2007, 05:01 PM
The Queen is 1337 man. Don't diss her.

Mrs.McCall
24-09-2007, 05:07 PM
I am actually a big fan of the Queen and the Royal Family. The thing is, actually, the Queen has no real legal persuasion or power over the army any more because electoral reform & military reform reduced her powers. However, she is a key part of political tradition i.e. opening of parliament & asking a PM to form office.

It bascially comes down the tradition. We have an amazing history of Kings & Queens that strech from battles to huge wars and it makes us interesting. Tourists visit London to see Buckingham Palace, the Queen makes us very popular. It is also good to have a sort of figure head that is always there when we need her. To keep things formal and organised when things such as Politics got messy.

The Royal Family in general are actually not that rich as alot of their wealth is in certain properties that the Queen doesn't actually have the power to sell. Take, for example, Buckingham Palace... it is in dire need of repair but the Queen and the Monestry do not have the money to fix it! Hence forth, it'll come out of tax payers money.

So, to conclude, the Queen rocks!

Browney
24-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Ah, the queen does more good than harm. I don't mind really.

I find it very small minded that you deem yourself middle class and because of such, you hate her for her money. I doubt if you were as rich as her you'd have a problem. You're just jealous in my opinion.

Sammeth.
24-09-2007, 05:12 PM
I like The Royle Family.

Also, the Queen does no harm to anyone =[ Let her sit around!! :'(

Virgin Mary
24-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Why don't you just move to China or Cuba? They're communist so then you can be an equal.

ETA: I think you're missing the primary point of a monarchy which is to prevent us falling under dictatorship. The government becomes corrupt = the Queen dissolves it. In countries like Russia with the Soviet Union, Germany with Nazis, and a lot of African countries what did they go and do? Revolt against their monarch and allow themselves to fall under dictatorship :rolleyes:

FlyingJesus
24-09-2007, 05:29 PM
I am actually a big fan of the Queen and the Royal Family. The thing is, actually, the Queen has no real legal persuasion or power over the army any more because electoral reform & military reform reduced her powers. However, she is a key part of political tradition i.e. opening of parliament & asking a PM to form office.

It bascially comes down the tradition. We have an amazing history of Kings & Queens that strech from battles to huge wars and it makes us interesting. Tourists visit London to see Buckingham Palace, the Queen makes us very popular. It is also good to have a sort of figure head that is always there when we need her. To keep things formal and organised when things such as Politics got messy.

The Royal Family in general are actually not that rich as alot of their wealth is in certain properties that the Queen doesn't actually have the power to sell. Take, for example, Buckingham Palace... it is in dire need of repair but the Queen and the Monestry do not have the money to fix it! Hence forth, it'll come out of tax payers money.

So, to conclude, the Queen rocks!

Agreed, I am a supporter of the royal family and all traditions really. I think that if more people took pride in our heritage and worked "for Queen and country" as it were, we'd do a lot better and have far less trouble, especially with the youth. They're a symbol of respect, and that's what the modern world is lacking.

One thing, I think you meant monarchy not monestry lol.

Mrs.McCall
24-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Agreed, I am a supporter of the royal family and all traditions really. I think that if more people took pride in our heritage and worked "for Queen and country" as it were, we'd do a lot better and have far less trouble, especially with the youth. They're a symbol of respect, and that's what the modern world is lacking.

One thing, I think you meant monarchy not monestry lol.

LMAO. Yeah I did.. oh god.. how embarassing! My friend was talking on MSN about Monks or something.. confused myself :(

Hiro
24-09-2007, 06:03 PM
England need a monarch or the whole country would be in anarchy.
No one to rule = bad.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!